Page 36 of 83 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Flow LTE

Quote Originally Posted by mista736 View Post
    After experiencing LTE, 3G does feel like molasses. Lol. Just use WiFi and 3G feels not worth it.
    With regards to US tourists, any phone not sold directly from manufacturers unlocked says 4G even when on 3G. There's no distinction between 3G/H/H+. 4G LTE or 3G is all they see. So all they may know is 4G in Jamaica is slow at times. As is the same issue when they're in US, but less likely to be experienced.

As for going to Digi or Flow as a visitor, I didn't know such problems existed. They ask for ID and where you're staying best I know.

In the other direction, not too many people I know use data while in US. Either they borrow a SIM from a resident or just don't use phone much at all. Wait for WiFi and use WhatsApp etc.
    Yeah... 3G is nothing to write home about... Speeds what we've seen for the past 9 years... Nothing special at all.

My area has quite a bit of traffic and as a result, they did a slight upgrade to HSPA+ but no sooner than it was upgraded, the capacity got saturated almost instantly. LTE can't come soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    I want to know though, I have an unlocked phone from Samsung SM-G935F (S7 Edge). When I am connected to data, the icon that displays on the status bar is H+. I am wondering if and when LTE gets to my area, what Icon the system will display?. I would love for it to be LTE. But some countries or most countries except the US/Canada and some other countries. Use the Icon 4G to indicate LTE. The CSC code for my device is TPA Panama, which means its unlocked. But I would like to know, how does the phone choose what icons it displays for data ( HSPA+, LTE). Can anyone, with any understanding of this issue. Explain it for me please?. I dont like having 4G as the icon for LTE.
    Whether or not it shows 4G or LTE is determined by the ROM. I think it will say LTE but if you're in doubt, dial *#0011# and check the RAT mode.. If it says LTE, then you're good.. If it says WCDMA, it's 4G.

I want to know though, I have an unlocked phone from Samsung SM-G935F (S7 Edge). When I am connected to data, the icon that displays on the status bar is H+. I am wondering if and when LTE gets to my area, what Icon the system will display?. I would love for it to be LTE. But some countries or most countries except the US/Canada and some other countries. Use the Icon 4G to indicate LTE. The CSC code for my device is TPA Panama, which means its unlocked. But I would like to know, how does the phone choose what icons it displays for data ( HSPA+, LTE). Can anyone, with any understanding of this issue. Explain it for me please?. I dont like having 4G as the icon for LTE.
    The SM-G935FD that i have shows 4G for LTE and this is stock ROM from Samsung.
    Otherwise H and H+ for 3G,3.5G connections.

As Brandyskull mentioned, u can also dial *#0011# and select the SIM and at the top for LTE basic-info.
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    Whether or not it shows 4G or LTE is determined by the ROM. I think it will say LTE but if you're in doubt, dial *#0011# and check the RAT mode.. If it says LTE, then you're good.. If it says WCDMA, it's 4G.
    http://imgur.com/NGO2Uka
    This is what comes up, when I input the code. I dont see ant RAT selection. It does say WCDMA but Flows LTE is not on 1900Mhz. So I guess this is not the correct menu. I am on 7.0 Nougat.

http://imgur.com/NGO2Uka
    This is what comes up, when I input the code. I dont see ant RAT selection. It does say WCDMA but Flows LTE is not on 1900Mhz. So I guess this is not the correct menu. I am on 7.0 Nougat.
    In Row 10, the device reads that it is on WCDMA 1900... when you're on LTE it will read where 'Serving Cell Info' is, it will read 'LTE-BASIC Info'.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    In Row 10, the device reads that it is on WCDMA 1900... when you're on LTE it will read where 'Serving Cell Info' is, it will read 'LTE-BASIC Info'.
    So I wont know what Icon it will display, until I connect to the LTE network?. I tried the same thing on my sisters Galaxy S6. And it displayed the samething, then changed to LTE basic info. Her phone was also upgraded to Nougat via Metro PCS/T-Mobile network (Where the phone was purchased). Her phone is on the Digicel Network, and she did use thier LTE network in and around the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Dre' View Post
    The SM-G935FD that i have shows 4G for LTE and this is stock ROM from Samsung.
    Otherwise H and H+ for 3G,3.5G connections.

As Brandyskull mentioned, u can also dial *#0011# and select the SIM and at the top for LTE basic-info.
    Yeah thanks Bro, it didnt work for me. Check the screen shot I toik above. It doesnt allow me to check RAT settings, or even to change LTE bands. Looks like I will have to wait, to find out. What icon the device will display for the LTE connection. Thanks again, all the best.

Yeah thanks Bro, it didnt work for me. Check the screen shot I toik above. It doesnt allow me to check RAT settings, or even to change LTE bands. Looks like I will have to wait, to find out. What icon the device will display for the LTE connection. Thanks again, all the best.
    here's a screenshot of what it will look like.
    the icon will be 4G once its LTE.

Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

Quote Originally Posted by Dre' View Post
    here's a screenshot of what it will look like.
    the icon will be 4G once its LTE.

OK, so Its highly likely that my icon display will be 4G?. I notice that you have the dual sim variant of the S7 edge. I hate that I cant know before hand. Is Flow LTE available in HWT or Tropical plaza?. If so I will go there when next I can. And try a connection and speed test.

OK, so Its highly likely that my icon display will be 4G?. I notice that you have the dual sim variant of the S7 edge. I hate that I cant know before hand. Is Flow LTE available in HWT or Tropical plaza?. If so I will go there when next I can. And try a connection and speed test.
    HWT, Tropical Plaza, Downtown... around Digicel HQ, Practically all of New Kingston... Sovereign, Barbican.... a good portion is covered.