Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Nintendo NX is a portable console with detachable controllers + powered by Nvidia Teg

Default The Nintendo Switch

Well. We see more info on Nintendo Switch. Still nothing concrete yet.

We know Nintendo is strong. (Nintendo wa tsuyoi desu)

We know Nintendo has some of the most fun games.

The big questions for people who love Nintendo style games are:

Will we get an abundance of fun games on the switch? ? ? ? ?

Will games be affordable?

I had a Wii for many years. That was a thrill. Many games played. I sold it after I bought a Wii U. I played as much games as I could, that was worth purchasing on my budget. Some of the BEST Nintendo titles are on the Wii U. Nintendo has the ability to make extremely fun coop games. Most of them does not seem to require high hardware specs.

My concern with the Nintendo Switch is the ability to continue fun coop games on the switch. Split screen mode requires more graphics. This can be seen in Mario Kart 8. And despite the believe of some people, that hardware is not so important, Nintendo does try to push the limit of the system to make the game as graphical as possible. Mario Kart is extremely fluid and beautiful in single player mode. I am sure Nintendo wanted it so, and also, gamers wanted it so. However, frames are dropped in slit screen mode. The next aspect is third party multiplayer games, like the Lego franchise, as example. These games can pump more graphics requirement than typical Nintendo games, like Kirby, because of the huge 3d exploring world, worse in slit screen (or wii pad + tv, each with own world). For a coop gamer like me, having 10-15 great Nintendo titles is nice, but after you burn tru those titles, you feel like playing something fresh. This is where multiple, cheap, 3rd party games comes in to fill the gaps, or else, I would go on my PC, or phone and play coop games for those. The Wii U did not have the amount of games that the Wii had. This made me interested in an XBox 360 as an addition to the Wii U, but I had a budget. The bottom line is the availability of fun coop games. Hardware needs to be not so far behind the rest. Mario etc alone on the switch would be a problem for me. I may get the Switch but it all depends.

The Switch is unknown at this time as to how it will handle it multiplayer games in terms of performance and licencing. I am a family man. Many kids and I play coop games. Do I need to buy a switch for each child to have a good coop experience. If so, do I need to buy the same game for more than one switch? Will there be some extended licencing, example, purchase one game and as much as 4 gamers can connect to the game without have to purchase the game, once they are in the proximity. Will budget cause to to use split screen mode for a game like Mario Kart. If it is possible to play this game in multiplayer mode with other Switches in proximity, what type of budget is needed for a good coop experience. How much will games cost and the system?

Single player people should be OK. I am just concern how the switch will affect budget home coop.

These are games that I enjoy on WiiU. I have recently gotten a few new ones, some months ago. I am almost dry again. Burnt tru most of them.

free upload
    Let's act on what we agree on now, and argue later on what we don't.
    Black men leave Barbeque alone if Barbeque don't trouble you

@crossfire so u basically have everything. Compared to most ps4 and xbone owners who have 1 cod, a fifa and assassin creed because that's all they play by themselves at nights online.

So far i am disapponted. the Switch is gonna be powered by a lowly Tegra X1. last gen maxwell based tegra.

KMT.

Will get it first day anyways.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Sell mi unnu wii-u when unnu get the switch.

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    So far i am disapponted. the Switch is gonna be powered by a lowly Tegra X1. last gen maxwell based tegra.

KMT.

Will get it first day anyways.
    Bashes against the hardware. Will get it anyways lol.

I would get one myself but have no reason to now. At least it looks more promising than the Nintendo Wii U.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

That's not much of an accomplishment though, honestly...
    No one expects the Inquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    @crossfire so u basically have everything. Compared to most ps4 and xbone owners who have 1 cod, a fifa and assassin creed because that's all they play by themselves at nights online.
    Well basically! I still have not gotten Smash Bros, Pokemon, Splatoon, and a few others. In due time. Maybe.

I was hoping to get a new Naruto though, or even Mortal Kombat. Did not see any Naruto. What a waste.

At one time, i was thinking of getting an XBox 360/PS3 for games that should have come out on WiiU.

Well I might get a Xbox One along side the Switch, and games like Fifa 17, F1 2016 and a FPS game like Titanfall 2. If money gets tall, I would also get a PS4 and some exclusive games.

When I sell the Wii U, I would keep some of the dics for a while until I get to finish them all on an emulator. I would have to rely on a high end pc for that and not the Switch. But we will see.

I like to network play games locally. I still play UT2004 locally, because a few people on my home network have PCs. I hope the switch could join in, that is, if there is a version of UT that comes out for the switch. That would be cool.

If the price of the switch is right, then I may get two Switches. I am suspecting that I may need a dedicated screen for a better user experience, thus each switch user has his own screen. I doubt I can afford more than two. I may not even can afford two, but we will see what the launch price looks like. This is because I am all about the multiplayer. (Though I enjoy solo playing UT2004 and Pikmin at times.)
    Last edited by crosswire; Jan 1, 2017 at 01:58 PM.
    Let's act on what we agree on now, and argue later on what we don't.
    Black men leave Barbeque alone if Barbeque don't trouble you