Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The new Blackberry DTEK50 is just a rebranded Alcatel Idol 4

Default The new Blackberry DTEK50 is just a rebranded Alcatel Idol 4

BlackBerry is back with its second Android smartphone, the BlackBerry DTEK50. Rather than worry about the design and build quality itself, BlackBerry has taken the TCL Alcatel Idol 4 and given it a new back plate. The result is a $299 "BlackBerry" that features Alcatel's hardware and Blackberry's software.
    Source

If 10 years ago, someone had told me Blackberry would end up rebranding Chinese phone to stay a float I would have laughed at them. How far the mighty has fallen.
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

I think that's what they should have done a long time ago.

People would have preferred to buy that the phones with keyboard bb sold.

I think they are on the right track with this honestly.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

I don't think anything will help android be any better. its pretty much pointless to add more phones in the android market. You can get a Blackberry Priv for $350 USD

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    I don't think anything will help android be any better. its pretty much pointless to add more phones in the android market. You can get a Blackberry Priv for $350 USD
    The topic isn't android. The topic is BB.

Android can help BB. if they had released the Priv for $350 initially then I am sure they would sell more. Most people wont spend $700 on BB, worst it didn't have the best hardware.

I fit was pointless to add more android phones in the world then all these brand new Asian phone makers wouldn't be making all this profit. They all started after BB and are making more money than bb.

EDIT:
    Too bad BB doesn't have the iPhone zombie following. I actually think most their phones are better than Apple's.
    Last edited by pezz; Jul 26, 2016 at 04:32 PM.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

This is a thread about an android BlackBerry hence android. BlackBerry threads on bbos10 are different.

I don't see how selling a phone for a loss is going to help a struggling brand. Where unnu get this logic from? Comparable hardware ain't selling for 350$

Maybe if the galaxy sold for $350 The phone is more than just a screen glued to a motherboard.

Why BlackBerry never sell it for 150? Like the other bargin bin android phones? "I am sure people would have bought it!" lolz.

This is a thread about an android BlackBerry hence android. BlackBerry threads on bbos10 are different.

I don't see how selling a phone for a loss is going to help a struggling brand. Where unnu get this logic from? Comparable hardware ain't selling for 350$

Maybe if the galaxy sold for $350 The phone is more than just a screen glued to a motherboard.

Why BlackBerry never sell it for 150? Like the other bargin bin android phones? "I am sure people would have bought it!" lolz.
    I'm not sure what you are trying to say 0_o
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

BlackBerry need to just go all out and build a highend superphone.. these mid-range android devices ain't gonna get them nowhere as it's a very saturated market already.

Just build some High spec iPhone/Galaxy killer running OS10 and I'm sure they will get sales.

And by high spec I mean specs that will run laps around anything on the market now. What do they have to lose?

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    BlackBerry need to just go all out and build a highend superphone.. these mid-range android devices ain't gonna get them nowhere as it's a very saturated market already.

Just build some High spec iPhone/Galaxy killer running OS10 and I'm sure they will get sales.

And by high spec I mean specs that will run laps around anything on the market now. What do they have to lose?
    I think only a few companies build these smartphone processors and hence you have all the same phones coming out with the same chips and then fanbois argue over who has the better plastic with android inside. Anybody know of BB making chips for this so called super phone that you talking about?

one guy say they should sell expensive phone cheap and the other say they should sell phones that are faster than the most expensive phones on the market. doubt bb is gonna release a phone more expensive than the iphone just to test out your logic.

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post

More highend than the Priv, as compared to the offerings of SamSung and Apple at Q3 2015?
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

I think only a few companies build these smartphone processors and hence you have all the same phones coming out with the same chips and then fanbois argue over who has the better plastic with android inside. Anybody know of BB making chips for this so called super phone that you talking about?

one guy say they should sell expensive phone cheap and the other say they should sell phones that are faster than the most expensive phones on the market. doubt bb is gonna release a phone more expensive than the iphone just to test out your logic.
    They don't make any chip in any of their phones since the beginning. What sets android phones apart is software, screen quality, sound quality, camera quality, battery life.

Bb mastered none. So they can't compete with samsung. They need to compete with the small guys.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup