Page 49 of 83 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: Flow LTE

Anything Flow does Digicel will run and do too same lol so bring on the unlimited... please Flow...

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Anything Flow does Digicel will run and do too same lol so bring on the unlimited... please Flow...
    LOL, Digicel is taken forever to respond. Or they are upgrading and expanding behind the scenes, and will pounce on Flow when they are ready to launch. It will be quite disappointing to see Digicel stalled or unable to keep up with the competition.

Unlimited on their already struggling HSPA+ network? I’d hesitate to think they’d go full unlimited so quickly... they need more LTE sites in urban areas and even more capacity on HSPA+. Unlimited is a huge deal and I’m seeing where FLOW’s really the only capable network to actually provide unlimited data. The network is rock solid and LTE never dips below 30 Mbit/s. We’re really going to see who’s a network from who isn’t.
    Last edited by Brandysull; Oct 18, 2017 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    Unlimited on their already struggling HSPA+ network? I’d hesitate to think they’d go full unlimited so quickly... they need more LTE sites in urban areas and even more capacity on HSPA+. Unlimited is a huge deal and I’m seeing where FLOW’s really the only capable network to actually provide unlimited data. The network is rock solid and LTE never dips below 30 Mbit/s. We’re really going to see who’s a network from who isn’t.
    Well Maybe this new LTE Network from Flow will push them into action. I can't see Digicel rolling over and playing dead. They have 2.2 million subscriber's to cater to. So they have to match or come close to Flow, in terms of Network upgrade and technology. I did email and speak with Digicel reps on social media. They confirmed that they are expanding and upgrading all thier services across Jamaica, So the public should stay tuned to thier social media accounts for updates.

I highly doubt that Digicel can afford to do unlimited right now. I can hardly get 5Mbps in the early mornings much less in the day time.

Flow looks promising, waiting to see the deliver.

Their current packages are horrible, don't need to Deeza music addon or whatever its call, just want more data with the same package, as unstable Digicel has this.
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

Well.. as alwyas Digicel most likely won't inicially offer the very best unlimited plans.. they will just offer enough to compete with flow on paper and just enough to get us the users by until they can offer better...

Quote Originally Posted by Dre' View Post
    I highly doubt that Digicel can afford to do unlimited right now. I can hardly get 5Mbps in the early mornings much less in the day time.

Flow looks promising, waiting to see the deliver.

Their current packages are horrible, don't need to Deeza music addon or whatever its call, just want more data with the same package, as unstable Digicel has this.
    Maybe we are seeing the fall of Digicel as Jamaica's largest Network. Come late November early December. Flow will finally give the public what they wanted. Many people will switch over to Flow. So we may see a major increase of new subscribers to Flow. If Digicel doesn't even respond in someway, then I will be very disappointed. I see where Digicel is offering free YouTube in T&T and other islands. They may do something similar here, I just don't understand why Digicel data speeds are so slow?. Is it because they have a large data subscriber base?. That should not be the case though.

Launching LTE is not gonna make most people switch to flow because majority of people only want to know that they can send and receive WhatsApp messages and browse instagram and facebook which you can do quite well on digicel. The average person really doesn't care about all that nor will they want to run into a store to switch over their sim cards so they can stream youtube all day if flow does decide to offer unlimited data. I consider myself a techie and i always have service on my phone which i never finish because i have wifi at home and school so unlimited data doest really interest me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.dre View Post
    Launching LTE is not gonna make most people switch to flow because majority of people only want to know that they can send and receive WhatsApp messages and browse instagram and facebook which you can do quite well on digicel. The average person really doesn't care about all that nor will they want to run into a store to switch over their sim cards so they can stream youtube all day if flow does decide to offer unlimited data. I consider myself a techie and i always have service on my phone which i never finish because i have wifi at home and school so unlimited data doest really interest me.
    Of course launching LTE won't bring over many new subscribers. However, with the reach and extent of Flows LTE, many users will no doubt want to take advantage of the service. Unlimited data, affordable prices and a reliable network, is what will pull the new growth in subscriber growth in. Keep in mind that many, many people in Jamaica, don't have access to home broadband internet connection. They have to rely on Mobile data to have connections. So this will be a major welcome to many.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.dre View Post
    But you see, that's not the kind of customer they're going for.... they're positioning themselves as the premium mobile operator it seems. Apart from LTE data in most of Jamaica's urban areas, their focus on the premium segment is obvious to the point where they are now reviewing their roaming data plans to include LTE and larger allotments not to mention that they have prepaid data roaming in 47 countries up to LTE speed & are making all of the FLOW Caribbean markets tariff-free to roam. FLOW isn't really focusing on the average penny-pincher (as bad as it may sound) but in order for them to actually earn money from their LTE networks, they have to go where the money is, and they have to improve the offerings that those customers would use the most. If people want affordabilty, FLOW's HSPA+ network still does the job for WhatsApp messaging, Instagram browsing and uploading one or two snaps on Snapchat. It is for that exact reason why Digicel's LTE network hasn't taken off and sold well to the general public, because not everyone can afford an LTE device or a data plan to boot.