Page 76 of 83 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast

Thread: Flow LTE

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    Here's another screenshot showing Band 2 and Band 4 Carrier Aggregation on FLOW LTE. This site is the one at Sovereign Centre/Texaco Gas station.

https://i.imgur.com/cOoeTSM.jpg

There's also some work done on the uplink, perhaps 64QAM or uplink CA. I'm loving these new developments on FLOW LTE... capacity for days!
    I wonder if I will get a feel of this in my area. Also wouldn't band 12 700mhz be better for CA seeing that it has better coverage and in buildings penetration?.
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Nov 17, 2018 at 11:24 AM. Reason: removed large pic from quote

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.dre View Post
    Now if only would give their broadband customers even half that upload speed.
    I share your frustration on that part but I understand the technological limitations therein. When they finally begin FTTx islandwide by 2020 we'll see this as a normal part of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    I wonder if I will get a feel of this in my area. Also wouldn't band 12 700mhz be better for CA seeing that it has better coverage and in buildings penetration?.
    Well I could tell you what to look out for but you'd have to acutely aware of the look of the site from as far back as 6 months ago vs. now. The telltale signs are the addition of pre-5G architecture that being a few radio units from the Ericsson ERS portfolio and a gradual phasing out of the WCDMA RRUs which are all now pretty much gone except for those running GSM and UMTS 850 and the single 1900 MHz UMTS carrier. Everything else on the tower is solely LTE. On the Sov. Centre tower, there are additional tower mounts for LTE700 antennas or they may have already been integrated into the 4 & 6 input antennas. In addition, I think they've done improvements on the modulation schemes moving the network closer to the reality of Gigabit LTE. If they are truly using 256QAM on the downlink and 64QAM on the downlink (which I am certain given the upload peaked at 60 Mbit/s), a Galaxy S8/S9 should touch near 600 Mbit/s

To be very frank, the speed at which FLOW has been evolving their LTE network is breakneck but the continuing good performance of the Jamaican business unit has encouraged the continuation of these investments.

But again, don't see Band 12 as a speed bump in the order that Band 2 is... What Band 12 is really for is VoLTE, good edge of cell performance and rural coverage as the company actively migrates customers to LTE from 3G and, soon to be sunset, 2G.
    Last edited by Brandysull; Nov 11, 2018 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    Well I could tell you what to look out for but you'd have to acutely aware of the look of the site from as far back as 6 months ago vs. now. The telltale signs are the addition of pre-5G architecture that being a few radio units from the Ericsson ERS portfolio and a gradual phasing out of the WCDMA RRUs which are all now pretty much gone except for those running GSM and UMTS 850 and the single 1900 MHz UMTS carrier. Everything else on the tower is solely LTE. On the Sov. Centre tower, there are additional tower mounts for LTE700 antennas or they may have already been integrated into the 4 & 6 input antennas. In addition, I think they've done improvements on the modulation schemes moving the network closer to the reality of Gigabit LTE. If they are truly using 256QAM on the downlink and 64QAM on the downlink (which I am certain given the upload peaked at 60 Mbit/s), a Galaxy S8/S9 should touch near 600 Mbit/s

To be very frank, the speed at which FLOW has been evolving their LTE network is breakneck but the continuing good performance of the Jamaican business unit has encouraged the continuation of these investments.

But again, don't see Band 12 as a speed bump in the order that Band 2 is... What Band 12 is really for is VoLTE, good edge of cell performance and rural coverage as the company actively migrates customers to LTE from 3G and, soon to be sunset, 2G.
    I have no idea where my cell site is, but seeing that Flow has plans to offer LTE wireless broadband. I assume that LTE A will be comprehensive across most of Kingston and St Andrew. Band 12 for VoLTE and rural deployment makes more sense, with these massive speeds. Must come revised data plans to complement, those blazing fast speeds don't joke when it come to depleting data plans.

So Old Harbour, Saint Catherine now getting LTE Signals from Band 12.
    They need to increase the signal strength, that may be the reason why i'm getting such horrible uploads and downloads.

Giving them some more time.

Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

Quote Originally Posted by Dre' View Post
    So Old Harbour, Saint Catherine now getting LTE Signals from Band 12.
    They need to increase the signal strength, that may be the reason why i'm getting such horrible uploads and downloads.

Giving them some more time.

https://i.imgur.com/qTFk6r1.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/l6377ui.jpg
    If this is any indication, these are great edge of cell speeds! Perhaps they'll complement Band 12 with Band 2 or 4 in that area.
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Nov 17, 2018 at 11:26 AM. Reason: removed large pics from quote

Anyone else having issues with Flow data?. Specifically LTE?. A message keeps coming on my phone saying I have no data service. It comes up frequently I'm the early hours of morning and late night.

Its happening more frequently now, and in the early evening time in my area. Don't know if anyone else is experiencing this.
    Last edited by Nathan77791; Nov 12, 2018 at 06:26 PM.

Anyone else having issues with Flow data?. Specifically LTE?. A message keeps coming on my phone saying I have no data service. It comes up frequently I'm the early hours of morning and late night.

Its happening more frequently now, and in the early evening time in my area. Don't know if anyone else is experiencing this.
    A Co-worker of mine had this issue. Is this an unlocked S8 Edge?
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

Quote Originally Posted by BNOVA View Post
    A Co-worker of mine had this issue. Is this an unlocked S8 Edge?
    No, this is an unlocked S7 Edge

http://i.imgur.com/SKx5i9b.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/3tJIiK9.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/6cQR1zT.jpg
    Upgrades, Upgrades, Upgrades. This is what happens when upgrades are in full swing. They usually do network upgrades at that time. This is happeneing in earnest. I hate that FLOW doesn't tell people that they're doing upgrades.
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Nov 17, 2018 at 11:27 AM. Reason: removed large pics from quote