Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37

Thread: Nintendo NX is a portable console with detachable controllers + powered by Nvidia Teg

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    555
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    Wii U proved that late first party titles arent enough. All Nintendo's games were late by over a year, some still havent even been released yet.
    But the games did come, and sales were still dismal. I thought about getting a Wii U several times. Nintendo sells refurbs that are practically brand new for a very good price. Even so, however, I couldn't justify the cost for 2, maybe 3 or so games.
    No one expects the Inquisition.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    16,974
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Makkah View Post
    But the games did come, and sales were still dismal. I thought about getting a Wii U several times. Nintendo sells refurbs that are practically brand new for a very good price. Even so, however, I couldn't justify the cost for 2, maybe 3 or so games.
    Outside of you. Everyone I know who doesnt have one says it because the games are late. Buyign a WiiU now is useless it is not next gen anymore.

    I was an early buyer then realized smash bros coming more than a year later. I regretted buying it.

    No one buys Nintendo for 3rd party. You are the only person i hear say that. People buy nintendo for the exclusives Nintendo makes. Mario Kart, Smash bros, Zelda etc. All these games came 18 months or more later.

    So i had my WiiU sitting for over a year waiting for smash bros.

    This is Sony or MS. Nintendo doesnt need 3rd party, they are control their success.

    the 2 or 3 games you mentioned are played more than any 3rd party on xbox or ps4. Nintendo exclusive never drop in price.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    555
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    The late argument makes no sense. Not everyone buys consoles day 1 or even year 1. Most people don't, in fact. If the games were compelling enough people would buy it, but they aren't so they don't. And with nothing else to play in between it's a waste of money for most people. Those few loyal fans that diminish every generation are not enough to sustain it as proven by Nintendo's heavy losses over the last few years.
    No one expects the Inquisition.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    16,974
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Makkah View Post
    The late argument makes no sense. Not everyone buys consoles day 1 or even year 1. Most people don't, in fact. If the games were compelling enough people would buy it, but they aren't so they don't. And with nothing else to play in between it's a waste of money for most people. Those few loyal fans that diminish every generation are not enough to sustain it as proven by Nintendo's heavy losses over the last few years.
    You obviously don't buy Nintendo consoles. This isn't PlayStation or Xbox. people buy Nintendo for Nintendo games. Nothing else. I own all Nintendo system so I know. You xbox and playstation logic doesn't apply to Nintendo. I don't turn on my WiiU to play 3rd party games, that's what I have a Xbox and Pc for.

    everyone I know who doesn't own Nintendo's latest for the first time reason is the overly late game releases which happened for the first time. And if I knew that I would have to wait 18 months for smash bros, I wouldn't have bought it either.

    Stick to ps4...
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    16,974
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Here is the Sales data for WiiU. 12 million so far. Xbox One is 18 million. aint bad for a console with "No 3rd party"

    https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/sales/hard_soft/

    Bad compared to the 101million life time sales of the first Wii. But everything was right on time for the Wii including the games people wanted to play.

    WiiU launch was terrible. The worst thing is Some people still don't even know what is a WiiU. They don't even know Nintendo released a new Wii.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,099
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I will have to get a WiiU eventually to play the new Zelda. I haven't bought it yet because I still have old gen stuff to finish up. Backlog deep af.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    16,974
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    I will have to get a WiiU eventually to play the new Zelda. I haven't bought it yet because I still have old gen stuff to finish up. Backlog deep af.
    I hear you. I know that's one of the games many persons were waiting for. this should have been launch game.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    555
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    You obviously don't buy Nintendo consoles.
    Classic Pezz, but no, not since the Gamecube because they have very few games that I want. I have a new 3DS though, which I bought because it actually has games I want to play.

    Stick to ps4...
    I will, because it has games I want to play.

    Pezz, you're such a child, seriously...
    No one expects the Inquisition.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    16,974
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Makkah View Post
    Classic Pezz, but no, not since the Gamecube because they have very few games that I want. I have a new 3DS though, which I bought because it actually has games I want to play.


    I will, because it has games I want to play.

    Pezz, you're such a child, seriously...

    Lol I didn't even know you had a Ps4. but from your argument I could tell you have one. because you sound like the typical Nintendo basher, who thinks they know what Nintendo should. Kinda like people who will never buy BB but keep on saying they should do this and do that.

    You have/had no intentions of buying a WiiU.

    Call me anything you want to, it doesn't faze me
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,099
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    I hear you. I know that's one of the games many persons were waiting for. this should have been launch game.
    Could not have been a launch game because they were finishing up Zelda : SKYWARD SWORD before launch. just like how they finishing up this zelda before the launch of the NX. Zelda games take long to make all that grass.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •