Page 31 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread: Flow LTE

BTW it seems like Social Media may soon be added to FLOW Lyf... I saw this on the internet... a message received in error.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    BTW it seems like Social Media may soon be added to FLOW Lyf... I saw this on the internet... a message received in error.

It seems weird that Digicel signal has gotten worse both regular GSM and all forms of their internet. Driving from Mobay to Kingston I had countless dead zones and loss of regular GSM signal. Using s8+ and am wondering what has happened to their network. As for social media allocation... Liberty needs to clean up those dinasours from flow. The ones who didn't believe people needed call waiting or call forwarding on their cell phones.

The ones who believe people will pay for 2 megs when they can have 25 from Digicel. The ones who believe it's better to pay for whatsapp when u can get it free in ur quick pic bundle from Digicel. I mean they two bad choices in terms of company but whoever advising flow needs to go

Quote Originally Posted by 876 View Post
    It seems weird that Digicel signal has gotten worse both regular GSM and all forms of their internet. Driving from Mobay to Kingston I had countless dead zones and loss of regular GSM signal. Using s8+ and am wondering what has happened to their network. As for social media allocation... Liberty needs to clean up those dinasours from flow. The ones who didn't believe people needed call waiting or call forwarding on their cell phones.

The ones who believe people will pay for 2 megs when they can have 25 from Digicel. The ones who believe it's better to pay for whatsapp when u can get it free in ur quick pic bundle from Digicel. I mean they two bad choices in terms of company but whoever advising flow needs to go
    What I deduce from the whole thing is that upper management at FLOW didn't want to repeat the same mistakes as Digicel did.... Digicel has done a great deal since 2017 to tarnish their brand by getting rid of crowd favourites like unlimited social media, Gimme 5 and the like as a result of mounting financial pressure. FLOW has had to show before and after the aquisition period by Liberty Global that they were good financial stewards and that they were receiving adequate ROI on their CAPEX... i.e. they had to show that their '4G' network was deriving enough revenues for them to recover the costs of rolling it out. As a result, Liberty Global injected $11 Billion JMD ($87.5 million USD) into FLOW for 2017, of which a good chunk is going towards LTE upgrades & construction of new towers. The Products team at FLOW knows & hears what people want... I was actually surprised at how receptive they were to my recommendations and critiques. The company has had to prove itself worthy of addition investment (moreover the Jamaican business unit which generates the second largest revenue stream for CWC has had to show it worth the money). By 'giving away' incentives to join the network and eroding ARPU & having sudden rush of customers onto the network requiring EVEN MORE capacity upgrades would reek havoc. Safe to say, their 'modesty' period has ended and now the wheels of change are in motion. Trust me, their are plenty of young, talented, well-to-do, youngings in the company who the higher ups depend on. The old C&W has been dead for years.... speaking about C&W in the early 2000s is like me being apprehensive to join Verizon because I hated Bell Atlantic & GTE.

As for the Digicel issues you've been having...................... who knows what's happening!?

Hey Brandysull, I kept asking for a Data Plan with unlimited YouTube streaming. Yesterday Flow on thier monthly Facebook live chat, gave me a very convincing "Stay Tuned" surprise. What do you think?, should I be happy?. Do you think they have heard my cries and request?.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    Hey Brandysull, I kept asking for a Data Plan with unlimited YouTube streaming. Yesterday Flow on thier monthly Facebook live chat, gave me a very convincing "Stay Tuned" surprise. What do you think?, should I be happy?. Do you think they have heard my cries and request?.
    Uhhhhhh Unlimited YouTube? I doubt.... but they were very keen on providing an allotment specific to online video from certain websites . I think we might like what they're coming with but they're taking the 'additions' as it were in stride and not rushing to market

Uhhhhhh Unlimited YouTube? I doubt.... but they were very keen on providing an allotment specific to online video from certain websites . I think we might like what they're coming with but they're taking the 'additions' as it were in stride and not rushing to market
    OK, I was hoping for unlimited streaming, but we cant have it our way all the time. I am very glad that they are considering to add extra MB for online videos. I was checking their social media pages like crazy for the new plans. But I guess they are not ready to launch them. I dont know if you can, but could you find out. if they do plan to cover the entire Kingston and ST Andrew with LTE?. I would like to know, if the Spanish Town Road, Kingston 11 area will be covered with LTE. Thank you very much, all the best.

OK, I was hoping for unlimited streaming, but we cant have it our way all the time. I am very glad that they are considering to add extra MB for online videos. I was checking their social media pages like crazy for the new plans. But I guess they are not ready to launch them. I dont know if you can, but could you find out. if they do plan to cover the entire Kingston and ST Andrew with LTE?. I would like to know, if the Spanish Town Road, Kingston 11 area will be covered with LTE. Thank you very much, all the best.
    Absolutely, they're blanketing ALL of Kingston in LTE. They've paused work in Kingston and have moved into working on Portmore & Spanish Town (perhaps for light up before the North Coast). I know the area you're talking about and I've not gotten LTE there at all... but I did get it on the border of St. Andrew and St. Catherine weirdly enough. Last I heard of the end of Kingston's rollout was scheduled to be around Q4 2017 into Early Q1 2018.

The VP of Technology was right about the work on the North Coast however, they've upgraded capacity on their HSPA+ especially on the 850 MHz carrier (which is crucial to carrying voice for customers who're on the LTE layer). The nearest site to me is at least a 1.5 kilometres away from me and I average -75 dBm with 850 MHz carrier (of course that is subject to the RSCP & the Scrambling Code as well but w/e). Devices are also defaulting to the 850 MHz layer... which also happened in Kingston shortly before light up of the initial 12 LTE sites.

Sit tight, it'll be there probably faster than you think!

Absolutely, they're blanketing ALL of Kingston in LTE. They've paused work in Kingston and have moved into working on Portmore & Spanish Town (perhaps for light up before the North Coast). I know the area you're talking about and I've not gotten LTE there at all... but I did get it on the border of St. Andrew and St. Catherine weirdly enough. Last I heard of the end of Kingston's rollout was scheduled to be around Q4 2017 into Early Q1 2018.

The VP of Technology was right about the work on the North Coast however, they've upgraded capacity on their HSPA+ especially on the 850 MHz carrier (which is crucial to carrying voice for customers who're on the LTE layer). The nearest site to me is at least a 1.5 kilometres away from me and I average -75 dBm with 850 MHz carrier (of course that is subject to the RSCP & the Scrambling Code as well but w/e). Devices are also defaulting to the 850 MHz layer... which also happened in Kingston shortly before light up of the initial 12 LTE sites.

Sit tight, it'll be there probably faster than you think!
    That's great news, So every nook and cranny of Kingston and ST Andrew. Including Spanish Town Road, Kingston 11. Will have full LTE coverage by early 2018?. Thank you so much for the update, I cant wait for the said area to be LTE covered. While Flows HSPA+ Network is very much reliable here. Its slow at times, because 99% of the people here use Mobile data. So you can imagine, the congestion.

That's great news, So every nook and cranny of Kingston and ST Andrew. Including Spanish Town Road, Kingston 11. Will have full LTE coverage by early 2018?. Thank you so much for the update, I cant wait for the said area to be LTE covered. While Flows HSPA+ Network is very much reliable here. Its slow at times, because 99% of the people here use Mobile data. So you can imagine, the congestion.
    Of course! 3G has long reached its end-of-life and if the P3 benchmark was any indication to them, they have a TONNE of work to do in terms of data & even voice as well... Kingston's too important of a place for them to skimp on coverage... if my neck of the woods is being upgraded I'm more than sure you're in line for it as well.

Of course! 3G has long reached its end-of-life and if the P3 benchmark was any indication to them, they have a TONNE of work to do in terms of data & even voice as well... Kingston's too important of a place for them to skimp on coverage... if my neck of the woods is being upgraded I'm more than sure you're in line for it as well.
    Awesome, Cant wait for LTE to get here where I am