Thread: Firebase

Default Firebase

I discovered Firebase by Google, last night.

It is a data storage structure than can provide similar functionality to a database, but highly different from a database.

Anyone here uses it?

This could help a lot of people with website/app/game development.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

I had used it before, the first version before Google bought them, when I was looking at AngularJS. It is mostly used for JavaScript based SPA built using frameworks such as Angular, Ember and Meteor. However it can be used with other frameworks such as Rails and Laravel via DB wrappers. For what it is, it works well considering that it takes care of background tasks such as CRUD and Auth for you.

With all that said, it comes with the caveat that its a Google acquired business, so longevity of the platform should be considered.
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by gW33Zy View Post
    I had used it before, the first version before Google bought them, when I was looking at AngularJS. It is mostly used for JavaScript based SPA built using frameworks such as Angular, Ember and Meteor. However it can be used with other frameworks such as Rails and Laravel via DB wrappers. For what it is, it works well considering that it takes care of background tasks such as CRUD and Auth for you.

With all that said, it comes with the caveat that its a Google acquired business, so longevity of the platform should be considered.
    I built my own php/MySQL server to support my apps in development.

If I had known about this I probably wouldnt have.

Happy I have my own server independent of other services though.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

If I decide to pickup Ionic or React Native development I would use FireBase though. If Google decide the FireBase thing isn't working out, I would migrate to Postgres JSON store or CouchDB
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

Google has expanded Firebase to be much much more that the core Real-time Database product. It now also includes Authentication, Push messaging, Analytics and a lot more. I've tested out most of the APIs so far and even though it's not perfect I'm already sold. You can use as little or as much of the services as you'd like and as such don't have to be tied into the entire ecosystem if you don't want to. For the app I'm currently working on I'm using Cloud Messaging (for push), Authentication (mainly because I'm using Storage and Database), Storage (for user files that don't need processing on server) Analytics and Real-time database (for private user data that doesn't need additional processing).
    "Fortune Favors the Bold" -Virgil

Quote Originally Posted by sumo View Post
    Google has expanded Firebase to be much much more that the core Real-time Database product. It now also includes Authentication, Push messaging, Analytics and a lot more. I've tested out most of the APIs so far and even though it's not perfect I'm already sold. You can use as little or as much of the services as you'd like and as such don't have to be tied into the entire ecosystem if you don't want to. For the app I'm currently working on I'm using Cloud Messaging (for push), Authentication (mainly because I'm using Storage and Database), Storage (for user files that don't need processing on server) Analytics and Real-time database (for private user data that doesn't need additional processing).
    Oh ok hmm.

i will try it one of these days.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup