Thread: Port forwarding with Flow Arris C542 aka TG862G

Angry Port forwarding with Flow Arris C542 aka TG862G

Mornin'

I was trying to forward a port to my DVR the other day and just could not get it to work.

All is good on the local network, i can connect to the local DVR IP 192.168.1.3. everything cool.

impossible to get the port forwarded from the modem 192.168.1.1. i've done this many times before but not on Flow and not with this Arris modem. It should be simple but there is something i aint gettin. must be the heat.

all set in the virtual server setting to send external-port x to 192.168.1.3 port y as seen on page 74

rebooted, checked and nothing. impossible to get though

anything else i should set up?

tanx
    Richard

Do you have something listening on port y?
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by rDrown888 View Post
    Mornin'

I was trying to forward a port to my DVR the other day and just could not get it to work.

All is good on the local network, i can connect to the local DVR IP 192.168.1.3. everything cool.

impossible to get the port forwarded from the modem 192.168.1.1. i've done this many times before but not on Flow and not with this Arris modem. It should be simple but there is something i aint gettin. must be the heat.

all set in the virtual server setting to send external-port x to 192.168.1.3 port y as seen on page 74

rebooted, checked and nothing. impossible to get though

anything else i should set up?

tanx
    Richard
    The flow modem ,is it one of the wifi one?
    U need to check 1 main things before u can even think about getting it to work..
    check the modem and see what it is receiving from flow.. not on speedtest site but on the modem it self..

Talk to Flow Tech Support if you want to do that. There might be some config they need to do on their side for you to get that to work thats not related to your modem.

Quote Originally Posted by CyVan View Post
    Talk to Flow Tech Support if you want to do that. There might be some config they need to do on their side for you to get that to work thats not related to your modem.
    IF its the wifi modem, the problem is that flow put alot of the modems into a private ip range , in order to know just do a what my ip check and then compare it to what u see in the wan area in the modem... (If u see a 100.x ip just call flow asap)

I notice they change alot of customers private ip from public from sometime last year even business who have static..

Thanks guys
    Sorry for the late response. For some reason i was expecting to be notified by TJ of any replies. Made a second attempt this week. They've been working on it for 3 days. I am on WAN 100... That would definitely explain things. The problem is the wild goose chases Flow send you on. They are setting me up with a static IP which seems to imply public IP, so I should be on my way. I guess they don't do public dynamic IPs...
    Thank you for all your replies
    Richard