Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tablet infected with malware

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    Jamaicans seem to think if something doesn't cost $1,000,000 it isn't good.
    I'm PROUDLY one of them. QUALITY, does not come cheap. I'd like to see someone post a good-quality (Android) tablet of flagship specs for less than say ~$75,000 JMD.

Unfortunately, Arch_Angel's friend got "only" what they paid for: A cheap Chinese tablet that does not get any security patches & firmware updates. There is no support for this device even from the manufacturer (whose website can't even be properly identified).
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F
    CompTIA A+ Certified                       Laptop: Apple MacBook™ Pro
    ITIL v3  Certified                         Tablet: DELL Venue 11 Pro
                 Apple is still the best  thing since sliced bread

$75,000 sounds abit extreme, you can get good Samsung Tablets starting at around $16,000

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    $75,000 sounds abit extreme, you can get good Samsung Tablets starting at around $16,000
    He probably talking about the iPad Air 27
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

He said Android Tablet lol

Quote Originally Posted by gW33Zy View Post
    I had a KingSong phone with Android 4.0 its specs said it was a SpreadTrum dual core processor clocked at 800MHz wih 256 MB of RAM. In actuality, it was running Android 3.2 with a single core processor @ 677MHz with 192 MB of RAM. I got that info from the SpeadTrum Flash Tool and further investigations on GSM Forum and Howard Forum lead me to a thread indicating that SpeadTrum specializes in knockoff ARM processors that they don't pay license fees for. Also that phone has a custom Android kernel that reports incorrect specs.

Are you saying its news to you that a lot of Chinese SoC manufacturers don't pay license fees to ARM for there technologies? While other are known to de-cap SoC and rebuild/reverse-engineer for their own designs.

Are you saying its news to you that most Chinese phones/tablets come without the Play Store and Google Services because the version of Android they use is not licensed or sanctioned by Google? It is for this same reason why they come with proprietary binaries that are encrypted.
    I didn't know b about bootleg soc. I know they say like the doc is a quadcore when it is a single or dual core
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    I should have defined "a good Android tablet", a bit better. For that reason, I'd accept your $16,000 price tag.
    Which model Samsung tablet are you referring to for the $16,000? I'll compare the specs to that posted for Arch_Angel's friend's own.

As techies, we wouldn't be using anything less than the Note Pro (which can't cost less than $55K if brought from a reputable seller). I just called the Samsung Store, Watts New, Royale PC and Innovative Superstores to compare prices.

At the end of the day, you still can't put a price on Warranty
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F
    CompTIA A+ Certified                       Laptop: Apple MacBook™ Pro
    ITIL v3  Certified                         Tablet: DELL Venue 11 Pro
                 Apple is still the best  thing since sliced bread

Quote Originally Posted by NOKIA 3650 View Post
    I should have defined "a good Android tablet", a bit better. For that reason, I'd accept your $16,000 price tag.
    Which model Samsung tablet are you referring to for the $16,000? I'll compare the specs to that posted for Arch_Angel's friend's own.
    I sell Samsung Galaxy Tab3 7" for $16,000
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7" $24,000
    Last edited by GPRS Internet; Jul 15, 2016 at 12:33 PM.
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

I didn't know b about bootleg soc. I know they say like the doc is a quadcore when it is a single or dual core
    Rockchip and Mediatek have been using and improvising on ARMs architecture long before they signed any license deal with ARM.

You make it sound as if knockoff/bootleg Chinese technology is new and unheard of. If they can knockoff a Boeing 747 and F-117 airplane from salvaged planes, what challenge would an SoC hold for them?
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by gW33Zy View Post
    Rockchip and Mediatek have been using and improvising on ARMs architecture long before they signed any license deal with ARM.

You make it sound as if knockoff/bootleg Chinese technology is new and unheard of. If they can knockoff a Boeing 747 and F-117 airplane from salvaged planes, what challenge would an SoC hold for them?
    Come on Mediatek isn't bootleg. Try something else. HTC uses Mediatek.

You haven't mentioned any bootleg SOC. unlicensed not = bootleg.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

Come on Mediatek isn't bootleg. Try something else. HTC uses Mediatek.

You haven't mentioned any bootleg SOC. unlicensed not = bootleg.
    This was before Mediatek became a well known and/or reputable company. How are these Chinese SoC manufacturers able to make chips using the ARM architecture way before they sign any licensing deal with ARM?
    Last edited by gW33Zy; Jul 15, 2016 at 02:30 PM.
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.