Page 65 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Thread: Flow LTE

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    OK thanks for the in dept analysis, but simply put. Once my phone supports the IMS core, then I should be able to get HD voice. Don't know if this means anything, but all my voice calls are AMR NB 12.200 on both Flow and Digicel when I used Thier service. Is that the phones selection or Flow working on enhanced voice?. I will just start buying Snapdragon Soc devices from now on. Most Flagships for the US market is VoLTE supported.
    12.2 Kbps AMR-NB is standard fare for calling over 3G. Digicel switches it up to AMR-WB 12.65 Kbps on calls to handsets which are AMR-WB compatible. This is done transparently to the user... Current VoLTE implementations are aiming to be this flexible.

So it seems FLOW has done a freshening up of its Postpaid offerings. FLOW Lyf Postpaid now starts out at 4 GB of data with 300 on-net texts and 300 anywhere minutes for $2499 + GCT, 8 GB with 600 on-net texts and anywhere minutes for $3599 + GCT and tops out at 12 GB and 1000 anywhere minutes and on-net texts for 4999 + GCT. FLOW's cost per gigabyte varies from 624 dollars on the low end to 412 dollars on the high end. This compares to Digicel is fixed at $500 JMD per Gigabyte of data.

As to the FLOW Platinum plan, FLOW has revised the Fair Usage Cap to 20 GB. Everything else remains the same. These plans seem much more in tune with that of an LTE network. Let's wait and see if anything happens to FLOW Lyf Prepaid.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    So it seems FLOW has done a freshening up of its Postpaid offerings. FLOW Lyf Postpaid now starts out at 4 GB of data with 300 on-net texts and 300 anywhere minutes for $2499 + GCT, 8 GB with 600 on-net texts and anywhere minutes for $3599 + GCT and tops out at 12 GB and 1000 anywhere minutes and on-net texts for 4999 + GCT. FLOW's cost per gigabyte varies from 624 dollars on the low end to 412 dollars on the high end. This compares to Digicel is fixed at $500 JMD per Gigabyte of data.

As to the FLOW Platinum plan, FLOW has revised the Fair Usage Cap to 20 GB. Everything else remains the same. These plans seem much more in tune with that of an LTE network. Let's wait and see if anything happens to FLOW Lyf Prepaid.
    That 8gb plan is where ill find myself. Things are starting to look up. Hopefully they continue the progressive moves they've started.
    Previous Devices -> SE P1i , Nokia E75, Blackberry 9900 OS 7.1, HTC One

Current Device -> LG G6

Quote Originally Posted by PrenticeX View Post
    That 8gb plan is where ill find myself. Things are starting to look up. Hopefully they continue the progressive moves they've started.
    I hope so too... Looks like FLOW is going to be doing LTE Advanced in Kingston & St. Andrew as well. All my lobbying paying off as they're finally moving fast with ensuring great user experiences on the network. Do expect to see a dramatic uplift in speeds in the very near future (this year).

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    I hope so too... Looks like FLOW is going to be doing LTE Advanced in Kingston & St. Andrew as well. All my lobbying paying off as they're finally moving fast with ensuring great user experiences on the network. Do expect to see a dramatic uplift in speeds in the very near future (this year).
    Hopefully. Now they just need to fix the upload speeds for residential broadband and I'll consider forgetting C&W days lol.
    Previous Devices -> SE P1i , Nokia E75, Blackberry 9900 OS 7.1, HTC One

Current Device -> LG G6

Quote Originally Posted by PrenticeX View Post
    Hopefully. Now they just need to fix the upload speeds for residential broadband and I'll consider forgetting C&W days lol.
    Agreed. But for persons going PostPaid - please bear in mind that FLOW is still criminal with their bills. You may never see the bill come below the advertised price because of their pricing scheme. It's better to stay prepaid really. Digicel's PostPaid plans are better where pricing is concerned.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    Agreed. But for persons going PostPaid - please bear in mind that FLOW is still criminal with their bills. You may never see the bill come below the advertised price because of their pricing scheme. It's better to stay prepaid really. Digicel's PostPaid plans are better where pricing is concerned.
    This is true... You have to pay the Government Tax on Calls even though you have free anywhere minutes. Also, the premium on data overages still exist but, it's likely that you'll not meet it ever; the packages are more forgiving now.

Check out my Speedtest result! How fast is your internet? http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/4047048905

Digicel lte speedtest 3 miles Jamaica near Scotia....note8

Quote Originally Posted by 876 View Post
    Check out my Speedtest result! How fast is your internet? http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/4047048905

I'm quite literally cackling.... that is embarrasing! I just did I speedtest in the middle of downtown Montego Bay and I got 80 down and 45 up.... Digicel is... something else.

Quote Originally Posted by 876 View Post

Good God, what a shame. That what I have been getting in this area for a long while now. I emailed Mr Parkinson, and he said that within three months Digicel should get government approval to erect two new cell towers within the Three miles Spanish town road Kingston 11 area. These new towers are to provide increase LTE coverage and capacity. So hopefully by late December early 2019. We should see some improvements, Flow has extensive and super fast LTE here.