Page 60 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread: Flow LTE

The call quality issue seems to only happen to some users tho I am wondering if it's the circuits or such or the area. Cause I normally had perfectly clear calls. Quality wise. I'm using a s9 plus.

However I recently switched from flow.

I find digicel postpaid data to be slow. Speedtest on lte in kgn is like 3 megs most times.

Yes 3 megs with higher upload speeds.

I wonder tho if some users on flow are on a different system. The reason why I wonder is cause there were some persons who heard the 1 minute remainder call credit beep tone for years now.

I was one. Also the who called feature via text ...I use to get msg with missed calls on flow but some weren't provisioned or had that..

It makes me wonder if they have two different systems using with like legacy users and new users havin different features.

I believe the network lacks customization tho.

Quote Originally Posted by 876 View Post
    The call quality issue seems to only happen to some users tho I am wondering if it's the circuits or such or the area. Cause I normally had perfectly clear calls. Quality wise. I'm using a s9 plus.

I find digicel postpaid data to be slow. Speedtest on lte in kgn is like 3 megs most times.

I wonder tho if some users on flow are on a different system. The reason why I wonder is cause there were some persons who heard the 1 minute remainder call credit beep tone for years now.

I was one. Also the who called feature via text ...I use to get msg with missed calls on flow but some weren't provisioned or had that..

It makes me wonder if they have two different systems using with like legacy users and new users havin different features.

Their system is lacking in customization, definitely. When it is good, it's GOOD... when it's bad it's BAD.

Digicel is indeed slow, What in Gods name is happening?. I mean where I am, the signal is so weak and unstable. To the point that I cannot use data on Digicel, because my phone heats up like an oven. This only happens if I put a Digicel Sim Card in my phone. It makes my battery die really fast. I don't know whats up with them and their Network. I hope they sort it out soon.

The audio quality on Flows Mobile Network is awful, it has gotten worse since the upgrades. They need to sort this out ASAP. HD voice is what is needed in the Interim.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    Digicel is indeed slow, What in Gods name is happening?. I mean where I am, the signal is so weak and unstable. To the point that I cannot use data on Digicel, because my phone heats up like an oven. This only happens if I put a Digicel Sim Card in my phone. It makes my battery die really fast. I don't know whats up with them and their Network. I hope they sort it out soon.

The audio quality on Flows Mobile Network is awful, it has gotten worse since the upgrades. They need to sort this out ASAP. HD voice is what is needed in the Interim.
    Ye was puzzled hearing digicel saying they have lte in more places now as I don't see it when i go many areas out of town. Even regular signal is low on the north south highway. Was driving and call kept cutting off.

Got edge a few times in Moneague.

Ye was puzzled hearing digicel saying they have lte in more places now as I don't see it when i go many areas out of town. Even regular signal is low on the north south highway. Was driving and call kept cutting off.

I gather the sites have not been light up as yet. They are doing the deployment in phases, and hope to have most places covered with LTE by year end. I notice too that the very weak LTE signal I use to get when I go outside. Is no longer there, I figure they are doing a replacement of all Ericsson sites in Kingston. As many users have reported very slow LTE speeds. I hope to see an improvement in the service and LTE signal reception by year end, as Digicel has committed to doubling the number of LTE sites in Kingston and ST Andrew, and providing LTE coverage for all of Kingston and ST Andrew by year end.

Travelling over yesterday and was in Spanish Town area and the Digicel Phone was saying LTE.
    Also Mandela Highway use to have 3G however it also says LTE now.

Can't speak about the speeds just yet.
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

Quote Originally Posted by Dre' View Post
    Travelling over yesterday and was in Spanish Town area and the Digicel Phone was saying LTE.
    Also Mandela Highway use to have 3G however it also says LTE now.

Can't speak about the speeds just yet.
    What is funny is while Digicel has the "better" spectrum as it were, FLOW had already covered that entire area with LTE long ago, launched in December last year. Digicel really needs to up capacity on that LTE network by adding another carrier (and doing Carrier Aggregation) or beef up the backhaul. It's getting really bad according to some people.

So, in their last earnings call, Liberty Latin America announced that around a quarter of the entire Cable & Wireless Communications subscriber base are on LTE.

Another interesting point to note is their refocusing on the Jamaican market; focus on higher ARPU which saw revenue in Jamaica remain relatively flat even though the user base contracted (when added with The Bahamas) by 20,000.

The CEO; Former CTO at Liberty Global, Balan Nair was quoted as saying:
    "Our objective is to be the LTE leader, which will position us to capitalize on growth in data demand and convergence."

Liberty Latin America is really pouring in the investments with LTE; FLOW Jamaica is also evaluating a number of Value Added Services to add to their LTE product. In the meantime, the LTE rollout keeps on going; more sites to added soon and they're hot on the trail of the competition.

I was busy doing some research and I was stunned to find this.

Digicel is now Jamaica's ONLY certified LTE network for iPhone. That means that Apple has only certified that iPhone will work reliably on Digicel's LTE network only.

This befuddled me greatly as when I scrolled down I saw this...

Cable & Wireless (+Movil) has not only deployed VoWiFi but also VoLTE in Panama, becoming the first operator to do so AND be certified by Apple for reliable operation on iPhone. Granted, C&W is the market leader in Panama with nearly 50% market share amongst 4 operators. However, I'm lost as to how an equally as important market as Jamaica is left to suffer with practically no value-added services. No HD Voice over 3G (Something the competiton has had for almost 2 years) much less VoLTE or even VoWiFi to help with in-building signal loss, something C&W already has experience in deploying. What's going on at Carlton Crescent?!

Flow is in need of a management shake up. Upper management. So someone from liberty should see this and go make some changes. You cannot have a company with all the technology and asset at their disposal and still not able to compete.

Their management team is totally detached from reality. They clueless to what is going on in the ground and trends in technology. They believe you have to take their services because according to them their rates cheaper....that's no longer true as with digi u now get data with talk and even unlimited social media plans.

They throw in unlimited postpaid internet yet cap it at some weird gig that is only meant to steal ur money. Digi just launch 10 gig plans for 4k . Meanwhile flow there with their free social media 250 megabyte foolishness and really advertising that. That is the biggest load of rubbish I've seen.

Management dont use their own services I'm convinced. They don't believe jamaicans deserve the best. Else they wouldve launched lte long time but reason before was not enough lte devices were there.

My advice to flow....bring back lime brand and compete amongst yourselves. One brand for mobile and one for home services similar to digicel and digicel play or Verizon and virgin mobile, metro pics and tmobile.

At least back then businesses had two services one from lime and one from flow. Now they merge and it's worse.