Thread: Apple's Lightning-to-3.5mm adapter for the iPhone 7 supposedly surfaces in Vietnam

Default Apple's Lightning-to-3.5mm adapter for the iPhone 7 supposedly surfaces in Vietnam

Most rumors talking about the iPhone 7 have mentioned that this year Apple is ditching the 3.5 mm headset jack for good. So at this point, after hearing this information from dozens of different sources, we're pretty much convinced it will happen. But, you may wonder, what will Apple do to keep its fans' anger in check?

Well, apparently it all comes down to shipping a Lightning-to-3.5mm adapter in the box. When you buy one of the new iPhones, you also get the adapter. So if you have a pair of headphones that connect through that 3.5mm jack, you'll be able to continue using them. Such adapter cables have been seen before (at the end of May at Computex), but what you can see in the Vietnamese video below is purportedly the original thing - aka the Apple adapter itself.
    http://www.gsmarena.com/apples_light...blog-19669.php

Do you guys think removing the headphone jack is a good idea?
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Of all things to be on the fence about;l it would be this. Using bluetooth only is battery nightmare. But! Being sorta wire free is kinda nice. If they do away with the 3.5mm headphone jack, i think I'll just hold on to my 6s very much longer. Just because everything I use can accept a headphone jack.
    Zee
    -----
    To find yourself, think for yourself © Socrates 469 BC

Quote Originally Posted by techdude View Post
    Of all things to be on the fence about;l it would be this. Using bluetooth only is battery nightmare. But! Being sorta wire free is kinda nice. If they do away with the 3.5mm headphone jack, i think I'll just hold on to my 6s very much longer. Just because everything I use can accept a headphone jack.
    I use Bluetooth only. Been doing it for years
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    I use Bluetooth only. Been doing it for years
    So you must have one of those battery packs for charging up then right?
    Zee
    -----
    To find yourself, think for yourself © Socrates 469 BC

Quote Originally Posted by techdude View Post
    So you must have one of those battery packs for charging up then right?
    Phone last the day. No need for the battery pack.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

I can see and understand the trend towards having purely wireless accessories, but personally speaking I'm not ready to do away with the 3.5mm jack and certainly not replace with with a lightning to 3.5mm adapter. There are instances when I'm using wired headphones while charging my iPad/iPhone. If there's a lightning to lightning + 3.5mm combo then I could deal with that.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I can see and understand the trend towards having purely wireless accessories, but personally speaking I'm not ready to do away with the 3.5mm jack and certainly not replace with with a lightning to 3.5mm adapter. There are instances when I'm using wired headphones while charging my iPad/iPhone. If there's a lightning to lightning + 3.5mm combo then I could deal with that.
    The dongle thing sounds terrible. I dislike dongles. Look at the MacBook that only has a usb type c port

Though I do not use my 3.5mm jack. Audio quality using the 3.5mm jack is way better than Bluetooth. Bluetooth audio has gotten a lot better, but it cant replace 3.5mm as of yet.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup