Page 52 of 83 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Flow LTE

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Note I said I get LTE in Kingston....
    Oh Yes, sorry about that. My bad, I don't seem to understand whats happening. It seems that they are having issues, or they are not full done testing. Maybe by the end of the month, or early November. The service might be up and running across the entire coverage areas in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    Between handoffs from LTE to 4G the device releases the RRC connection and re-establishes with the network i.e. the Internal IP address remains the same but the external IP address changes. I think that's the issue
    Yep - that's the problem. The IP stays the same. Once it's refreshed it works - but it's annoying. Hopefully it's sorted out soon.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    Yep - that's the problem. The IP stays the same. Once it's refreshed it works - but it's annoying. Hopefully it's sorted out soon.
    I think FLOW should look into decommissioning Band 5 GSM and use that spectrum for Band 5 LTE to lessen the number of hard handovers (which causes the RRC release). That’s the only way I see the issue being ameliorated..... well... that and increasing site density or transmit power.

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Still not getting LTE on ma device in Mobay... Got LTE in Kingston thou...
    Got word that the launch is delayed by two weeks.... will update you guys

Got word that the launch is delayed by two weeks.... will update you guys
    OK Thanks for the heads up. I guess the rest of Kingston and ST Andrew will be delayed as well?.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    OK Thanks for the heads up. I guess the rest of Kingston and ST Andrew will be delayed as well?.
    I think so.... they're turning up sites but some needed some added work. Also, Unlimited is a real thing, the only thing is that it'll be a Postpaid offer (for now I suppose)... Prepaid will see bigger allowances though.

P.S. The delay is through no fault of FLOW's...
    Last edited by Brandysull; Oct 26, 2017 at 05:36 PM.

I think so.... they're turning up sites but some needed some added work. Also, Unlimited is a real thing, the only thing is that it'll be a Postpaid offer (for now I suppose)... Prepaid will see bigger allowances though.

OK, these things come with Technical challenges. I am sure they will sort it out. Kind of disappointed about no unlimited for prepaid. But I'm glad for the larger data allotments. I am praying that the new larger prepaid data plans, will accommodate YouTube and Netflix streaming.

Well unlimited postpaid internet without unlimited calling makes no sense cause we know there will be fair usage data caps. As to how Digicel is able to offer unlimited calls to flow I wonder.... Especially the fact that the reverse isn't possible but then again didn't flow have a 10k unlimited calling plan at one time? Mmm I thunk it was some all talk plan. I would pay 6k per month for unlimited mobile data and calling to flow and Digicel . They should look into that. After all all they have to do is restrict tethering and totally restrict torrents, cap browsing videos at 420p or whatever the amount is a

I've made an interesting observation... FLOW's been pulling away from Digicel in terms of cell-site technology. FLOW, in their Ericsson markets (KGN, Mandeville, Spanish Town), has moved to using the Ericsson RRUS 12 remote radio, a huge step forward from the RRUS 01 which they now use solely for GSM and WCDMA (Digicel also uses it for GSM, WCDMA but also LTE). Digicel has also uped their game by using the RRUS11 for VERY recent LTE sites (like UWI).

The difference between the two is that FLOW's now able to run Band 4 LTE at an even higher power and with better performance (thanks to 2x Power Amplifiers) availing them of the use of 4x2 MIMO and in future, 4x4 MIMO (which would double the network capacity from 150 Mbit/s to 300 Mbit/s). This sort of move signals to me a move towards network densification rather than low band spectrum to fill in LTE network gaps. FLOW's hedging their bets on Band 4 and its superior capacity and performance (especially since they're going commercial with their unlimited data plans soon) against Digicel's already dated LTE network; sluggish, lackluster and woefully underutilized.

I've made an interesting observation... FLOW's been pulling away from Digicel in terms of cell-site technology. FLOW, in their Ericsson markets (KGN, Mandeville, Spanish Town), has moved to using the Ericsson RRUS 12 remote radio, a huge step forward from the RRUS 01 which they now use solely for GSM and WCDMA (Digicel also uses it for GSM, WCDMA but also LTE). Digicel has also uped their game by using the RRUS11 for VERY recent LTE sites (like UWI).

The difference between the two is that FLOW's now able to run Band 4 LTE at an even higher power and with better performance (thanks to 2x Power Amplifiers) availing them of the use of 4x2 MIMO and in future, 4x4 MIMO (which would double the network capacity from 150 Mbit/s to 300 Mbit/s). This sort of move signals to me a move towards network densification rather than low band spectrum to fill in LTE network gaps. FLOW's hedging their bets on Band 4 and its superior capacity and performance (especially since they're going commercial with their unlimited data plans soon) against Digicel's already dated LTE network; sluggish, lackluster and woefully underutilized.
    Do you think some sort of updated mobile video and audio content service play is at the heart of this?