Page 69 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Thread: Flow LTE

Same here in MoBay but I still have data service... E-Mails, iMessages and FaceTime Audio all works. The only issue is that I cannot make any voice calls over 3G. Also can't register on LTE but 3G is strangely super speedy... no voice traffic lol!

My service is back now... 2G, 3G & LTE are all back to normal. USSD is also back too.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    My service is back now... 2G, 3G & LTE are all back to normal. USSD is also back too.
    Someone needs to shed light as to what happened as other islands experienced slow browsing am told the same time. Could it have been a problem at their NOC? Often we are told just about technical issue without the details. This warrants the details.

Last time this happened back in the days I heard it was a trip of the wire in mobay that brought out Cayman islands as well as Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by 876 View Post
    Someone needs to shed light as to what happened as other islands experienced slow browsing am told the same time. Could it have been a problem at their NOC? Often we are told just about technical issue without the details. This warrants the details.

Last time this happened back in the days I heard it was a trip of the wire in mobay that brought out Cayman islands as well as Jamaica
    2 Things.... There was an update to the IMS Core & Billing Platforms (likely for enabling HD Voice or VoLTE) that failed; they had to roll it back. Also, there was a cable cut in Miami that had to be repaired throughout a 12 hour period casuing slowdowns in the Eastern Caribbean.

Service was down islandwide during the time, but some persons (myself included) had total service loss from the night before. It's up and working now but it was rather inconvenient.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    Service was down islandwide during the time, but some persons (myself included) had total service loss from the night before. It's up and working now but it was rather inconvenient.
    Yeah... the guys at Ericsson worked pretty fast to get things up and running. I don't know why they don't bother to send out advisories when major work is being done on the network. This does look a lot like how Verizon & T-Mobile had been back when they were deploying VoLTE; lots of voice network outages and even LTE outages too. For some it was partial (like me; had 3G & LTE data throughout the period) but for some it was a total outage (seemingly limited to those on the Ericsson platforms i.e. Kingston). It was nonetheless inconvenient; let's see if we'll get anything out of the investigation they pledged to do.

The made 3 posts about it on their Instagram page....

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Yea but choose not to be more open as what the issue is. They can be a bit more describive without going into detail. That way a timeline could be establish.

As I was up at 2am when the phone started dropping signals and then total service loss... Good thing I always have a Digicel beside me, don't trust none of the networks here... They don't know what customer service is
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    I’m speaking about an advisory as to upgrades are to be done on the network. Not an advisory about an outage after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    2 Things.... There was an update to the IMS Core & Billing Platforms (likely for enabling HD Voice or VoLTE) that failed; they had to roll it back. Also, there was a cable cut in Miami that had to be repaired throughout a 12 hour period casuing slowdowns in the Eastern Caribbean.
    OK so does this mean they have abandon the move to HD voice or VoLTE on the Network?. I'm guessing we won't be seeing HD voice this year then?.