Thread: Asus Zenfone 3 Thread

Default Asus Zenfone 3 Thread

Asus Zenfone 3 Specs (one to the left in the pic above):
    The basic model features a 5.5-inch Full HD display using Supers IPS+ technology. Inside, there's the Snapdragon 625 processor, with "up to 4 GB of RAM". It's unclear from the press release whether 4 GB of RAM is the standard or whether customers will have to pay extra to get this. Elsewhere, it has a 16 MP rear camera with laser autofocus.

Asus Zenfone 3 Deluxe (one in the middle):
    The Zenfone 3 Deluxe is the most powerful of the three. It carries the latest Snapdragon 820 processor along with the Adreno 530 GPU and, again, "up to" 6 GB of RAM.

The deluxe edition's 5.7-inch display also boasts Super AMOLED technology and Full HD resolution. The rear camera is a 23 MP beast, using the Sony IMX318 sensor, an f/2.0 aperture lens with laser autofocus.

Asus Zenfone 3 Ultra (one to the right):
    Finally, we have the Zenfone 3 Ultra. This is the phablet of the range, coming in at 6.8 inches. It also features a Full HD display, but the press release did not reveal the screen technology that it uses.

Its rear camera appears to be the same as that found on the Deluxe model, with a 23 MP sensor.

The device is powered by the Snapdragon 652 processor, the Adreno 510 GPU and "up to" 4 GB of RAM.
    Given the device's formidable screen size, it's no surprise to see a larger battery held within. The Zenfone 3 Deluxe has a 4,600-mAh battery, with Quick Charge 3.0 support and even a 1.5 A output that can be used to charge other devices.
    https://www.androidpit.com/asus-zenf...specs-features
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Cheapest and lowend Zenfone 3 vs S7
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Camera test Zenfone 3 deluxe vs S7.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

So this year it is either the LG G5, Zenfone 3 Deluxe or Zenfone 3 Ultra for me.

Done with Samsung... With these alternatives I will get better camera, IR Blaster, and removable battery (G5), Bigger battery (Zenfone Ultra). Right now Samsung only offering Samsung pay as an advantage. Which I can do without. Seeing as I prefer android pay.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

Hmm not Quad HD. Any word on prices?
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

Quote Originally Posted by BNOVA View Post
    Hmm not Quad HD. Any word on prices?
    Zenfone 3 is $249
    Zenfone 3 Ultra is $449
    The most expensive one (Deluxe) will be $499 I heard.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

am switching from the galaxy team been eyeing the asus from its release in asia
    I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

For those considering the Zf3, please thread carefully. The Zenfone division at ASUS is kinda crappy. Read through the multitude of hardware and software faults plaguing the Zenfone 2 on XDA forums, /r/Zenfone2 and the official ASUS Zentalk forum.

I bought the Zf2 on release from Amazon. One month later I was transfering some MP3s from my PC via the supplied USB cable. When I connected the USB cable the phone shutdown. I disconnected the cable and tried holding down the power button for 30s, 1 min, 5 min, the phone was still dead. The phone battery is built-in, and this has to be the only phone in the world where holding down the power button for an extended period does not ground and reset the power.

So I had to RMA the phone but that was quick. My phone reached the RMA center at 2:00PM and was shipped out by 5:00PM. It turns out there is a fault with the USB port that sometimes causes a kernel panic when connected to a PC. The OS hangs and removing and re-attaching the battery fixes it.

So far the Zf2 has problems with SIM1 or/both SIM2 disconnecting, SD card disconnection, wifi disconnecting, screen flickers, screen colour banding, half of screen blacks out, mic disconnecting, earpiece disconnecting. Right now RMA takes up to 3 months. There are persons on /r/Zenfone2 who have RMA'd there phone 6 times.

TLDR: It is apparent ASUS is cutting corners when it comes to quality of parts to offer such cheap phones at such high specs. Wait at least 6 months to buy and read reviews first, not YT reviews, forum reviews.
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by gW33Zy View Post
    For those considering the Zf3, please thread carefully. The Zenfone division at ASUS is kinda crappy. Read through the multitude of hardware and software faults plaguing the Zenfone 2 on XDA forums, /r/Zenfone2 and the official ASUS Zentalk forum.

I bought the Zf2 on release from Amazon. One month later I was transfering some MP3s from my PC via the supplied USB cable. When I connected the USB cable the phone shutdown. I disconnected the cable and tried holding down the power button for 30s, 1 min, 5 min, the phone was still dead. The phone battery is built-in, and this has to be the only phone in the world where holding down the power button for an extended period does not ground and reset the power.

So I had to RMA the phone but that was quick. My phone reached the RMA center at 2:00PM and was shipped out by 5:00PM. It turns out there is a fault with the USB port that sometimes causes a kernel panic when connected to a PC. The OS hangs and removing and re-attaching the battery fixes it.

So far the Zf2 has problems with SIM1 or/both SIM2 disconnecting, SD card disconnection, wifi disconnecting, screen flickers, screen colour banding, half of screen blacks out, mic disconnecting, earpiece disconnecting. Right now RMA takes up to 3 months. There are persons on /r/Zenfone2 who have RMA'd there phone 6 times.

TLDR: It is apparent ASUS is cutting corners when it comes to quality of parts to offer such cheap phones at such high specs. Wait at least 6 months to buy and read reviews first, not YT reviews, forum reviews.
    Asus seem sketchy all around. Where I work, Asus laptops get returned quite a bit for various issues. As for the power button issue, my LG G4 is like that, holding the power button doesn't reset the phone, but luckily it has a removable battery you can pull if there is an issue.

On a side note, those mid range Snapdragon 600 series processor seem to rival the 800 series with performance when it has a lot of ram and a decent Andreno gpu. I notice if it has 3 or 4 gb of ram it will play any game you throw at it with no lag.

preview of the cheaper zefone 3. Great device

Asus Zenfone 3 ZE552KL preview

Battery Life

One advantage of going with the bigger Zenfone 3 ZE552KL is that you get a much larger 3000mAh battery. With an efficient processor and a relatively large battery, we expected the ZenFone 3 to have a good battery life, and it delivered. The phone consistently provided around 6 hours of screen-on time with two SIM cards and medium use. The phone easily gets through a full day of use and those using it sparingly could even get through two days on a single charge.

Unfortunately, Asus skimped out when it came to providing fast charging support. The phone ships with a 5V 2A charger, which amounts to an output power of 10W (essentially Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 1.0) and there is no support for a faster charging solution. The fastest we managed to get it to go from 1% to 100% was just under two and a half hours. That's not a lot, but the rate of charging is more suited to overnight charging than a quick top-up when you are in a hurry.

Camera

The image quality from the rear camera is quite good. Images taken in daylight have good amount of detail with a negligible amount of noise. The colors and contrast are ever so slightly bumped up but remain pleasant and close to accurate.

The dynamic range isn't phenomenal, but the HDR mode does help a bit. Unfortunately, there are two HDR modes, and only the one found in the mode selector is the good one, whereas the one that is next to the viewfinder produces blurry, upscaled images with only slightly improved dynamic range.

In low light, the camera does well once again. If things start getting too dim, there are once again two low-light modes to deal with. There's one called Night mode that combines multiple images in an attempt to reduce noise and produces decent results.
    Then there is one called just Low Light mode (and the one the camera will suggest when in low light situations), which produces much brighter images even in near pitch darkness but at the cost of resolution (4 megapixels) and for some reason, crops the aspect ratio to 16:9.

The phone can also record up to 4K UHD at 30fps, and the quality is once again quite impressive. The limited dynamic range is evident with videos just like with photos, and there is no HDR mode for video.
    Additionally, you can also record in 1080p at up to 60fps, which you can use as it is or slow it down in a video editor to get reasonably high quality 2x slow motion video. There is also a built-in slow motion mode that records in 720p at 120fps.

Display

Since we only have the bigger model with us, our observations are based on this model only. Regarding image quality, this is one of the better displays we have seen, and one of the best Asus has pushed out. Never mind the 600 nits of brightness, which is almost unbearable indoors and more than perfectly visible outdoors even under direct sunlight. But the display calibration seems to be on point, at least to the naked eye.

http://www.gsmarena.com/asus_zenfone...iew-1499p2.php
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup