Page 57 of 83 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: Flow LTE

My speeds vary. Here are some screenshots.

Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    My speeds vary. Here are some screenshots.

This was done in Kingston? Mandeville? MoBay?

All tests done in Mandeville. Speeds vary - probably due to network saturation or something. I also don't know if they have direct fiber to their stations so especially when that gets used up it may drop at peak times. Then there's the load balancing / traffic management which absolutely sucks on the HFC. So - let's see.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    All tests done in Mandeville. Speeds vary - probably due to network saturation or something. I also don't know if they have direct fiber to their stations so especially when that gets used up it may drop at peak times. Then there's the load balancing / traffic management which absolutely sucks on the HFC. So - let's see.
    They likely have Fibre right to site especially in Mandeville. The speed hit during the day might be as a result of the traffic on HSPA+ rather than LTE. All access technologies share one backhaul which I’m thinking is somewhere near 500 Mbit/s ~ 1 Gbit/s depending on the site and the locale.

Don't know if anyone can help me. But my credit keeps getting reserved for data. Flow blames me for keeping data on. Even though my data is turned off. Customer care is useless, as they can't help me with the longstanding issue. This issue began in August, when I did a speed test on the LTE Network while it was in testing. I did so without activating a data plan. And forcing the device to connect to LTE. I told that to the CC agent. And they indicated that I should put the phone in 2G mode only. I really need any help I can get with this. My credit keeps getting reserved and taken away. I needed to make a call on Saturday, and could not. Because my credit was gone and reserved for data.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    Don't know if anyone can help me. But my credit keeps getting reserved for data. Flow blames me for keeping data on. Even though my data is turned off. Customer care is useless, as they can't help me with the longstanding issue. This issue began in August, when I did a speed test on the LTE Network while it was in testing. I did so without activating a data plan. And forcing the device to connect to LTE. I told that to the CC agent. And they indicated that I should put the phone in 2G mode only. I really need any help I can get with this. My credit keeps getting reserved and taken away. I needed to make a call on Saturday, and could not. Because my credit was gone and reserved for data.
    Only solution is to have them remove the data from the sim card from their end and give it a day and try adding it back

MoBay actually kind of shocked me. I had LTE on and off while in Mandeville it's strong and available in most places around the town. When LTE came up for a short time at one point my speed tests were 27.8Mb down and 8.9Mb up.

I had a Galaxy S6 and an iPhone 7+ in hand... the S6 clocked 70+Mbps but the iPhone was only getting 40+ ???

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    I had a Galaxy S6 and an iPhone 7+ in hand... the S6 clocked 70+Mbps but the iPhone was only getting 40+ ???
    Different antennas... iPhone 7 is known for poor cellular performance especially on Band 4, 7 and other high band frequencies. FLOW recently tuned performance on iPhone, most specifically in regard to LTE retention.

I just did a speed test on LTE in New Kingston and it looks like the network is under some heavy traffic. Even so, it manages to pump out near 30 Mbit/s. The upload was super solid though... that wideband LTE network was great thinking on their part!

Getting better upload than download lol ... Told you that once some load goes on Flow's network you would see the real speeds.

And Flow's load still wont be nowhere close to the load on Digicel...
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram