Page 50 of 83 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: Flow LTE

they're positioning themselves as the premium mobile operator it seems.
    What do you mean by this exactly?

FLOW isn't really focusing on the average penny-pincher
    Really, But these people make up the largest segments of Flows mobile base. If focus is not on them, then how do they garner growth?.

but in order for them to actually earn money from their LTE networks, they have to go where the money is
    Where is this exactly?, I thought that the main chunk of the companies Mobile revenues, comes from the average and middle use subscribers of the Network.

It is for that exact reason why Digicel's LTE network hasn't taken off and sold well to the general public, because not everyone can afford an LTE device or a data plan to boot.
    I would have thought that the reason Digicels Network did not take off as planned, was because of the high cost to use the service. And the absent widespread marketing of the Network. Wasn't the reason for going LTE, is to offer faster speeds and reduce latency?. I do remember you, and other members on this forum indicating that Digicels Network is severely saturated and congested. So Digicels HSPA+ Network cannot cope with the intense demands it receives at times. I also remember another member on this site, indicating that handset prices are no longer a major issue. As more and more Jamaicans, are acquiring Premium Flagship devices. Digicel also offers reasonable data plans, including the unlimited social media add-on for subscribers to its 2 day plan. So most people can afford to utilize the most affordable data plans. So I'm not following you, when you say that "not everyone can afford a data plan". Even Flow and Digicel is offering entry level LTE devices.

Digicel make 99.9% of their money from people constantly buying 1-3 day plans lol

The other .1% they make from people who buy credit and don't have a data plan and them phone data on and credit eat off lol lol

The only reason Digicel is lagging is because Lime/Flow was of no treat to them so they never needed to roll out all the bells and whistles.. So now that Flow is looking somewhat competitive let's see how Digicel will battle..

Would love to get one a dem SIMs to test in my phone to find out whether it has a compatible band, really dont want to wait in their office for hrs only to find out it wont work
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Cloud Solutions. All rights reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
    Would love to get one a dem SIMs to test in my phone to find out whether it has a compatible band, really dont want to wait in their office for hrs only to find out it wont work
    What kind of phone are you using, and Which Network are you looking to test out?.

For Digicel, they operate on band 17 in the 700Mhz spectrum. Flow uses Band 4 AWS (1700/2100)Mhz.

To see if you're device is compatible, find out the model number and region from which you're device originated? You're phone must support 700Mhz frequency Band 17 and AWS (1700/2100) Band 4, these are the main LTE bands respectively for each of our local Networks. If you are using a US purchase device, AT&T, T-Mobile and in some cases Verizon use the same frequencies for LTE as Flow and Digicel.

You can also visit GSM arena and search for you're device and model number and see if it is LTE compatible with our local Networks. Once you have established that you're device is LTE compatible with Flow, you can go in and request an LTE SIM card. If you are a Flow mobile subscriber, they will upgrade and replace the SIM Card free of cost. If you are buying a SIM Card, the cost is $500.

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Digicel make 99.9% of their money from people constantly buying 1-3 day plans lol

The other .1% they make from people who buy credit and don't have a data plan and them phone data on and credit eat off lol lol

The only reason Digicel is lagging is because Lime/Flow was of no treat to them so they never needed to roll out all the bells and whistles.. So now that Flow is looking somewhat competitive let's see how Digicel will battle..
    Exactly, Digicel became a sleeping giant. When they overtook Flow to become the countries largest Mobile Carrier. Now that they are up against fierce competition from Flow. They have to and Must respond accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    What do you mean by this exactly?

Really, But these people make up the largest segments of Flows mobile base. If focus is not on them, then how do they garner growth?.

Where is this exactly?, I thought that the main chunk of the companies Mobile revenues, comes from the average and middle use subscribers of the Network.

I would have thought that the reason Digicels Network did not take off as planned, was because of the high cost to use the service. And the absent widespread marketing of the Network. Wasn't the reason for going LTE, is to offer faster speeds and reduce latency?. I do remember you, and other members on this forum indicating that Digicels Network is severely saturated and congested. So Digicels HSPA+ Network cannot cope with the intense demands it receives at times. I also remember another member on this site, indicating that handset prices are no longer a major issue. As more and more Jamaicans, are acquiring Premium Flagship devices. Digicel also offers reasonable data plans, including the unlimited social media add-on for subscribers to its 2 day plan. So most people can afford to utilize the most affordable data plans. So I'm not following you, when you say that "not everyone can afford a data plan". Even Flow and Digicel is offering entry level LTE devices.
    Again, I reiterate, the capacity of an LTE network is vast and as such is able to accomodate a great number of people. RGUs are generated when people take out 30 day plans OR monthly lines of service; of which FLOW is targetting to grow by 30,000 by the end of this financial year. Unlimited is a premium service and so is LTE... 1 or 2 data plans are not favoured at all by neither mobile companies & quite frankly they'd rather everyone take out 30 day prepaid plans. You will be seeing soon the elimination of these bite sized plans as Jamaican's incomes increase and network investment rallies further. A 275 MB data plan on an LTE network is a big joke. Prices will be increasing and plans will be revised... moving towards 30 day tariffs with bigger data allotments and higher quality services like HD Voice, VoLTE, Visual Voicemail etc. etc. etc. The old ways of doing things are going away.......

1 or 2 data plans are not favoured at all by neither mobile companies
    Yes, That is true, but currently our economic situation is not favorable to most people. So a lot of Jamaicans can really only afford the two day plans. But as you indicated, as well as data from the Central Bank and STATIN. Incomes are rising, and so too are demands for premium goods and services.

quite frankly they'd rather everyone take out 30 day prepaid plans
    Yes, nothing could be further from the truth.

A 275 MB data plan on an LTE network is a big joke.
    Definitely, this is very factual indeed. I remember doing two speed test on the LTE Network with the 2 day service. And it ran out so fast, I had less that 20MB left.

higher quality services like HD Voice, VoLTE, Visual Voicemail etc. etc. etc. The old ways of doing things are going away.......
    You really think that they will move to VoLTE or HD Voice anytime soon?, that would be great. But wouldn't User Equipment need to be change because of compatibility issues?.

Unlimited is a premium service
    I wonder though base on what you're saying. Unlimited wont be available for prepaid customers?, seeing that Prepaid customers use data when they want. How will they put together a unlimited data plan for prepaid users. I just hope that they will allow unlimited Youtube and Netflix streaming with all their premium data plans.
    Last edited by Nathan77791; Oct 20, 2017 at 04:45 PM.

Unlimited steaming would not be feasable...

Chances are PrePaid plans soon phase out..

Not completely but they'll become much more analogous to Postpaid plans in a sense.

Its feasible in the US, but I understand that here in Jamaica things are different. I don't think prepaid is going away anytime soon. A lot of people don't like paying bills, so I don' think they will terminate prepaid just yet. They probably reform how it works, such as combo plans, similar to what they have now in the other islands.