Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tablet infected with malware

Quote Originally Posted by jamrock View Post
    Were you able to resolve this?
    Nope. Still trying to fix this.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

I'm coming to Kingston today. Link me at Hope Zoo today to check on it for you.

As for the backup. Since your PC didn't find anything (assuming you scanned the storage from your PC) then backup any photos, music or documents that they'd have. Don't backup any of the apps. Scan those files again after doing the backup. Scrub the device (flash firmware). Copy them back.

If you provided the model of the device then I'd get the firmware for you before leaving out, but I'm gonna be gone by the time you reply.
    Last edited by khat17; Jul 11, 2016 at 06:20 AM.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    I'm coming to Kingston today. Link me at Hope Zoo today to check on it for you.

As for the backup. Since your PC didn't find anything (assuming you scanned the storage from your PC) then backup any photos, music or documents that they'd have. Don't backup any of the apps. Scan those files again after doing the backup. Scrub the device (flash firmware). Copy them back.

If you provided the model of the device then I'd get the firmware for you before leaving out, but I'm gonna be gone by the time you reply.
    Saw this waay too late.

I didn't scan anything from my PC. I installed the AV (bitdefender for android) on the tablet and scanned from there.
    There is no photos or music or documents to back up.

It's an Imperial Tablet. Model # being: 020323IMP7TAB2015090393 (that's whats on the sticker at the back)
    From my searching, it seems Imperial is a company that is no where to be found...at least by google. Much less to find firmware for it.

http://confidenceelectronics.com/pro...7-tablet-phone

Assuming that's it. They make TVs and such. Can't find a site currently. Will check later on and see.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    Saw this waay too late.

I didn't scan anything from my PC. I installed the AV (bitdefender for android) on the tablet and scanned from there.
    There is no photos or music or documents to back up.

It's an Imperial Tablet. Model # being: 020323IMP7TAB2015090393 (that's whats on the sticker at the back)
    From my searching, it seems Imperial is a company that is no where to be found...at least by google. Much less to find firmware for it.
    Because this is a generic Chinese tablet, you have to take into consideration that whatever malware this tablet is infected with may be a part of the firmware/ROM
    Last edited by gW33Zy; Jul 14, 2016 at 02:30 PM.
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by gW33Zy View Post
    Because this is a generic Chinese tablet, you have to take into consideration that whatever malware this tablet is infected with may be a part of the firmware/ROM
    Just when you thought you have heard/read it all....

KMT
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    Just when you thought you have heard/read it all....

KMT
    I thought it was common knowledge that a majority of no-name generic Chinese tablets and cellphone ship with back-doored kernels, system level malware, hacked-together versions of Android, or even knockoff SoCs.
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by gW33Zy View Post
    I thought it was common knowledge that a majority of no-name generic Chinese tablets and cellphone ship with back-doored kernels, system level malware, hacked-together versions of Android, or even knockoff SoCs.
    No that is false. Hear say. The name brand ones are the ones with the back door.

Show me a tablet with a "knockoff SOC".

What is a hacked together version of Android?

Jamaicans seem to think if something doesn't cost $1,000,000 it isn't good. That is common knowledge.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

I had a KingSong phone with Android 4.0 its specs said it was a SpreadTrum dual core processor clocked at 800MHz wih 256 MB of RAM. In actuality, it was running Android 3.2 with a single core processor @ 677MHz with 192 MB of RAM. I got that info from the SpeadTrum Flash Tool and further investigations on GSM Forum and Howard Forum lead me to a thread indicating that SpeadTrum specializes in knockoff ARM processors that they don't pay license fees for. Also that phone has a custom Android kernel that reports incorrect specs.

Are you saying its news to you that a lot of Chinese SoC manufacturers don't pay license fees to ARM for there technologies? While other are known to de-cap SoC and rebuild/reverse-engineer for their own designs.

Are you saying its news to you that most Chinese phones/tablets come without the Play Store and Google Services because the version of Android they use is not licensed or sanctioned by Google? It is for this same reason why they come with proprietary binaries that are encrypted.
    Last edited by gW33Zy; Jul 14, 2016 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    http://confidenceelectronics.com/pro...7-tablet-phone

Assuming that's it. They make TVs and such. Can't find a site currently. Will check later on and see.
    Yeah, just that it's without the 3G. They have 2 models: 1 with 3G, 1 without.