Page 43 of 83 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Flow LTE

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    As usual, I was doing some late night perusing and decided to check FLOW's site to see if they've done any updates to their site... Didn't see much until I happened upon a link to FLOW Jamaica's LTE page... Apparently it's unlinked (for good reason). It's quite bare but I assume that once it's linked it'll have more information.

https://discoverflow.co/jamaica/mobile/LTE

A launch is imminent I presume...
    Yes maybe we could see a September or early October launch. Anyway, this is good news for data users and the country as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    Very interesting thank you for this, I thought that they had nationwide HSPA+ coverage already?.
    They do have HSPA+ nationwide but what they are doing is something what we call "network densification". What it entails is adding more sites to a specific area to ensure a higher level of service. I think they're doing this mainly in St. Ann IIRC but if the Digicel co-location agreement is expansive, we could see matching levels of service from both operators.

They do have HSPA+ nationwide but what they are doing is something what we call "network densification". What it entails is adding more sites to a specific area to ensure a higher level of service. I think they're doing this mainly in St. Ann IIRC but if the Digicel co-location agreement is expansive, we could see matching levels of service from both operators.
    OK, that cleared things up greatly. That is a good move, especially for the rural areas of the country.

OK, so I forced my phone into LTE mode only, after two mintues this info came up

I am not sure if the weak LTE connection is from Flow or Caricel. It maybe Caricel as when I entered service mode I got this information

The LTE symbol droped and from there on the info just showed no info for Network name.

The area the LTE only test was done, was on Spanish Town Road, Kingston 11. In the Payne Land devision beside the happy ice factory. The 338 code, doesnt that identifies Flows Network?. Could it be that Flow is testing band 13, or is this band apart of Caricels Network?. What do you think Brandysull?.

From the little I know,MCC stand for mobile country code.
    Jamaica country code is 338.
    MNC is Mobile Network Code
    FLOW is 180 & 020 & 110
    DIGICEL is 050
    Caricel is 040
    Last edited by Dre'; Aug 21, 2017 at 09:02 PM.
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

Quote Originally Posted by Dre' View Post
    FLOW is 180 & 020 & 110
    DIGICEL is 050
    Caricel is 040
    You are right, the 338 Is Jamaica's country code. Never Knew that Flow had more than one MNC. Beside the 338 is the 020, could that mean it belongs to Flow?. Also which network is using Band 13 700Mhz?. That's what I would like to know, I thought that Flow purchase band 13 or maybe apart of it.

I really hope that the Network is Flow, My phone does pick up Caricel when I do a scan for Networks to connect to. Can the phone detect another Operators LTE Network and connect to it, while a specific Network operators SIM Card is inside it?. I do wonder what type of Network Caricel operates?.

I was looking back at a screen shot I took a few months ago when using the caricel sim Card in my Phone and it was using band 13 and the MNC was 020 so it's a bit confusing at the moment.
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

FLOW is 180 & 020 & 110
    DIGICEL is 050
    Caricel is 040
    338 is Jamaica's country (MCC) code.

338-180 is FLOW's network code (MNC). They've been using it since the birth of their GSM network in 2002-2003.

338-05 is Digicel's code (MNC) (which they use outside of Jamaica... long story)

Caricel uses FLOW's old identifier of 338-020. It is either a case of your phone's database identifying Caricel wrongly as FLOW or it could be that FLOW is acquiring them....... Hmmmmmmmm

I'm curious as to how you were able to register on the network and see service mode data as well. Could very well be an acquisition....
    Last edited by Brandysull; Aug 21, 2017 at 10:01 PM.

338 is Jamaica's country (MCC) code.

338-180 is FLOW's network code (MNC). They've been using it since the birth of their GSM network in 2002-2003.

338-05 is Digicel's code (MNC) (which they use outside of Jamaica... long story)

Caricel uses FLOW's old identifier of 338-020. It is either a case of your phone's database identifying Caricel wrongly as FLOW or it could be that FLOW is acquiring them....... Hmmmmmmmm

I'm curious as to how you were able to register on the network and see service mode data as well. Could very well be an acquisition....

I'm curious as to how you were able to register on the network and see service mode data as well
    I am wondering the same thing, That is why I was asking if the phone can connect to Caricels LTE Network. Even though a Flow Jamaica Sim card is inside it and active?. I dont think that Flow would be taking over Caricel, I remember that someone on another forum. was saying that he heard that Caricel was into talks, to be acquired by a South African company. But there is no verification to those allegations.

If any Network was to be testing LTE in and around this area, which is the Spanish Town Road, Kingston 11 area. It probably would have been Flow, as Flow and Digicel dominates this area. I am really confused, as after the first indication of the being connected to both Networks. The results after, shows that the Network is Unknown and not connected. So I am clueless about all this, really hope this is Flow though.

I was looking back at a screen shot I took a few months ago when using the caricel sim Card in my Phone and it was using band 13 and the MNC was 020 so it's a bit confusing at the moment.
    Yes, it is very much confusing. But base on the info you just provided. Maybe, the connected Network was Caricel. But how did my phone connect to it, and provided connected and Network information. While having a Flow Jamaica SIM card inserted?.