Thread: Xbox One S vs Xbox One: Specs compared – release date, price confirmed

Default Xbox One S vs Xbox One: Specs compared – release date, price confirmed

Xbox One S is 40% smaller, has built-in power supply

The Xbox One S is 40% smaller than the original. This much we pretty much knew already thanks to all the numerous leaks, but it's great news all the same.

Such a reduction in size should be welcomed by many, as the original Xbox One is nothing short of a beast. At 333mm x 276mm x 78mm, it dominates the comparatively slight PS4, and not in a good way.

Watch Xbox One S: Everything you need to know

What's doubly impressive, however, is the power supply is now built-in. This is a huge improvement because the old, bulky power brick on the Xbox One was a serious pain.

So, 40% smaller and no bulky power supply? Thanks Microsoft – we like that.

4K Ultra HD, 4K Blu-ray and High Dynamic Range support

This is huge. Not only does the Xbox One S support 4K video playback from streaming services like Netflix and Amazon, it also has a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray built-in.

This is especially good news for AV fans and the announced $299/£249 starting price makes it good value compared to dedicated Ultra HD players currently on the market, which at this time cost anywhere from £400 to £650.

In fact, if you have a 4K TV, we'd argue it's a must-have to enjoy the full potential of your TV.
    Read more at http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinio...rYuUSEA2CE3.99
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

OK, looks nice but where are the "specs compared" that you promised me? Its a 4k box for people who have 4k stuff. Will they discontinue the old xbone?