Page 11 of 83 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Flow LTE

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    Thank you for this vital and very informative answer to my question, The signal issue has now stabilized, until they begin work again. I have really learned a lot from you, as it pertains to the ICT and telecommunications industry in Jamaica and worldwide. I really think Flow should appoint you as their Chief Technology officer, similarly as to how Digicel has appointed Usain Bolt as its so called "Chief Speed Officer". Digicel also has what it calls its "Data Doctors", Seriously Brandysull, Flow could use you're expertise to educated the public and its Subscribers about the companies offerings. And how the technology and infrastructure behind the Network, works to bring the data and other services we so essentially cant live without and need. I cant wait for LTE to be City wide and nationwide, I am also anticipating the LTE-A rollout overtime as well. Thank you once again, and keep us all posted, like you always do. Thanks for all the hard-work and information, really appreciate it.
    Thank you! I love to talk about tech and telecoms and demystify whatever misconceptions there may be about telecoms here and world over. The CSO position at Digicel is purely a cosmetic title but I hope that one day I could prove useful to any telco for that matter .

Thank you for this vital and very informative answer to my question, The signal issue has now stabilized, until they begin work again. I have really learned a lot from you, as it pertains to the ICT and telecommunications industry in Jamaica and worldwide. I really think Flow should appoint you as their Chief Technology officer, similarly as to how Digicel has appointed Usain Bolt as its so called "Chief Speed Officer". Digicel also has what it calls its "Data Doctors", Seriously Brandysull, Flow could use you're expertise to educated the public and its Subscribers about the companies offerings. And how the technology and infrastructure behind the Network, works to bring the data and other services we so essentially cant live without and need. I cant wait for LTE to be City wide and nationwide, I am also anticipating the LTE-A rollout overtime as well. Thank you once again, and keep us all posted, like you always do. Thanks for all the hard-work and information, really appreciate it.
    I second that, i agree that Brandysull expertise would be good to any company. I think FLOW could really hire him to explain stuff to customers at the head office. Or even to create content for their website and to host a mini tech video series on youtube or facebook. I dont think these companies are smart. Brandysull could even provide video walk through guides for tech support issues affecting customers and even level 2 agents within the company etc.

I think he should put his skill set to the test and create some helpful stuff to get awareness for instance, i would advise him to create a facebook bot which can provide critical information for tech support and contents and other items not covered by the website. He can create his own content and then when the company realises that everyone finds him helpful then he will be hired.

There are many services that FLOW offers and just refuses to promote, from the text chat lines, to the 4636 help line to the text to landline service, to the ringback service, to the world direct service, to even plain voicemail, to MMS services, text to email services,call barring services, landline to go,homephone to go,prepaid legacy flow landline and internet services(yep still can sign up by going head office),low user landline services, TALK XL plans and XL plans,ALL talk plus plans which gives unlimited weekend calling,there are dozens of other services i know of which just aint being promoted and would be of value to the customer,

all that is needed is a good marketing/tech savy team to drive home these services to the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    Thank you! I love to talk about tech and telecoms and demystify whatever misconceptions there may be about telecoms here and world over. The CSO position at Digicel is purely a cosmetic title but I hope that one day I could prove useful to any telco for that matter .
    I too hope that one day, you will be recognized for you're intelligence in this field of work. and in the Tech world as a whole. For all I know, you should be replacing Mr Sinclair as Flow Jamaica MD.

Quote Originally Posted by 876 View Post
    I second that, i agree that Brandysull expertise would be good to any company. I think FLOW could really hire him to explain stuff to customers at the head office. Or even to create content for their website and to host a mini tech video series on youtube or facebook. I dont think these companies are smart. Brandysull could even provide video walk through guides for tech support issues affecting customers and even level 2 agents within the company etc.

I think he should put his skill set to the test and create some helpful stuff to get awareness for instance, i would advise him to create a facebook bot which can provide critical information for tech support and contents and other items not covered by the website. He can create his own content and then when the company realises that everyone finds him helpful then he will be hired.

There are many services that FLOW offers and just refuses to promote, from the text chat lines, to the 4636 help line to the text to landline service, to the ringback service, to the world direct service, to even plain voicemail, to MMS services, text to email services,call barring services, landline to go,homephone to go,prepaid legacy flow landline and internet services(yep still can sign up by going head office),low user landline services, TALK XL plans and XL plans,ALL talk plus plans which gives unlimited weekend calling,there are dozens of other services i know of which just aint being promoted and would be of value to the customer,

all that is needed is a good marketing/tech savy team to drive home these services to the customer.
    I agree, Jesus I for one didn't even know Flow offered all of these services. They really need help in their Marketing and PR departments. Brandysull would be very useful to them in this reguard. I also agree that if he creates a Youtube or Facebook account, explaining the works and technology behind Flows Network to the public. Then they would have reason to have him Join the Flow team in the Tech social interaction department.

Brandysull would be over-qualified to work at Flow or Digicel... they wouldn't allow him to truly unleash his knowledge...

Flow and Digicel are also hush hush about their technology so that again would hold him back..

A case like this it's best he does it freely from an outsider looking in.. with his knowledge base the right people will gravitate towards it.

I too hope that one day, you will be recognized for you're intelligence in this field of work. and in the Tech world as a whole. For all I know, you should be replacing Mr Sinclair as Flow Jamaica MD.
    LOL Thanks! But honestly, I owe much of my knowledge in telecoms to other forums like Reddit (which really piqued my interest) and lots of reading. I'm currently reading two books on LTE + cellular networks concurrently and the amount of information is so vast, it's no wonder that very few would take the time out to read extensively about it. Everyday's a learning experience and it's the input I get from forums like this which egg me on to find out what the literature states. In order to truly provide a superior experience for your customers, you must truly have a deep understanding of the product your offering. Business acumen is necessary but field knowledge is paramount. Without it, you cannot truly offer the best level of customer experience; how'd you know whether or not a Speedtest issue needs to be propagated to higher management or if the user just needs a restart?

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Brandysull would be over-qualified to work at Flow or Digicel... they wouldn't allow him to truly unleash his knowledge...

Flow and Digicel are also hush hush about their technology so that again would hold him back..

A case like this it's best he does it freely from an outsider looking in.. with his knowledge base the right people will gravitate towards it.
    Both telcos have marketers. While indispensable in my view, they (like marketers usually do), tend to overhype and/or make gross overestimations of the product they're selling. Take a look at how telcos in the US and U.K. market to their customers vs. how Digicel and FLOW do here.... knowledge based vs. hype. If it is hype they're after, I won't be of use to them but if it is measured confidence in your product offering and the willingness to disseminate what it is and how it works, I'm all on board!

Just an update on FLOW's LTE rollout, my nearest cell tower seemingly overnight got brand new antenna panels, new Microwave ODUs, TMAs.. the WHOLE shebang. I suspect they're commissioning the site now, hopefully they'll light up the tower in 2-3 weeks (give an take a few days for optimization and whatnot).

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    Just an update on FLOW's LTE rollout, my nearest cell tower seemingly overnight got brand new antenna panels, new Microwave ODUs, TMAs.. the WHOLE shebang. I suspect they're commissioning the site now, hopefully they'll light up the tower in 2-3 weeks (give an take a few days for optimization and whatnot).
    What's the furthest place you've experienced lte on flow

That's the thing, I haven't experienced myself. But here's a map of where some users have gotten it.