Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RANT - Customs classified my computer case as a BAG - WHAT

lol this is hilarious. a friend a mine ordered a DSLR bag and a few Softboxes (Photography gear) they classified them as party supplies LOL

Quote Originally Posted by topanaris View Post
    Had to share this, our wonderful Jamaica Customs Agency has classified my new computer case as a "general accessories in the category of a bag" rather than a computer part. I brought the item through ship me only to be slapped with a bill of $17000 plus. I am saying ok fine clearly this is an error. Shipme said they would investigate but apparently the did nothing until I got there in person.

They called a customs officer who "stood by" the declaration. Anyways I know this crap (as I used to work in customs myself). So I spoke to a friend of mine who on showing her the ASYCUDA entry without me telling her what happened said "Oh no" and pointed me in the appropriate direct to process my refund, It appears I will be refunded so I will let you guys know the result.

A bag? Really?

Secondly, do you guys who use Shipme notice goods are taking longer to get here, my latest 2 shipments were received by them on Monday and they never got here until Friday and was not available for pickup until Monday. I am thinking of switching to another company.

This is the "bag" in question

They don't care! You think they care? A just money dem a pree, You should be thankful you have link on the inside other folks would have to suck it up! I'm more than happy with my shipping company, Right now me owe him $15,000 on the last set of shipment.
    Car Audio and PC Enthusiast. System Specs:CPU:Intel-Core i7 4790k 4Ghz quad-core processor, COOLER: Corsair H80i V2, MOBO:MSI Z97A Gaming 7, RAM:Kingston Savage 16gb (2x8) 1866mhz, SSD:Samsung 850 evo-series 250gb, HDD:WD black 7200rpm 1tb, GPU:MSI geforce GTX 980ti gaming 6G, CASE:Corsair carbide 230t black, PSU:EVGA 850W G2 80+GOLD.