Page 80 of 83 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast

Thread: Flow LTE

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    For those of us who use iPhones and are on FLOW, iOS 13 also includes a nice little surprise from FLOW. They've included in their recent carrier update, support for Band 12 (and likely VoLTE, soon). Updated both my iPhone 8 Plus and my 6s and both getting LTE on Band 12 (700 MHz).

My 8 Plus in particular is aggregating Bands 2, 4 and 12 and are hitting upwards of 200+ Mbps. That addition of Band 12 makes LTE now practically ubiquitous!
    Good to know, thanks for sharing!
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

Would you believe me if I told you this was 2-Carrier Aggregation at 83% of its theoretical maximum speed on FLOW's AWS & PCS LTE layers? Band 12 wasn't even active as the tertiary component carrier here... They've done some tinkering recently, Band 4 is now being made the preferred Band again with Band 12 being lowest priority (thankfully). Happy to see FLOW's still cranking out insane speeds even as they have a raft of new subscribers consuming 70+ GB of video in some cases...

You alone get them speeds deh bredda.. I get nothing near that when me test Flow... lol
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    You alone get them speeds deh bredda.. I get nothing near that when me test Flow... lol
    I second that, while Mobile speeds depend on many variations. Such as distance from cell site, available technology on site, modem and chipset within phone. And external interference. I've never got similar speeds from Flow, not even in HWT.

Would you believe me if I told you this was 2-Carrier Aggregation at 83% of its theoretical maximum speed on FLOW's AWS & PCS LTE layers? Band 12 wasn't even active as the tertiary component carrier here... They've done some tinkering recently, Band 4 is now being made the preferred Band again with Band 12 being lowest priority (thankfully). Happy to see FLOW's still cranking out insane speeds even as they have a raft of new subscribers consuming 70+ GB of video in some cases...
    Flow have LTE/LTE-A in St Elizabeth, St Thomas and Westmoreland?. Also is it every April each year, they make major or minor changes or adjustments to their data plan offerings?.

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    This was on the Hip Strip, actually! Fastest I've ever gotten in Mobay (and Jamaica overall)...

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    Flow have LTE/LTE-A in St Elizabeth, St Thomas and Westmoreland?. Also is it every April each year, they make major or minor changes or adjustments to their data plan offerings?.
    They very much do... they should have about 95% LTE coverage islandwide thanks to Band 12 and... soon... even MORE speed as they've enabled MFBI on 1700/2100 MHz to enable coming bandwidth additions to AWS-3 Band 66 (confirmed by an intrepid user on Twitter who'd DM'd me some screenshots & new EARFCNs being reported by UEs). That should add another 15 MHz to the network's 20 MHz of baseline Band 4 spectrum... from the looks of things, FLOW's spectrum holdings will allow users to hit up to 1.2 Gbit/s given them enabling 4x4 MIMO & 256QAM on Bands 2, 4 & 66.

Exciting times ahead (hopefully).

What is y'alls take on FLOW new Unlimited Data Plans.

They went live with Prepaid & Postpaid Unlimited Data plans today, for $4900 + GCT

Do you think Digicel will respond with a counter offer soon?

Also, quick update: I'm seeing users reporting TDD LTE on Band 41 from FLOW -- likely being tested -- at MBJ Airport in Montego Bay. From the looks of things, they will likely buy the adjoining block of spectrum in Band 41/Band 7 (FDD) and deploy 10 MHz of Band 7 to start, and scale up to 20 MHz for more dense applications like within the Corporate Area and heavily traffic areas in urban centres. This follows the work being done on AWS-3 as well!

Just as Digicel thought they had the upper hand!
    Last edited by Brandysull; Feb 28, 2020 at 08:46 PM.

How much data allotment do they really give you before your reduced to 2g speeds on the new "unlimited" plan ?

What is y'alls take on FLOW new Unlimited Data Plans.

They went live with Prepaid & Postpaid Unlimited Data plans today, for $4900 + GCT

Do you think Digicel will respond with a counter offer soon?

Also, quick update: I'm seeing users reporting TDD LTE on Band 41 from FLOW -- likely being tested -- at MBJ Airport in Montego Bay. From the looks of things, they will likely buy the adjoining block of spectrum in Band 41/Band 7 (FDD) and deploy 10 MHz of Band 7 to start, and scale up to 20 MHz for more dense applications like within the Corporate Area and heavily traffic areas in urban centres. This follows the work being done on AWS-3 as well!

Just as Digicel thought they had the upper hand!
    I would like to know the FUPA on the new 30day unlimited plan. I would hope that Flow would not restrict user's too severely. Unless they are abusing Network resources. I would propose that the fair usage cap is placed at 200GB, when a user exceeds that. They are knock down to 3G for the duration of the plan.
    Also Flow could allow user's to have unlimited access to the network once the user isn't abusing the service via large downloads and gaming. And once the tower site the user is connected to isn't congested. I think it's a good plan, and one that will win over many customers. Digicel LTE Network cannot manage currently. They are still struggling in many locations across the Corporate area and around the country. As the optimize and increase speeds and capacity on all their sites, then maybe we will see a response from them.
    As for band 41, thought that belong to Digicel. Also Flow has many other LTE bands. Why would they need to buy more, is it that they are doing it to continually stay ahead of Digicel. Or they are preparing for a soft LTE pro or imitation 5G?. With all that capacity, I see no reason to go hardcore on Fair usage policy.
    What can you tell us about Digicel LTE expansion, they are really secretive about those information. So I guess you are Just as clueless as the rest of us. All in all, things see to be going great on the Mobile side. Fixed broadband services needs massive major upgrades and expansion. Flow needs to retire HFC within major urban areas across the country with fibre Optic service.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel_ View Post
    How much data allotment do they really give you before your reduced to 2g speeds on the new "unlimited" plan ?
    The plans do not have a limit or "high speed" allotment. According to their updated Fair Usage clause, it only goes to 2G speed when you use more than the average person on that specific tariff. They don't provide exact numbers as it's said to be dynamic. As net usage increases with users who are on unlimited tarrifs, you're far less likely to encounter 2G throttling. The fair usage limit just for YouTube, for instance, is ~50 GB. If that limit is extended to the entire plan, I don't suppose any normal user will come close to hitting 1/5th of fair usage.