Thread: No Man's Sky Any Takers?

Default No Man's Sky Any Takers?

Just want to find out if anyone getting No Man's Sky. Against my nature I actually pre-ordered today when I read that the game was 100% complete with a launch data set for August 9.

I think the concept is good - not a sci-fi person really but it looks interesting. What do yall think?
    Last edited by topanaris; Jul 8, 2016 at 09:00 PM.
    Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often -Anonymous.......

As a sci-fi person, especially space, spaceships and such: I will definitely get this game. I want to upgrade to a RX480 for this game and Dishonored 2.
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

I plan to buy or rent a ps4 just to play it. Saw a few problems with the preview that they released and this game has high chance of day one flop but I'm looking forward to blind playing it. Hopefully it gets delayed until 2017 so they can work on it more.

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    I plan to buy or rent a ps4 just to play it. Saw a few problems with the preview that they released and this game has high chance of day one flop but I'm looking forward to blind playing it. Hopefully it gets delayed until 2017 so they can work on it more.
    What problems did you see with it? The guys said they are 100% so we should not be expecting and 5Gb day 1 patch. Why do you think it will be a flop though?
    Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often -Anonymous.......

I have been follwing the game for a while and the devs have been careful not to show alot of new footage from the game or have any kind of playable demo so that people can critize it before it is released. If this game gets released it might flop on day one unless its reallly-really-really impressive.
    Take this video for example; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e18jOzi3fGw
    To the untrained eye that would seem fine but regular people will realise after a couple minutes that there is no wind in the environment. Wind is not really necessary for the game play but its enough to get bad reviews. Its the little things that will cause a game like this to flop. Just like having bad grass in a zelda game.

They should delay it long enough to make sure that elements such as this are put in place and optimized. Games like Last guardian are delayed for years for this very reason.
    Last edited by owen; Jul 10, 2016 at 02:12 PM.

Isn't it rather interesting that the final version of NMS is 6 Gb on disc?
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

Not really. The planets are all procedurally generated, so expect lots of repeating assets and "palette swaps."
    No one expects the Inquisition.