Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo NX is a portable console with detachable controllers + powered by Nvidia Teg

Default Nintendo NX is a portable console with detachable controllers + powered by Nvidia Teg

Nintendo's upcoming NX will be a portable, handheld console with detachable controllers, a number of sources have confirmed to Eurogamer.

On the move, NX will function as a high-powered handheld console with its own display. So far so normal - but here's the twist: we've heard the screen is bookended by two controller sections on either side, which can be attached or detached as required.

Then, when you get home, the system can connect to your TV for gaming on the big screen.

A base unit, or dock station, is used to connect the brain of the NX - within the controller - to display on your TV.
    Nvidia is providing the core technology that powers Nintendo's next generation NX console. Multiple sources have confirmed that the new machine is based around Nvidia's mobile-orientated Tegra processor, with development kits currently using the Tegra X1 chip found in the Shield Android TV console and the Google Pixel C tablet.

The news is bound to come as some surprise to those - including ourselves - who suspected that AMD would provide the technology guts to the new Nintendo machine, but what's clear is that the firm is planning to go into a completely new, potentially revolutionary direction. Right now, it is simply not interested in providing hardware that directly competes with PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. It has its own ideas on where to take next-gen gaming.

NX is a mobile games machine, albeit one with a twist - principally that the unit can plug into a base station that transforms it into something more akin to a conventional console. However, the handheld's side-mounted control areas are apparently detachable, becoming individual pads for two-player gameplay - as revealed in today's big Nintendo NX news story on this site. At a really basic level, NX is effectively a reversal of the Wii U GamePad concept. It's a fully integrated mobile games machine you can plug into an HDTV, as opposed to a console with a semi-portable gaming component, bolstered with a unique 'go anywhere' take on local multiplayer.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...le-controllers
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...y-nvidia-tegra
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

I hope this is not their next gen console. It smells like fail.

LOL tegra
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

It weird how when ever nintendo is to release a console everyone comes up with ludicrous ideas but the ps/xbox just keep releasing the same stuff every year with the same controllers re-package and sold over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    It weird how when ever nintendo is to release a console everyone comes up with ludicrous ideas but the ps/xbox just keep releasing the same stuff every year with the same controllers re-package and sold over and over.
    I am making fun of the chip not the system. I hope the tegra thing isn't serious.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

nintendo never does cutting edge hardware specs. people are already saying that the ps4 is slow. plus I don't think they are brave enough to drop a 600$ console like sony did with the ps3 (worst console of all time)

A wise man once said the enemy of tomorrow is today's success, Nintendo has fallen in love with the Wii's success so much so that the have convinced themselves that this is the way to go.

Who knows this might actually take off, a portable console, I might actually buy it. Lets see.
    Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often -Anonymous.......

Well this is a portable console that can be attached to your tv. Which explains the tegra. hopefully there is a "console" console. Cause I don't do the mobile thing.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

My biggest concern with this is that, if it's underpowered and has a non-traditional controller as its primary input yet again, third parties won't offer much support for it which means it will fail. The WiiU proved that Nintendo's first party isn't enough anymore.
    No one expects the Inquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by Makkah View Post
    My biggest concern with this is that, if it's underpowered and has a non-traditional controller as its primary input yet again, third parties won't offer much support for it which means it will fail. The WiiU proved that Nintendo's first party isn't enough anymore.
    Wii U proved that late first party titles arent enough. All Nintendo's games were late by over a year, some still havent even been released yet.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

This idea is so crazy that they might as well say nintendo is bringing back the virtual boy in order to capture the up and coming flood of VR games