Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Vertical sync and screen-tearing

Quote Originally Posted by Powpow View Post
    It does have a slight advantage but not that much. Based on what I've read it's really the monitor manufacturers that it's up to for supporting either technology on their panels. Since Nvidia currently has the largest market share then you know they would get first preference because, business. They were also the first to have such technology and it was marketed quite well, so majority of gamers only know or care about Gsync at the moment.

Once AMD gets back a large portion of the market then Freesync will be the thing and Gsync will finally become affordable .

Also can checkout the reddit thread on this topic:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/co...sync_vs_gsync/
    That's stating issues with the monitor. Not the technology. If you buy a cheap freesync mon it or thrn what you expect. Feature wise freesync is better than gsync, has low fps wall down to 60fps. and requires no proprietary hardware.

Not that I would play a game at 6fps
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    Can you explain how is G-Sync the better option?

I know both tech inside out and I didn't see an advantage over adaptive sync (Freesync).
    What powpow said, The reason why i said that G-sync is better is because Nvidia Gpu's function better overall and with the added technology it would be better than Freesync
    Car Audio and PC Enthusiast. System Specs:CPU:Intel-Core i7 4790k 4Ghz quad-core processor, COOLER: Corsair H80i V2, MOBO:MSI Z97A Gaming 7, RAM:Kingston Savage 16gb (2x8) 1866mhz, SSD:Samsung 850 evo-series 250gb, HDD:WD black 7200rpm 1tb, GPU:MSI geforce GTX 980ti gaming 6G, CASE:Corsair carbide 230t black, PSU:EVGA 850W G2 80+GOLD.

Quote Originally Posted by cushman View Post
    What powpow said, The reason why i said that G-sync is better is because Nvidia Gpu's function better overall and with the added technology it would be better than Freesync
    Wut?

Please elaborate.

Nvidia GPu function better in what way?

The hole is getting deep.

what does your 980ti does that my fury X doesn't. I can name stuff your 980ti cant do that my Fury X can.

EDIT:

Nvidia's GPU are fast. That's about it. If you are after technology when buying GPU then you are buying the wrong brand. AMD gpu always had more technology than NVidia's. That has never changed and will continue with pascal and Polaris.

Not trying to change your mind on what gpu you prefer. But if you are about technology packed gpu, you are buying the wrong one.

Nvidia cards are only viable for the now.
    Last edited by pezz; Jun 28, 2016 at 09:14 AM.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Wut?

Please elaborate.

Nvidia GPu function better in what way?

The hole is getting deep.

what does your 980ti does that my fury X doesn't. I can name stuff your 980ti cant do that my Fury X can.

EDIT:

Nvidia's GPU are fast. That's about it. If you are after technology when buying GPU then you are buying the wrong brand. AMD gpu always had more technology than NVidia's. That has never changed and will continue with pascal and Polaris.

Not trying to change your mind on what gpu you prefer. But if you are about technology packed gpu, you are buying the wrong one.

Nvidia cards are only viable for the now.
    OK pezz me see the pree say you with the red team but am with neither, And out of all the reviews i've read and benchmark videos i've seen red team always fall short! Both against Intel and Nvidia, I respect the fact that AMD is always the first to introduce new tech like HBM, I was considering to buy the furyx but after seeing the specs of the card it was a no go for me, 4Gb of vram on a high-end card nowadays is utter bs! yeah it has alot of tech packed into it and it still doesn't translate to better game play experience that's why i bought the 980ti cause it worth the $650 more than the furyx. Amd jack of all trades master of non!
    Last edited by cushman; Jul 24, 2016 at 04:40 AM.
    Car Audio and PC Enthusiast. System Specs:CPU:Intel-Core i7 4790k 4Ghz quad-core processor, COOLER: Corsair H80i V2, MOBO:MSI Z97A Gaming 7, RAM:Kingston Savage 16gb (2x8) 1866mhz, SSD:Samsung 850 evo-series 250gb, HDD:WD black 7200rpm 1tb, GPU:MSI geforce GTX 980ti gaming 6G, CASE:Corsair carbide 230t black, PSU:EVGA 850W G2 80+GOLD.

OK pezz me see the pree say you with the red team but am with neither, And out of all the reviews i've read and benchmark videos i've seen red team always fall short! Both against Intel and Nvidia, I respect the fact that AMD is always the first to introduce new tech like HBM, I was considering to buy the furyx but after seeing the specs of the card it was a no go for me, 4Gb of vram on a high-end card nowadays is utter bs! yeah it has alot of tech packed into it and it still doesn't translate to better game play experience that's why i bought the 980ti cause it worth the $650 more than the furyx. Amd jack of trades master of non!
    Maybe you should watch some videos on NVidia and DX12.....and AMD cards age waaaaaay better than Nvidia.
    Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often -Anonymous.......

Quote Originally Posted by topanaris View Post
    Maybe you should watch some videos on NVidia and DX12.....and AMD cards age waaaaaay better than Nvidia.
    I've seen them and the only way AMD age better is because Nvidia stop put out drivers for their older cards while AMD still does, And every member of the red team i talk to all them sing pon a DX12 and them still a use windows 7! And am sure Nvidia will put out drivers to support DX12 even though they have been putting out crappy drivers for Maxwell cards since last year.

OK pezz me see the pree say you with the red team but am with neither, And out of all the reviews i've read and benchmark videos i've seen red team always fall short! Both against Intel and Nvidia, I respect the fact that AMD is always the first to introduce new tech like HBM, I was considering to buy the furyx but after seeing the specs of the card it was a no go for me, 4Gb of vram on a high-end card nowadays is utter bs! yeah it has alot of tech packed into it and it still doesn't translate to better game play experience that's why i bought the 980ti cause it worth the $650 more than the furyx. Amd jack of trades master of non!
    Its not about red vs green. I don't argue on what I prefer.

You said Nvidia cards are better. Which is completely false. That is fact.

a gtx 1080 still doesn't have technology a 7970. Sure the gtx 1080 is faster.

Nvidia makes hack and slash gpu. AMD makes them properly. Everything on AMD gpu has dedicated hardware, while Nvidia does everything through gpu cores. So if a game decides to use a lot of one thing it affects the whole performance.

Also about the 4GB ram.... AMD has special intructions in drivers for fury's HBM ram.

At 4k the GTX 980ti is only 2% faster and at 1440p it is a tie. Not sure where you get that GTX 980ti is much faster.
    performance summary: https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/...80_SLI/20.html

Step in DX 12 and GTX 980ti is as slow as a 290x and a Fury x is way ahead.

That is what happens when you don't make gpu properly and only make them for the now.

As for Gsync vs Freesync. I am interested in none of them, because I am interested in maintaining constant 60fps or above. So variable refresh rate isn't interesting to me. I just jumped on it because of your statement and pow's statement which isn't true.

I've seen them and the only way AMD age better is because Nvidia stop put out drivers for their older cards while AMD still does, And every member of the red team i talk to all them sing pon a DX12 and them still a use windows 7! And am sure Nvidia will put out drivers to support DX12 even though they have been putting out crappy drivers for Maxwell cards since last year.

Why not sing on dx12 isn't it the future? get out the past. Everyone sang on dx 9, 10 and 11. So why skip the singing for dx12? Oh because Nvidia isn't good at it.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

Why are you guys debating about the AMD vs Nvidia thing again? Money talks and Nvidia has a lot of it which they are also using to develop software's to make your gaming experiences 'better'. Heck the Ceo (Jen-Hsun Huang) himself even mentioned the figures:

AMD on the other hand is for budget gamers and as some of us know their APU's are in consoles and as weak as they are in most new triple A games, they still sell well because it's affordable and if Vulkan becomes mainstream in the future it will help them even further. This is the same strategy AMD is using with their 480 series and if all goes well for them, then they will be able to pump out those billions on projects like Nvidia in no time.
    Last edited by Powpow; Jun 28, 2016 at 05:49 PM.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Quote Originally Posted by Powpow View Post
    Why are you guys debating about the AMD vs Nvidia thing again? Money talks and Nvidia has a lot of it which they are also using to develop software's to make your gaming experiences 'better'. Heck the Ceo (Jen-Hsun Huang) himself even mentioned the figures:

AMD on the other hand is for budget gamers and as some of us know their APU's are in consoles and as weak as they are in most new triple A games, they still sell well because it's affordable and if Vulkan becomes mainstream in the future it will help them even further. This is the same strategy AMD is using with their 480 series and if all goes well for them, then they will be able to pump out those billions on projects like Nvidia in no time.
    Who cares who have more money? You have shares in Nvidia?

I dont have shares in Nvidia or AMD. So it matters zero to me who have more money.

Money well spent making gaming experience good for 6 months lol.

Look who Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo and Apple chose.... AMD. That says alot.

You bought a budget GPU and talking bout AMD is for Budget gamers LOL. FuryX cost just as much as 980ti Mr budget gamer. Fury Duo is $1500 Mr Budget gamer.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

Who cares who have more money? You have shares in Nvidia?

I dont have shares in Nvidia or AMD. So it matters zero to me who have more money.

Money well spent making gaming experience good for 6 months lol.

Look who Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo and Apple chose.... AMD. That says alot.

You bought a budget GPU and talking bout AMD is for Budget gamers LOL. FuryX cost just as much as 980ti Mr budget gamer. Fury Duo is $1500 Mr Budget gamer.

6 months? What are you talking about? And I did mention that the AMD APU's are cheap, thus the reason they are used in most graphics devices...
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow