Page 45 of 83 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: Flow LTE

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    Hey brandysull, has Flow open the LTE Network to the Public in Montego Bay and Ocho Rios Yet?. August is almost out, so I wonder whats taking them so long?.
    Not yet.... I'm leaving MoBay on Friday and won't be back for a while so hopefully by then it'll be up and running when I get back. They are doing some work on 3G though so I suppose they're finishing up the work on that before they put the sites 'on-air'. If not now, it's September or late October when they light up all the sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    Not yet.... I'm leaving MoBay on Friday and won't be back for a while so hopefully by then it'll be up and running when I get back. They are doing some work on 3G though so I suppose they're finishing up the work on that before they put the sites 'on-air'. If not now, it's September or late October when they light up all the sites.
    OK, thanks for the update. It seems they just want to make one go with everything. And ensure that they have no problem at launch.

OK, thanks for the update. It seems they just want to make one go with everything. And ensure that they have no problem at launch.
    The only way flow can compete with digicel is to offer unlimited lte data to Postpaid with some fair usage policy or such. Cause the u limited calling from Digicel to flow is a game Changer. Why would anyone pay so much for flow postpaid and still don't get enough data yet no free calls smh

Quote Originally Posted by 876 View Post
    The only way flow can compete with digicel is to offer unlimited lte data to Postpaid with some fair usage policy or such. Cause the u limited calling from Digicel to flow is a game Changer. Why would anyone pay so much for flow postpaid and still don't get enough data yet no free calls smh
    I agree, however Flow has taken steps to offer free data for other apps. While this is not enough, no way near enough. I don't really understand why Flow cannot offer a unlimited data plan. And charge for it, they could make it available to postpaid subscriber's as you have suggested. I am a YouTube addict, I need to stream videos and movies on the go. Nother Digicel or Flow would offer a plan with such features. We don't expect it for free, so they should create unlimited and streaming data plans and charge for it.

I agree, however Flow has taken steps to offer free data for other apps. While this is not enough, no way near enough. I don't really understand why Flow cannot offer a unlimited data plan. And charge for it, they could make it available to postpaid subscriber's as you have suggested. I am a YouTube addict, I need to stream videos and movies on the go. Nother Digicel or Flow would offer a plan with such features. We don't expect it for free, so they should create unlimited and streaming data plans and charge for it.

They could've offered unlimited fixed wireless lte similar to how they had the landline express or home phone express products which locked the device to the two nearest towers. They just backward and don't listen. Why spend millions running fibre that only 20,person in most cases in some communities really pay for when you could simply offer unlimited lte fixed and focus on areas where the need is greater for fixed landline broadband.

They need a new direction cause if u realise what is happening they have so many services and so many different networks and platforms that they confused as they still can't finish this network integration of LIME and flow

Well I must be dreaming, am I dreaming?. I hope not, I notice that the signal to my phone was down for most of the day. I thought nothing of it, as I said its just one of those days. Anyway I notice I could not make calls, when I get calls the are dropped instantly. I said to myself something must be wrong. Just this evening I notice that my phone signal was back, but I had only two bars. I went into my connection settings and sawed that my phone is now on 850Mhz and I am getting LTE from Flow.

I have to say, I am indeed happy. Did not expect this to come so soon. I remember brandysull telling me he was sure that LTE would reach me at my home. I am wondering if he knew, but didnt want to say anything because he wanted me to experience the surprise?. Anyway, have not done a speed test as yet. No credit LOL, signal coverage is in the Three Miles/Spanish Town Road area, Kingston 11. If I still have LTE tomorrow, I will try and do a speed test.

Well I must say I am disappointed, the LTE Signal is gone. And I am back on HSPA+ and 1900Mhz. I guess this is a test of the Network right?. I should be able to get it back here, when they decided to have it open to the Public fully. My phone signal is back up to 5 bars. What do you guys think?.

Well I must be dreaming, am I dreaming?. I hope not, I notice that the signal to my phone was down for most of the day. I thought nothing of it, as I said its just one of those days. Anyway I notice I could not make calls, when I get calls the are dropped instantly. I said to myself something must be wrong. Just this evening I notice that my phone signal was back, but I had only two bars. I went into my connection settings and sawed that my phone is now on 850Mhz and I am getting LTE from Flow.

http://i.imgur.com/B6bVMQm.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/qx17Iem.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/KVQFxR8.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/6ikYxOl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Dn8mYwI.jpg

I have to say, I am indeed happy. Did not expect this to come so soon. I remember brandysull telling me he was sure that LTE would reach me at my home. I am wondering if he knew, but didnt want to say anything because he wanted me to experience the surprise?. Anyway, have not done a speed test as yet. No credit LOL, signal coverage is in the Three Miles/Spanish Town Road area, Kingston 11. If I still have LTE tomorrow, I will try and do a speed test.
    Of course I knew LTE was going to be in your neck of the woods, FLOW had said they're covering the entire Kingstion city in coverage so... yeah, you were bound to get it! As for it disappearing, it might very well be due to testing but I do expect it to be up very soon. Ericsson has a excellent track record with getting sites on air on or before the targeted date. As for the other side of the island, still in testing... I suppose the acceptance testing probably revealed the obvious, they have large coverage holes for 3G in Montego Bay, Ocho Rios and Mandeville... of course, I'm not saying that's the actual reason why it's delayed but it does make sense as they've turned up the transmission power on every site in the area. I myself am seeing a 15% improvement in RSSI (not that it has any bearing on site throughput or capacity, just coverage, voice coverage... which is what we want from 3G when we configure CSFB procedures during an LTE rollout). Doing fallbacks to 2G require a lot more in terms of configuration & optimization... which is why I think they've paused progress and, again I reiterate, are working on improving 3G coverage. The necessity of doing so cannot be stressed enough... in fact, their LTE network coverage in MoBay actually bests their 3G 1900 MHz layer and in some cases, even 850 MHz as well!
    Last edited by Brandysull; Aug 24, 2017 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    Of course I knew LTE was going to be in your neck of the woods, FLOW had said they're covering the entire Kingstion city in coverage so... yeah, you were bound to get it! As for it disappearing, it might very well be due to testing but I do expect it to be up very soon. Ericsson has a excellent track record with getting sites on air on or before the targeted date. As for the other side of the island, still in testing... I suppose the acceptance testing probably revealed the obvious, they have large coverage holes for 3G in Montego Bay, Ocho Rios and Mandeville... of course, I'm not saying that's the actual reason why it's delayed but it does make sense as they've turned up the transmission power on every site in the area. I myself am seeing a 15% improvement in RSSI (not that it has any bearing on site throughput or capacity, just coverage, voice coverage... which is what we want from 3G when we configure CSFB procedures during an LTE rollout). Doing fallbacks to 2G require a lot more in terms of configuration & optimization... which is why I think they've paused progress and, again I reiterate, are working on improving 3G coverage. The necessity of doing so cannot be stressed enough... in fact, their LTE network coverage in MoBay actually bests their 3G 1900 MHz layer and in some cases, even 850 MHz as well!
    OK, I hope it does come back. i was really excited and then it just went away after awhile. I felt like a little kid seeing his ice cream blown off really fast from the cone. I do wonder why they just turned it on, and then off?. I guest September will be the month when they fully open it to the public.

Well, it seems FLOW's been doing some work on 3G in the interim... Take a look at this screenshot

The upload peaked at 4.59 Mbit/s (5.7 Mbit/s is the max speed of HSUPA)... something I'd never seen on the network even a year ago, when they had DC-HSDPA active. It even bested the upload speed on an LTE speedtest I did (albeit on REALLY poor signal)

I've even noticed a dramatic decrease in ping times across their network... on either sides of the island. In addition, LTE's been a bit wonky as of recent. My device couldn't even register on LTE at all (I suspected it was an issue with the MoBay Core network and the Kingston Core Network & the HLR/VLR lookups).

My mind tells me that they're doing some major work (AGAIN) on the network apart from LTE upgrades... sites from the December 2016 light-up are getting hammered with traffic and so it seems FLOW will soon have to open the flood gates on capacity and perhaps do some sector splits pretty soon!
    Last edited by Brandysull; Aug 27, 2017 at 02:15 AM.