Page 48 of 83 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: Flow LTE

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    No surprise, bmobile in Trinidad rolled out unlimited data plans in August this year. In addition, I had previously said that an UDP would require at the very least an LTE network with vast coverage. The trend has been happening for a long time and they've been constantly been asked (by you mostly lol) about it. Of course, Jamaaicans have been increasing their usage YoY and so it was about time!
    LOL, Yes I frequently ask about unlimited data plans, and unlimited YouTube and Netflix streaming. I am really excited about this, but I think they might launch UDP on Postpaid first. Then they might create something similar for Prepaid. Seeing that Bmobile, is 49% owned by CWC/Liberty Global. The comming Christmas Holiday season, which is the biggest spending season in Jamaica and worldwide. We should see something similar from Flow for its subscribers here in Jamaica. I guess Santa has some good well needed and overdue presents this year.

So FLOW LTE went live this morning in MoBay and Ochi. Anyone in those areas can go get a replacement LTE SIM at a flagship store and have a look.

So FLOW LTE went live this morning in MoBay and Ochi. Anyone in those areas can go get a replacement LTE SIM at a flagship store and have a look.
    Is it fully up and running now?. All testing over?. Also when will the rest of Kingston and ST Andrew be ready to go live again?.

MoBay and Ochi have been in testing for the better part of 4 months. Kingston and St. Andrew should be up in Late October/beginning of November. FLOW is deploying the new sites in Kingston with recent Ericsson RRUs... making FLOW the first in Jamaica to have them (on some RRUs, FLOW may be able to push out up to 100W but I suspect they're using the 2 x 60W variant for the most part). They deployed them on a few older sites like UWI, Old Hope Road & a few others. They also upgraded antennas AGAIN but I've yet to go close enough to the antennas to see which make they are... They really meant what they said when they wanted LTE in all urban areas before they went unlimited.

Must be a soft launch... have not seen or heard a word from Flow all now Re LTE.. and I would assume they need to promote it as allot of people will need new SIMS...
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Must be a soft launch... have not seen or heard a word from Flow all now Re LTE.. and I would assume they need to promote it as allot of people will need new SIMS...
    It looks like it’ll be around Christmas before they’ll be promoting it seeing as how they’ll be releasing unlimited plans (for Prepaid and postpaid) then.

It looks like it’ll be around Christmas before they’ll be promoting it seeing as how they’ll be releasing unlimited plans (for Prepaid and postpaid) then.
    Has it been confirmed that they will be launching unlimited data plans to thier subscribers?. If so, I presume real unlimited will be for Postpaid customers. While Prepaid customers will see larger data allotments with some freebies.

MoBay and Ochi have been in testing for the better part of 4 months. Kingston and St. Andrew should be up in Late October/beginning of November. FLOW is deploying the new sites in Kingston with recent Ericsson RRUs... making FLOW the first in Jamaica to have them (on some RRUs, FLOW may be able to push out up to 100W but I suspect they're using the 2 x 60W variant for the most part). They deployed them on a few older sites like UWI, Old Hope Road & a few others. They also upgraded antennas AGAIN but I've yet to go close enough to the antennas to see which make they are... They really meant what they said when they wanted LTE in all urban areas before they went unlimited.
    OK, I could have swear that I heard Mr Price say that by the 27th of October 2017 the rest of Kingston and ST Andrew will be covered. Anyway, they may have taken awhile. But this LTE Network is really worth the wait, especially with the planned offers of unlimited data plans. That makes the wait even more sweeter.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    Has it been confirmed that they will be launching unlimited data plans to thier subscribers?. If so, I presume real unlimited will be for Postpaid customers. While Prepaid customers will see larger data allotments with some freebies.
    Any mention from them of unlimited offerings as 'coming' is deliberate. It's happening. Let's just wait till December gets here.

Any mention from them of unlimited offerings as 'coming' is deliberate. It's happening. Let's just wait till December gets here.
    OK, This Christmas is going to be a very Merry Christmas from Flow. I can't wait 😀😀😀😀😁