Page 51 of 83 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Flow LTE

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    Not completely but they'll become much more analogous to Postpaid plans in a sense.
    Phase out in the sense that if you want unlimited talk or data you are gonna have to take out some kinda month-to-month plan..

Prepaid will just be for people who really just mainly need to receive call and nothing else..
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Phase out in the sense that if you want unlimited talk or data you are gonna have to take out some kinda month-to-month plan..

Prepaid will just be for people who really just mainly need to receive call and nothing else..
    I agree with you... both carriers are making the move the postpaid pretty easy and are incentivising the move as well. Prepaid will stick around (as it does in the US) but who knows. I mean, FLOW already has limits on data speeds for Prepaid customers whereas Postpaid users get full access so yeah, the change is coming.

I am wondering if Flow, will offer 2 or 7 day unlimited data plan. With no restrictions, as Bmobile does in T&T?. Bmobile there offers 2 day unlimited data plan with only FUPA enforce, and streaming bitrate capped at 512Kbps. What do you guys think?.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    What kind of phone are you using, and Which Network are you looking to test out?.

For Digicel, they operate on band 17 in the 700Mhz spectrum. Flow uses Band 4 AWS (1700/2100)Mhz.

To see if you're device is compatible, find out the model number and region from which you're device originated? You're phone must support 700Mhz frequency Band 17 and AWS (1700/2100) Band 4, these are the main LTE bands respectively for each of our local Networks. If you are using a US purchase device, AT&T, T-Mobile and in some cases Verizon use the same frequencies for LTE as Flow and Digicel.

You can also visit GSM arena and search for you're device and model number and see if it is LTE compatible with our local Networks. Once you have established that you're device is LTE compatible with Flow, you can go in and request an LTE SIM card. If you are a Flow mobile subscriber, they will upgrade and replace the SIM Card free of cost. If you are buying a SIM Card, the cost is $500.
    Thanks, I have a zenfone 3 (Taiwan version) so i'm out of luck, the USA version would work
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Cloud Solutions. All rights reserved.

I'm noticing that the upgrades are causing issues for some phones. My wife had major problems browsing and checks with PingTools showed that she had an IP but no Internet access. Rebooting also didn't help (think she got back the same IP). Had to use an app to refresh the connection before she could browse again. Think it may be the constant switching between LTE and regular 4G that's doing it.......
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    I'm noticing that the upgrades are causing issues for some phones. My wife had major problems browsing and checks with PingTools showed that she had an IP but no Internet access. Rebooting also didn't help (think she got back the same IP). Had to use an app to refresh the connection before she could browse again. Think it may be the constant switching between LTE and regular 4G that's doing it.......
    Between handoffs from LTE to 4G the device releases the RRC connection and re-establishes with the network i.e. the Internal IP address remains the same but the external IP address changes. I think that's the issue

Still not getting LTE on ma device in Mobay... Got LTE in Kingston thou...

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
    Thanks, I have a zenfone 3 (Taiwan version) so i'm out of luck, the USA version would work
    You're Welcome, Sorry you're device isn't compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Still not getting LTE on ma device in Mobay... Got LTE in Kingston thou...
    Really, I thought that Mobays LTE coverage was fully live from the 18th?. Did you check to see if you're device is compatible, make sure you have one for the recent Sim Cards.

Note I said I get LTE in Kingston....