Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Verizon Buys Yahoo For Nearly US$5B

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    What I'm saying is that if in 1998 Google was a treat to Yahoo where they offered to buy them out.
    If the buyout was successful would they have just shelved Google and it's ideas and continue with Yahoo or would they shelved Google and take all it's technologies and ideas and implement them into Yahoo??
    In 1998 Google was failing and tried selling themselves to Yahoo. Google was no threat to Yahoo.

In 2002 Google started going somewhere and Yahoo tried buying them for 5 billion.

First Google tried selling themselves and were turned down. Then 4 years later yahoo saw that Google was going somewhere and tried buying them

What ideas could a 1 million company offer big mighty yahoo at that time? Google themselves didn't have any ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by jamrock View Post
    I can't believe that I am actually agreeing with Pezz on something.
    Lol >.>
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Back in 1998 Google had Larry Page & Sergey.... if Yahoo could have locked them into say a 2-5 year contract before they were able to leave then we don't know what would happen... But as me seh.. that stale news now... all the speculation holds no water now.. Google is what it is now and Yahoo is what it is now..
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Back in 1998 Google had Larry Page & Sergey.... if Yahoo could have locked them into say a 2-5 year contract before they were able to leave then we don't know what would happen... But as me seh.. that stale news now... all the speculation holds no water now.. Google is what it is now and Yahoo is what it is now..
    If Google had ideas it wouldn't offer itself for $1 million. It was clear they had no direction at that time. See in 2002 they valued themselves at 5 billion. That

Nah news aint stale. I am still trying to find out how a big fail company buying a small fail company = win. Seeing as Google was failing in 1998.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    If Google had ideas it wouldn't offer itself for $1 million. It was clear they had no direction at that time. See in 2002 they valued themselves at 5 billion. That

Nah news aint stale. I am still trying to find out how a big fail company buying a small fail company = win. Seeing as Google was failing in 1998.
    I don't think Google was ever 'Failing' in 1998 they were looking for funding which they could not get, they had a brilliant idea and thought bigger giants would snatch them up, but no one did, years passed and they got funding and started to become to Google we know today.

If Yahoo bought them and gave Larry & Sergey a healthy budget and told them to implement the ideas into Yahoo then I think Yahoo could have benefited..
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

I don't think Google was ever 'Failing' in 1998 they were looking for funding which they could not get, they had a brilliant idea and thought bigger giants would snatch them up, but no one did, years passed and they got funding and started to become to Google we know today.

If Yahoo bought them and gave Larry & Sergey a healthy budget and told them to implement the ideas into Yahoo then I think Yahoo could have benefited..
    There brilliant idea was search engine. Which yahoo rules at the time.

I am sure Google wouldn't be the master of so many different technology if Yahoo had bought them. Because a bigger company doesn't buy a smaller one so that the smaller company runs the bigger. A bigger company buys the competition to stomp them out as a threat or for existing tech/ resources. $1 million Google had nothing to offer Yahoo back then. No messenger, no maps, no android, no email
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

It is very, very difficult for companies to re-invent themselves as the business environment changes around them. Yahoo was a leader in the early days of the internet. They were just unable to adjust as the rules changed. They really tried.

I understand how hard this is to do.

that was eons ago, in 2008 microsoft offered yahoo 45 billion and they refused, how the mighty can fall......., no company whatsoever can become complacent, not even the Almighty Google.
    Back to square one....., back off the ground now........

Quote Originally Posted by danthony View Post
    that was eons ago, in 2008 microsoft offered yahoo 45 billion and they refused, how the mighty can fall......., no company whatsoever can become complacent, not even the Almighty Google.
    True, same thing happened to Kodak, blackberry, Sony, HTC and soon happen to Samsung.

Google seems to know what they are doing.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup