Page 54 of 83 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: Flow LTE

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Yes.... Sim/phone good.. get LTE in Kingston...

What part mobay exactly ?
    Someone reported getting LTE on Queen's Drive and Gloucester Avenue as well as Fairview... both are showing up on Opensignal and Rootmetrics. Try there and see if it works but at last check they'd turned up some sites.
    Last edited by Brandysull; Dec 4, 2017 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    Did a routine speed test today only to realize that FLOW has removed the 40/10 cap on Prepaid... Seems to be allowing everyone full access to the network. Note the reduced latency as well. This network modernization project they've been undergoing since 2015 has literally made them leap frog most carriers in the region. This is exactly what I want to see....

https://i.imgur.com/NlkegxQ.png

Was still getting impressive results even on 2 bars of LTE...

https://i.imgur.com/GX3Y43e.png

Liberty Global money looks good on them!
    Are you sure these speeds are for prepaid?. It seems that the Network is just open, So they haven't worked out what they will be doing. Would love for this to be the case, those speeds are amazing.
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Dec 4, 2017 at 09:34 PM. Reason: removed large pics from quote

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    Are you sure these speeds are for prepaid?. It seems that the Network is just open, So they haven't worked out what they will be doing. Would love for this to be the case, those speeds are amazing.
    It is for prepaid.... I did them myself and I am on prepaid. Got another Speedtest result with 33 Mbit/s on the upload. I’ll give the network a go tonight and see how it fares out... whether I can hit the 100 Mbit/s mark. Looks like they either recently removed the throttle or they finally have enough backhaul capacity to handle all that speed at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    It is for prepaid.... I did them myself and I am on prepaid. Got another Speedtest result with 33 Mbit/s on the upload. I’ll give the network a go tonight and see how it fares out... whether I can hit the 100 Mbit/s mark. Looks like they either recently removed the throttle or they finally have enough backhaul capacity to handle all that speed at once.
    This is good news, Thanks for the confirmation. I can't wait, I am patiently waiting for Flows LTE Network to be turn on in my area. It seems that will happen in the New Year.

Update: The network is HAULIN'... no joke! I had to the test on the Digicel server to prove how fast it was.... It seems like the LTE network in my area is being well utilized too...

Truly remarkable. Kudos to FLOW and Ericsson again, the network quality keeps getting better and better!

Last edited by Brandysull; Dec 4, 2017 at 08:39 PM.

And alas! The true power has been revealed... FLOW LTE is truly a remarkable network. Jamaica, we hit the triple digits! I was in direct line of sight with the tower albeit at a good distance away... about a mile or two away.

Here's another test, again exemplifing the power of FLOW's beastly LTE network.

This is a complete contrast to where their network was last year this time, concluding LTE testing and going live with 12 sites. I don't mind the gradual rollout if it means a high quality, high-speed, highly reliable mobile network. It seems like they're on track to probably begin deploying LTE-A next year. Barbados, BVI and Cayman all have it and I suppose Jamaica's next in line for it too.

Do your testing when the Network goes fully public and has some amount of traffic on it....

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Do your testing when the Network goes fully public and has some amount of traffic on it....
    Trust me.... this had traffic. I peak at around 50-65 during the day while others are busy doing what they’re doing online.

I'm tempted to make a switch but what's the point if my data will just run off faster now lol. Plus iv'e never really had a problem streaming or anything on my digicel plans.
    MSI B350 Tomhawk | Ryzen 7 5700x | Cooler master hyper 212 evo heatsink | MSI gtx 1070 | Corsair 32gb DDR4 (3200Mhz) | Samsung 970 evo 1tb | Seagate 1tb + 500 gb | Dell 27 INCH-S2719DGF 2560x1440 144hz Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.dre View Post
    I'm tempted to make a switch but what's the point if my data will just run off faster now lol. Plus iv'e never really had a problem streaming or anything on my digicel plans.
    I mean.... In that case, it's neither here nor there....