Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: FLOW To Deliver Faster Internet But Mum on Timeline

Quote Originally Posted by brinnob View Post
    i was surprised myself, however a did a speedtest several times to confirm. i notised that in the modem the connection speed shows 22000 k down and 23000 k up. i didnt know dsl was capable of such high speeds till i saw a friend of mine in the states with at&t get 25mbps on dsl
    Flow using VDSL in some locations. My Friends modem is syncing at 100mbps speedtest gave 93mbps but I'm told its just some testing for some new service they are planning to offer soon.

Quote Originally Posted by dspjm28 View Post
    Flow using VDSL in some locations. My Friends modem is syncing at 100mbps speedtest gave 93mbps but I'm told its just some testing for some new service they are planning to offer soon.

The issue is that they planing to bring tv over copper so am thinking they trying to see what speed the end user will get

Well since this morning i have been getting 20.41mbps down and 1.98mbps up.Hope it remains

By the way i am in Alexander Park St Thomas

Wow 20.41mbps down and 1.98mbps up over Lime DSL is impressive, good for you. Only thing I see increasing for me on Flow is their prices, new round of price increase to hit come June 1st, not pleased at all with the short notice from them.

I can't wait for Digicel Fibre to be available in the Old Harbour area.

Paying too much for crappy service.
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

Where are things with Liberty Global now? Hoping that they will actually roll out FTTH instead of this HFC - or even FTTN would be nice.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    Where are things with Liberty Global now? Hoping that they will actually roll out FTTH instead of this HFC - or even FTTN would be nice.
    Look up GIGAWorld from Liberty Global. HFC has plenty of life in it thanks to DOCSIS 3.1. I suppose new deployments will take the form of FTTH seeing that they're doing FTTN with VDSL2. Liberty wants all their networks to have the ability to provide super fast connectivity to every one of their customers apparently... We'll have to wait and see here in Jamaica.

Quote Originally Posted by brinnob View Post
    Well since this morning i have been getting 20.41mbps down and 1.98mbps up.Hope it remains
    Not sure if that's VDSL2 or ADSL2+

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    HFC is basically already FTTN, as the fibre goes to their optical nodes and its COAX to your yard for the last mile. It has far more bandwidth available that e copper phone lines they are wringing out to provide VDSL.