Thread: Xbox One S Review: Smaller, Faster, Better!

Default Xbox One S Review: Smaller, Faster, Better!

SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

I will just get the controller. It is Bluetooth. So wireless on my pc
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

These new consoles are in such a quagmire (a soft boggy area of land that gives way underfoot.). I see people trying to sell thier black xboxones now but only the most expensive white one is available. The Black xbone is cheaper than the wii-U but consumes twice as much electricity. 360s are still expensive but seem to be a better value than buying the current gen xbox because of the game selection.

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    These new consoles are in such a quagmire (a soft boggy area of land that gives way underfoot.). I see people trying to sell thier black xboxones now but only the most expensive white one is available. The Black xbone is cheaper than the wii-U but consumes twice as much electricity. 360s are still expensive but seem to be a better value than buying the current gen xbox because of the game selection.

yeah I realized only the most expensive white one is available (2TB version).

500GB version coming out on August 19. I see no reason to go through the hassle of selling my xbox one to buy this one. I hardly even turn on the thing either way. WiiU gets more play than it.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

Nothing on Xbox I want to play except maybe Forza. No Man's Sky on the PS4. Zelda:BOW on the WiiU. I just finished Skyward sword yesterday on the Wii. They should have really made the Xbone backwards compatible for every disk/controller (yes, I keep saying that but its true). the only reason I haven't bought a wii-U is because I still play gamecube games on the wii.

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    Nothing on Xbox I want to play except maybe Forza. No Man's Sky on the PS4. Zelda:BOW on the WiiU. I just finished Skyward sword yesterday on the Wii. They should have really made the Xbone backwards compatible for every disk/controller (yes, I keep saying that but its true). the only reason I haven't bought a wii-U is because I still play gamecube games on the wii.
    Well just halo for me and gears of war on Xbox.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

Turns out xbox One S can do 4K upscaling. Nothing like the PS4 pro though.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/com...ottom-comments

This feature is hidden away in the video output options, but you can change 1080p to 4k UHD upscaling on the Xbox One S.
    I cannot hype this feature enough, and I am really shocked to learn that you have to turn it on. Obviously it is auto 4k when it comes to video or 4k bluray playback, but the upscaling on actual games is a massive improvement.
    I did a quick test on Rise of the Tomb Raider, by standing still and looking at the environment and then quickly going to settings, switching to 4k UHD from 1080p and the results are actually quite remarkable. It looks astounding in comparison. So much smoother and less jaggy.
    When you look online, you really struggle to find any article or videos bar a few that discuss this. It is a huge feature and I don't know why it isn't being talked about more.
    I mean seriously, if the Playstation Pro can basically market a machine based on upscaling (I don't believe that it can perform true 4k unless it is on really old games with a real push), then MS should at the very least be promoting this massively impressive feature.
    It is making me go through a back catalogue of games just to see the improvement - next up; Halo 5!
    I played some Red Dead Redemption and set it to 720p/1080p and then 4k. For anyone looking for an experiment, try this out.
    TLR - MS should promote themselves more. 4k upscaling on a machine at this juncture is something they should be praised for. The results are awesome.
    EDIT - It is found by going to "All Settings" > "Display and Sound" > "Video Output" and then select the first box which will be on 1080p and hit 4k UHD.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

Who has a 4k TV? Anyone?

I have a 4k Tv with HDR , getting an OLED TV next
    ZEN
    CPU CORE i7 6850k @ 4GHz, RAM Gskill 32GB DDR4 3200mhz, GPU Asus GTX1070 Aura Storage: Samsung 512GB 950 Pro M.2 SSD , 500GB EVO , Cooling & Power Corsair RM750i & H100i V2 Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Atx