Page 26 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Thread: Flow LTE

Quote Originally Posted by Dre' View Post
    The main reason why I still stick to Digicel is because FLOW cannot provide a decent Data Plan.

I want a plan with 500MB for 2 days (auto renew) for $150.

When I finish my 3GB on Flow in less than 14 days, i always have to be running on Digicel for the rest of the month.

I don't want any package with bonus to be restricted just for Whatsapp call or Deezer. I'm sure many persons have apps that they used apart from those.

I use Spotify for my music and google voice for my calls.
    I agree, Flows Data plans are not sufficent. Even for the basic user. I hope that with the upcomming official launch of thier LTE Network, We will see better and more reasonable priced data plans. With Whitelisted apps such as YouTube app and Facebook.

Data usage differs with each user. I've only finished my 3 GB twice with FLOW - once was because the HFC was down and I ended up having to use it to do most of my work.

I do agree that we have some horrible data plans here however, and I also hate FLOW - I stick with them entirely based on the fact it's a business decision. Speaking of which - they have a promotion for NEW SIGNUPS ONLY and only if you're a business user. Basically the same as what the regular postpaid package is (for under JMD$4,000) and they give you double the data, 50% more talk time and 300 SMS. For the same price as what you pay being a regular postpaid customer. That's cruel to the people who are loyal to them - fortunately I'm not, but it does burn a bit. Will be switching over to that through a business registration just because it'll cost me less.

https://discoverflow.co/jamaica/mobile/promotions-jm

https://discoverflow.co/jamaica/mobile/postpaid-plans

Still. To finish the 3GB isn't hard if you do videos on the road. I use it for emails, IM, MagicJack, research, occasional hotspot for my laptop and daily driving navigation with Waze. But if you move from wifi to wifi and only need to stay in touch then you shouldn't be finishing the 3GB. Unless you're on the road a lot. Like me with an average of 3,000 miles (not kilo) per month.
    Last edited by khat17; May 23, 2017 at 09:22 PM.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    Data usage differs with each user. I've only finished my 3 GB twice with FLOW - once was because the HFC was down and I ended up having to use it to do most of my work.

I do agree that we have some horrible data plans here however, and I also hate FLOW - I stick with them entirely based on the fact it's a business decision. Speaking of which - they have a promotion for NEW SIGNUPS ONLY and only if you're a business user. Basically the same as what the regular postpaid package is (for under JMD$4,000) and they give you double the data, 50% more talk time and 300 SMS. For the same price as what you pay being a regular postpaid customer. That's cruel to the people who are loyal to them - fortunately I'm not, but it does burn a bit. Will be switching over to that through a business registration just because it'll cost me less.

https://discoverflow.co/jamaica/mobile/promotions-jm

https://discoverflow.co/jamaica/mobile/postpaid-plans

Still. To finish the 3GB isn't hard if you do videos on the road. I use it for emails, IM, MagicJack, research, occasional hotspot for my laptop and daily driving navigation with Waze. But if you move from wifi to wifi and only need to stay in touch then you shouldn't be finishing the 3GB. Unless you're on the road a lot. Like me with an average of 3,000 miles (not kilo) per month.
    I usually finish 3 GB in around 4 days.... doesn't take much.... iPhones lure you into periods of endless consumption (not to mention that LTE network) and before you know it, you've exceeded 75% of your cap :/

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    I usually finish 3 GB in around 4 days.... doesn't take much.... iPhones lure you into periods of endless consumption (not to mention that LTE network) and before you know it, you've exceeded 75% of your cap :/
    Flow Needs to create a data plan for heavy Users like you LOL. I would use up 3GB in no time too, I'm a heavy YouTube user. That is why I advocate for Flow to allow unlimited YouTube Streaming. Are you a Apple IPhone Fanboy, or are you Hybrid between IOS and Android?.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    Flow Needs to create a data plan for heavy Users like you LOL. I would use up 3GB in no time too, I'm a heavy YouTube user. That is why I advocate for Flow to allow unlimited YouTube Streaming. Are you a Apple IPhone Fanboy, or are you Hybrid between IOS and Android?.
    LOL I've used both Android an iOS but now I'm exclusively iOS & MacOS.... for simplicity... and funny enough, so are many of the people I met at FLOW, in case you were wondering lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    LOL I've used both Android an iOS but now I'm exclusively iOS & MacOS.... for simplicity... and funny enough, so are many of the people I met at FLOW, in case you were wondering lol.
    LOL, OK. I always used to suspect that a lot of the workers at Flow are on Team IPhone, I have gotten my suspicions confirmed. I love Android, its way more better in my Opinion.

LOL, OK. I always used to suspect that a lot of the workers at Flow are on Team IPhone, I have gotten my suspicions confirmed. I love Android, its way more better in my Opinion.
    To each his own I guess... I've been in the Apple Ecosystem since as far back as 2007 so it would make sense that I'd want to stick with them. I do like alot of Android devices, particularly the S7 and S8.... very classy yet potent devices.

Going to provide some facts first before my argument

The majority usage of smartphones involve data and not phone calls.
    Streaming video accounts for more than 50% of internet traffic

Using the above, a mobile carrier would then make the most of their money from data in the coming years. What incentive would there be then to Whitelist traffic that would account for most of the data and hence revenue?

This would be similar to having an all you can eat buffet with Lobster on the menu. It would financially HURT!

Quote Originally Posted by psilos View Post
    Going to provide some facts first before my argument

The majority usage of smartphones involve data and not phone calls.
    Streaming video accounts for more than 50% of internet traffic

Using the above, a mobile carrier would then make the most of their money from data in the coming years. What incentive would there be then to Whitelist traffic that would account for most of the data and hence revenue?

This would be similar to having an all you can eat buffet with Lobster on the menu. It would financially HURT!
    Yeah thats true. But at least they could set it away that the data plan dont run out so quick, after streaming one YouTube video.

Yeah thats true. But at least they could set it away that the data plan dont run out so quick, after streaming one YouTube video.
    Others have done it so they can. That's what competition provides.. Competitive offers and prices