Page 5 of 83 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Flow LTE

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Owell.... lol so much for Flow LTE anytime soon...
    Only when Digicel has at least 80% of the island covered then SUDDENLY, Demand is there..... Ring a bell?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    Only when Digicel has at least 80% of the island covered then SUDDENLY, Demand is there..... Ring a bell?
    I just want Digicel to have some LTE competition so they can stop robbing me.. lol
    Me write off Caricel long time,.. them dead in the show before them even start.. but me rate them still, the mek Digicel Panic and run go drop LTE lol
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Some Caricel reps were at the UWI Mona orientation. They were offering unlimited data to UWI and UTECH students, I asked when they would begin service she said around the 3rd to 4th week in September.
    HP Notebook - 15-af131dx
    AMD Quad-Core A6-5200 APU 2 GHz with Radeon HD 8400 Graphics,8 GB RAM

Bleh, when flow gets island wide cell coverage, call me.

Quote Originally Posted by clemull View Post
    Some Caricel reps were at the UWI Mona orientation. They were offering unlimited data to UWI and UTECH students, I asked when they would begin service she said around the 3rd to 4th week in September.
    Have yet to see any signs of their signal in Portmore, haven't tried other locations. Data plans look promising, hoping for some competition.

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    I just want Digicel to have some LTE competition so they can stop robbing me.. lol
    Me write off Caricel long time,.. them dead in the show before them even start.. but me rate them still, the mek Digicel Panic and run go drop LTE lol
    Is this really true? Can anyone confirm Claricel even in public testing

Quote Originally Posted by 876 View Post
    Is this really true? Can anyone confirm Claricel even in public testing
    Caricel is live at UWI I know for sure... I've seen hotspots with their name and their network is visible to my handset.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    Caricel is live at UWI I know for sure... I've seen hotspots with their name and their network is visible to my handset.
    So wait, you mean to tell me no one on techjamaica has a Caricel Sim card to even describe the service whether they provide voice services, signal coverage, plan details or anything?

Quote Originally Posted by 876 View Post
    So wait, you mean to tell me no one on techjamaica has a Caricel Sim card to even describe the service whether they provide voice services, signal coverage, plan details or anything?
    I think it's UWI only for now. A stress test before turn up/rollout further?

New press release from CWC (FLOW, BTC & CWP) and Ericsson
    http://www.cwc.com/news-and-media/pr...nd-panama.html

Abridged format:

C&W’s customers to enjoy best-in-class high speed, high performance network to address increasing data traffic demands - Expansion is currently underway and expected to be completed in November 2016 - Radio Access Network (RAN) and Core expansion includes both 3G and Long-Term Evolution (LTE), plus indoor coverage based on Ericsson Radio Dot System

To meet these increasing traffic demands, C&W’s network expansion increases site capacity, improves the performance of the existing network through hardware and software upgrades, facilitates the implementation of carrier aggregation, and allows for the addition of small cells. The expansion is currently underway and expected to be completed in November 2016.

Based on what I'm reading... it could mean LTE-A (which makes sense given their recent spectrum purchase in July) or DC-HSDPA+ (which is carrier aggregation on 3G) islandwide (which Digicel already does) in November. The small cells initiative seems like a Panama thing and perhaps even at NMIA and MBJ...Let us wait and see but it's good to know that they've been doing actual work on their RAN and Core (apparently, it's been ongoing since last Septemeber).
    Last edited by Brandysull; Oct 14, 2016 at 01:31 AM.

Great... even more confusion...