Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo NX is a portable console with detachable controllers + powered by Nvidia Teg

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    Lol I didn't even know you had a Ps4. but from your argument I could tell you have one. because you sound like the typical Nintendo basher, who thinks they know what Nintendo should. Kinda like people who will never buy BB but keep on saying they should do this and do that.
    When did I bash them?

You have/had no intentions of buying a WiiU.
    OK, Miss Cleo.

No one expects the Inquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by Makkah View Post
    When did I bash them?

OK, Miss Cleo.

As I go play smash bros online.....
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

As I go play smash bros online.....
    While I am currently stuck at the Forbidden Forest stage in Zelda: The Wind Waker, the XB360 controller makes camera control weird.
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by gW33Zy View Post
    While I am currently stuck at the Forbidden Forest stage in Zelda: The Wind Waker, the XB360 controller makes camera control weird.
    You playing on PC I take it?
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

You playing on PC I take it?
    Yep. I just started Dawn of Mana on the PS2 and I realized it too has an inverted Y axis for camera control, must be a Japanese game thing.
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

Currently finishing up skyward sword on the Wii. It had a drawn out repetitive section in the middle that burnt me out initially but I think I am successfully past it.

OK. My view.

Nintendo "fanbase" is overated in this forum.

PS, Xbox, Nintendo. Its all good. Many gamers have more than one console. Those on a low budget, like myself, pick just the one most suitable. It is just a simple question. If I want to play Mario or not, and if I want it more than other consoles' exclusives. If my budget was to increase, then I would weigh this decision on the second console that I should get with their exclusive respectively. Basically, the amount and quality of games, would be the deciding factor.

When, you go into game stores, all three consoles are side by side. Nintendo is well aware of this, and the competition in the market place, and I doubt that they are banking on "fanbase" to sell their console even though fans exist with a certain level of loyalty. Also Nintendo is well aware that Wii U failed, and why it failed.

I am a big Nintendo fan, and also a PS and Xbox fan.

I bought a Wii U. However, after going through a few great titles. I was extremely disappointed with the hardware performance of Wii U.
    Eg Mario Kart is great in single player, but in two player the split tv screen is bothersome. There is no option to use the wiipad's 420p screen and tv 720p screen simultaneously, instead it is just one tv 720p screen, that is split for 2 players. The fun in the game expands when more players are present, but even with split screen, there are moments when graphics seem to be less than 60fps. Furthermore, a noticeable frame rate drop is noticed in the older Lego WiiU games, which gets much worse in split screen. These are great titles but WiiU hardware sucks basically.
    Further disappointment grew when Xbox and PS3 where getting the same titles but WiiU was absent. I figured the hardware of WiiU was not fast enough, below minimum specs. Developers would have to rework a lighter version of the game, and that would be too bothersome and it would not bring the same game experience. Furthermore the wii U market was too small. Personally, I do not think the controller difference is a big issue for developers to remap the input. Some of these games are pc based, which allow key/mouse or game pad. In the simplest case, it is just a rework on the input layer/module. Then game testing.

If the NX, uses Tegra 1, this could be another disappointment, because current consoles are about 1.3 - 1.7 Teraflops of gpu performance, and Tegra 1 is about 1 Tflops so it would be slower, plus PS and Xbox are soon coming with their next gen, which is even going to be more Tflops. Expect to see more demanding games. I do not want Nintendo to be left out, even multiplayer games has issues when the hardware is lacking.

There is a rumor that a next gen Tegra 2 will be used in NX. I hope it packs at least 4 TFlops but it is rumored to be a handheld. But I do not know how mutiplayer will be handled on the NX. Multiplayer can demand more Tflops. Nintendo cannot allow themselves to fail.
    Let's act on what we agree on now, and argue later on what we don't.
    Black men leave Barbeque alone if Barbeque don't trouble you

As long as Nintendo has Pokemon they can never flop .
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Quote Originally Posted by crosswire View Post
    OK. My view.

Nintendo "fanbase" is overated in this forum.

PS, Xbox, Nintendo. Its all good. Many gamers have more than one console. Those on a low budget, like myself, pick just the one most suitable. It is just a simple question. If I want to play Mario or not, and if I want it more than other consoles' exclusives. If my budget was to increase, then I would weigh this decision on the second console that I should get with their exclusive respectively. Basically, the amount and quality of games, would be the deciding factor.

When, you go into game stores, all three consoles are side by side. Nintendo is well aware of this, and the competition in the market place, and I doubt that they are banking on "fanbase" to sell their console even though fans exist with a certain level of loyalty. Also Nintendo is well aware that Wii U failed, and why it failed.

I am a big Nintendo fan, and also a PS and Xbox fan.

I bought a Wii U. However, after going through a few great titles. I was extremely disappointed with the hardware performance of Wii U.
    Eg Mario Kart is great in single player, but in two player the split tv screen is bothersome. There is no option to use the wiipad's 420p screen and tv 720p screen simultaneously, instead it is just one tv 720p screen, that is split for 2 players. The fun in the game expands when more players are present, but even with split screen, there are moments when graphics seem to be less than 60fps. Furthermore, a noticeable frame rate drop is noticed in the older Lego WiiU games, which gets much worse in split screen. These are great titles but WiiU hardware sucks basically.
    Further disappointment grew when Xbox and PS3 where getting the same titles but WiiU was absent. I figured the hardware of WiiU was not fast enough, below minimum specs. Developers would have to rework a lighter version of the game, and that would be too bothersome and it would not bring the same game experience. Furthermore the wii U market was too small. Personally, I do not think the controller difference is a big issue for developers to remap the input. Some of these games are pc based, which allow key/mouse or game pad. In the simplest case, it is just a rework on the input layer/module. Then game testing.

If the NX, uses Tegra 1, this could be another disappointment, because current consoles are about 1.3 - 1.7 Teraflops of gpu performance, and Tegra 1 is about 1 Tflops so it would be slower, plus PS and Xbox are soon coming with their next gen, which is even going to be more Tflops. Expect to see more demanding games. I do not want Nintendo to be left out, even multiplayer games has issues when the hardware is lacking.

There is a rumor that a next gen Tegra 2 will be used in NX. I hope it packs at least 4 TFlops but it is rumored to be a handheld. But I do not know how mutiplayer will be handled on the NX. Multiplayer can demand more Tflops. Nintendo cannot allow themselves to fail.
    Not sure what you mean by Nintendo fanbase being overated, Nintendo has stated over and over again they will never have the most "powerful" system thats not their aim, Nintendo has never been about teraflops, Nintendo has always been about using their IP to sell hardware.

I have moved passed this now, thinking Ninteno needs a faster system to remain relevant kinda is a fallacy, the replay value on Nintendo games FAR and away superceed anything else from any other game dev, its not even close, I know people still playing Goldeneye and Mario Kart 64. Nintendo has an ace-in-the-hole with the NX and its the new Pokemon Game that Gamefreak is working on.

Nintendo needs to pull an AMD leave the "Hardcore Gamer Market" and come up with another gimmick to go after the masses, kinda like what they did with the Wii
    Last edited by topanaris; Aug 15, 2016 at 11:02 AM.
    Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often -Anonymous.......

So I guess there has been no new leaks on this nonsense news?