Page 66 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: Flow LTE

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    Good God, what a shame. That what I have been getting in this area for a long while now. I emailed Mr Parkinson, and he said that within three months Digicel should get government approval to erect two new cell towers within the Three miles Spanish town road Kingston 11 area. These new towers are to provide increase LTE coverage and capacity. So hopefully by late December early 2019. We should see some improvements, Flow has extensive and super fast LTE here.
    Do they really need more towers or do they need more capacity? Honestly, FLOW is doing fine with the site density they have currently... What they need is spectrum; kinda telling of the strategy they're going for.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    Do they really need more towers or do they need more capacity? Honestly, FLOW is doing fine with the site density they have currently... What they need is spectrum; kinda telling of the strategy they're going for.
    I get 1-2 bars with flow in the 3 miles area.
    And 3-5 bars with Digicel.

However flow the speed is fast but the signal connections keeps dropping so it would load a page half way sometimes and I have to refresh.
    Digicel the internet crawls... Take forever to load a webpage.
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

More Capacity is what they need, the new towers wont solve the issue of slow speeds and latency. Digicel is in a terrible shape, even in well traversed areas in the city and around other major Urban areas across Jamaica. Speeds are so slow, data is unusable. I really dont know what they are going to do. And I really feel sorry for them, this is not the Digicel I and every Jamaican knows. This is not like them, debt has really hit them hard, and as you stated they made very short sighted choice of spectrum. And did not upgrade their Network quick enough to compete and move Jamaica's telecoms industry forward.

More Capacity is what they need, the new towers wont solve the issue of slow speeds and latency. Digicel is in a terrible shape, even in well traversed areas in the city and around other major Urban areas across Jamaica. Speeds are so slow, data is unusable. I really dont know what they are going to do. And I really feel sorry for them, this is not the Digicel I and every Jamaican knows. This is not like them, debt has really hit them hard, and as you stated they made very short sighted choice of spectrum. And did not upgrade their Network quick enough to compete and move Jamaica's telecoms industry forward.
    I must say I initially thought it was my phone as I've never seen speeds so slow. I turned off phone and everything as it just kept getting hot yet it was moving slow.

My WhatsApp voice notes would never load. Right in Scotia bank 3 miles parking lot. Shame. Idk what kinda load those sites under but its unusual. Not sure if it's this world cup thing or idk but I'm surprised I even see an upload speed as I saw it initially saying 0 mbps.

It did notice even voice calls were being affected with persons saying they were calling and couldn't get me yet phone didnt ring.

Couldn't digi do some micro sites or such? I mean its awful and I been noticing several issues of recent. By the way... does anyone know what's the deal with caricel...are they still even open for business.

Also as for flow lte... cant anyone tell them to give a social plan that allows WhatsApp non VoIP

Sigh... I'm uncertain as to what the future of Digicel's LTE network is.... Have they finished the Band 4 second carrier? It would do a great deal for capacity in the city. From what I've been seeing, this is not just an isolated incident; it makes up the majority of Digicel Jamaica experience, currently. Mind you, there are places with good LTE coverage that can suffice adequate data consumption but they seem to be few and far between. What boggles my mind is as Digicel continues in the situation they're in, FLOW is continuing to up the game in speed and capacity.

Here in Montego Bay, one can obtain speeds of over 180 Mbit/s. This speed test here is showing Band 2 (as the primary carrier) and Band 4 being aggregated along with it.

FLOW's HSPA+ network as we all know isn't the fastest (and it certainly isn't the zippiest in Montego Bay... trust me). It is for this reason that FLOW has been investing in LTE so heavily; capacity is king and while FLOW may not have the same number of sites as Digicel, what they DO have is capacity. Digicel has the chance to catch up but if they stay in the position they're in, they will certainly lose out BIG time.
    Last edited by Brandysull; Jul 4, 2018 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 876 View Post
    I must say I initially thought it was my phone as I've never seen speeds so slow. I turned off phone and everything as it just kept getting hot yet it was moving slow.

My WhatsApp voice notes would never load. Right in Scotia bank 3 miles parking lot. Shame. Idk what kinda load those sites under but its unusual. Not sure if it's this world cup thing or idk but I'm surprised I even see an upload speed as I saw it initially saying 0 mbps.

It did notice even voice calls were being affected with persons saying they were calling and couldn't get me yet phone didnt ring.

Couldn't digi do some micro sites or such? I mean its awful and I been noticing several issues of recent. By the way... does anyone know what's the deal with caricel...are they still even open for business.

Also as for flow lte... cant anyone tell them to give a social plan that allows WhatsApp non VoIP
    The same thing happened to me when I was using Digicel. I too thought my phone was the issue, as my device would get so hot. I had to stop using it and let it cool down. Also when using Digicel, even when phone is idle. My battery dies quickly, Digicel is in a precarious situation. As not even full streaming of the World Cup should cause such unusable data speeds. I suspect the transition from Ericson to ZTE is causing this temporary misery. I hope they sort this out by year end. As for Flow, it seems as if they will be improving Thier voice services to HD voice soon. I believe you can make WhatsApp calls on Flows LYF data plans.

The same thing happened to me when I was using Digicel. I too thought my phone was the issue, as my device would get so hot. I had to stop using it and let it cool down. Also when using Digicel, even when phone is idle. My battery dies quickly, Digicel is in a precarious situation. As not even full streaming of the World Cup should cause such unusable data speeds. I suspect the transition from Ericson to ZTE is causing this temporary misery. I hope they sort this out by year end. As for Flow, it seems as if they will be improving Thier voice services to HD voice soon. I believe you can make WhatsApp calls on Flows LYF data plans.
    I don't believe Digicel is switching to ZTE in Kingston and St. Andrew... Ericsson should stay as their network vendor there IIRC. FLOW should be going HD Voice soon... Voice sounds far better than was at one point in time and, given that I've been having issues making calls on the network from time to time, it does seem like some upgrades are being done.

I don't believe Digicel is switching to ZTE in Kingston and St. Andrew... Ericsson should stay as their network vendor there IIRC. FLOW should be going HD Voice soon... Voice sounds far better than was at one point in time and, given that I've been having issues making calls on the network from time to time, it does seem like some upgrades are being done.
    You sure? I thought they were doing a complete rehaul of the Network from Ericson to ZTE. I remember seeing an OUR Parish connection video, where Mr Parkinson said that they will be doubling the amount of LTE towers in Kingston and ST Andrew. It would be good if they really kept Ericson for Kingston and ST Andrew. I don't trust ZTE and I feel like Thier network equipment is inferior.

You sure? I thought they were doing a complete rehaul of the Network from Ericson to ZTE. I remember seeing an OUR Parish connection video, where Mr Parkinson said that they will be doubling the amount of LTE towers in Kingston and ST Andrew. It would be good if they really kept Ericson for Kingston and ST Andrew. I don't trust ZTE and I feel like Thier network equipment is inferior.
    Isnt zte in some issue?

Also I'm concerned for Digicel I must say. I hope they can get their act together

From the looks of it, Digi just need to pack it up with respect to their own Engineering. Lease the towers to Flow and then lease back capacity from Flow so everyone gets decent service and coverage. Let the people who know how to do it best do it and don't let customers suffer. That ping, the speeds were just unfit to for any smartphone usage.