Page 24 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: Flow LTE

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Doubt Digicel will respond to this.... Better Flow did free Social or some form of unlimited plans.
    They've said that apps will added to the freebies on their plans soon... it's a good move.. if they added something like YouTube or Facebook/Instagram or even Twitter.. that would be amazing

Flow have the nerve to ask Roxy how so ... lol

Last edited by GPRS Internet; Apr 7, 2017 at 11:35 AM.
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

It think its a sensible move for now..... FLOW's been testing their network's resillience under tariff-free streaming since last October. Since announcing the upgrade to Ericsson Software Version 15A to their network, they've been testing App-Specific data exemptions. In addition, the update allows them to use less power-per-site (provided they're Ericsson sites) by giving sites the ability to automatically lock cells after an extended period of inactivity. They have the ability to get enhanced user feedback from devices on the network as well the ability to upgrade calling to HD Voice or VoLTE (which CWC has been working on in Panama since last February). I tend to look at the broader picture... all this signifies to me is that as the market matures, FLOW will be able to offer competitve and tailored packages to their customers.

P.S. I think the inclusion of WhatsApp calls under freebies is a good thing... seems to me that they're probably laying the groundwork for VoLTE.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    It think its a sensible move for now..... FLOW's been testing their network's resillience under tariff-free streaming since last October. Since announcing the upgrade to Ericsson Software Version 15A to their network, they've been testing App-Specific data exemptions. In addition, the update allows them to use less power-per-site (provided they're Ericsson sites) by giving sites the ability to automatically lock cells after an extended period of inactivity. They have the ability to get enhanced user feedback from devices on the network as well the ability to upgrade calling to HD Voice or VoLTE (which CWC has been working on in Panama since last February). I tend to look at the broader picture... all this signifies to me is that as the market matures, FLOW will be able to offer competitve and tailored packages to their customers.

P.S. I think the inclusion of WhatsApp calls under freebies is a good thing... seems to me that they're probably laying the groundwork for VoLTE.

Lets not say the whatsapp calls are free as they give you only a certain amount of megabytes which equates to 75 mins free on some plans. Thats just a trick and ploy. I sense these companies are starting to pave the way for dedicated whatsapp plans as the government is complaining about revenue loss. I wonder what apps they whitelisted tho since october.

Their network is quite a trip as the day before they launched the new plans they opened up some old plans from way back in 2009 till 2013 and i accidentally subscribed to it. They took it off now tho but the plan still active on my account. Just weird how their network is.

When flow give me a 500MB plan for 2 days for $150 and auto renew then i'll be excited.

I don't use whatsapp for calls.I already have Spotify so not changing to whatever their streaming service is.

I use my data to do other things.
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

Update: Apparently, FLOW was doing site visits in Montego Bay & its surrounding areas.. documenting the sites from different angles so as to aid them with the installation of the antennas. I don't know how many sites were observed but what I do know is that FLOW LTE should be in Montego Bay (Downtown Montego Bay in particular) by Late Summer or the latter part of Q3 2017. Coverage should be exactly the same as their existing UMTS 1900 coverage but I haven't any idea who the vendor will be for the Montego Bay market.... They've covered the major parts of Kingston and will launched the rest of the sites there by early next year. They really are making good on their promise to have Jamaica covered with LTE

Update: Apparently, FLOW was doing site visits in Montego Bay & its surrounding areas.. documenting the sites from different angles so as to aid them with the installation of the antennas. I don't know how many sites were observed but what I do know is that FLOW LTE should be in Montego Bay (Downtown Montego Bay in particular) by Late Summer or the latter part of Q3 2017. Coverage should be exactly the same as their existing UMTS 1900 coverage but I haven't any idea who the vendor will be for the Montego Bay market.... They've covered the major parts of Kingston and will launched the rest of the sites there by early next year. They really are making good on their promise to have Jamaica covered with LTE
    That's Great, I would like to know though, will Flows LTE cover all of Kingston and ST Andrew by early next year. Hopefully all of Kingston will be covered by LTE, and not just the major areas of Half Way Tree and New Kingston. Does this mean, that they will wait until they have spread LTE across Jamaica, before they do an official launch of the service??.

Official word from FLOW, LTE upgrades in progress from Montego Bay (as well as the town centre) westward on the highway into Negril....

Official word from FLOW, LTE upgrades in progress from Montego Bay (as well as the town centre) westward on the highway into Negril....
    Yes, but as usual with any company out here, the progress is slow. At least this time it's more understandable unlike when they had to roll out GSM........
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    Yes, but as usual with any company out here, the progress is slow. At least this time it's more understandable unlike when they had to roll out GSM........
    It's more than just that though.... word is that they're going VoLTE & HD Voice (for 3G) across the entire mobile network as well... It's the finish date for all of the North Coast + Mandeville, perhaps May Pen and all other major towns on the South Coast. I suppose when that is done, they will actually 'launch' LTE. This is round 1... They're more sites to be added in Kingston in Q1 2018 and I suppose Montego Bay as well (and perhaps the addition of low band spectrum).

The GSM rollout was beyond my years, all I remember is the TDMA shutdown in March 2006.....
    Last edited by Brandysull; May 7, 2017 at 02:48 PM.