Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 49

Thread: E3 2016 - death of consoles

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,078
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Zelda looks next gen. Long pokemon presentation though.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rPxiXXxftE
    Last edited by owen; Jun 14, 2016 at 11:36 AM.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,078
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Everybody is pretty in love with zelda and the surrealistic cellshading - AGAIN!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ze05xdORvYs

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,860
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    ^ says the guy that never liked consoles from day one. why talk about switch now?
    I started console gaming in Nes days with Duck Hunt as that toy gun was pretty cool innovation from Nintendo. Played Mario as well and ofcourse became hooked. Also played the Snes until finally owning my first console, the Nintendo 64 and best thing about it was being able to play 4 player games with my friends. Course we all grew up and PC gaming is the most convenient thing now since we all over the place.


    Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    Everybody is pretty in love with zelda and the surrealistic cellshading - AGAIN!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ze05xdORvYs
    It's always been about the gameplay and Zelda never disappoints in that department.
    Current Android - HTC One M9+
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus Z77 -A | Processor: Intel Core i7-3770K (Overclocked to 4.2 ghz) | Memory: 2x 4gig Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1600mhz | Video Card: Asus Strix GTX 970 (1500mhz O.C) | Monitor: BenQ Zowie XL2411P 24inch 144Hz | Steam ID --> Powpow

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,078
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Well microsoft said that all its Xbox games will get a windows release or something along that line. I rather invest in consoles that PCs because I do work on PCs.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,073
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Can we all just admit this, Nintendo is kinda like that ugly girl that liked you in high school who had the awesome personality. You didnt want her, but she is so nice you want her to find someone, even thoughit pains you, because deep down you know she might not.

    I am pretty sure some of earlier and most memorable gaming memories (I know some of you guys are ancient on here - component set really!) started with a NES or SNES controller, and we have this little bond with Nintendo, we want them to succeed - we want them to do well. I was in denial for a while but Nintendo needs to realize their value does not like in making consoles anymore it lies in their IP.

    Personally I see the new Zelda and I am like yaaaaa that looks awesome - I think I will get it when it goes on sale on Steam.....oh yeah right...... um..... ok. And then there is Pokemon.........

    Out of sheer brand loyalty and nothing else I would buy the NX but I wont if it isnt at least on par spec wise with the New PS4 and XBone.

    So for me nothing at this E3 made be feel any better about Nintendo....its pretty much the same.


    I guess another way to look at Nintendo is the 57 year old woman who still thinks she is 23 despite that be 4 kids with no exercise and 2 miles worth of cellulite and stretch marks ago...
    Last edited by topanaris; Jun 16, 2016 at 09:25 AM.
    Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often -Anonymous.......

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    952
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by topanaris View Post
    Can we all just admit this, Nintendo is kinda like that ugly girl that liked you in high school who had the awesome personality. You didnt want her, but she is so nice you want her to find someone, even thoughit pains you, because deep down you know she might not.

    I am pretty sure some of earlier and most memorable gaming memories (I know some of you guys are ancient on here - component set really!) started with a NES or SNES controller, and we have this little bond with Nintendo, we want them to succeed - we want them to do well. I was in denial for a while but Nintendo needs to realize their value does not like in making consoles anymore it lies in their IP.

    Personally I see the new Zelda and I am like yaaaaa that looks awesome - I think I will get it when it goes on sale on Steam.....oh yeah right...... um..... ok. And then there is Pokemon.........

    Out of sheer brand loyalty and nothing else I would buy the NX but I wont if it isnt at least on par spec wise with the New PS4 and XBone.

    So for me nothing at this E3 made be feel any better about Nintendo....its pretty much the same.


    I guess another way to look at Nintendo is the 57 year old woman who still thinks she is 23 despite that be 4 kids with no exercise and 2 miles worth of cellulite and stretch marks ago...
    For me the girl in high school wasn't ugly, its just that her 2 friends were hotter looking. So I picked one of the hotter friend. Oh Lord, had I known. Now Nintendo is the hottest of them, better education, better job, better everything. The other 2 friends pop down now and look basic.

    These metaphors and analogies though...
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,073
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I take your point. What about E3 that has you getting excited about Nintendo? So far I have seen absolutely nothing.

    You see I realize we now view Nintendo as we viewed our former Prime Minister whenever she has to address the public, because our expectations are so low once it is not a colossal failure we say its a win.

    All Nintendo gave us last E3 was Pokken Tournament and Pokemon.... thats it.... and this year its Zelda and Pokemon... thats it.

    So I will have to respectfully disagree with you. She is still ugly, the personality is still nice......................... but she is still ugly, well at this moment in time anyways.
    Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often -Anonymous.......

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    952
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    The new Zelda game killed everything on show from MS and Sony. It is the most talked about game at this year's E3.



    However I won't buy a WiiU/NX just to play 1 game.
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,073
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gW33Zy View Post
    The new Zelda game killed everything on show from MS and Sony. It is the most talked about game at this year's E3.



    However I won't buy a WiiU/NX just to play 1 game.
    Ding ding ding ding ding, my point exactly.
    Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often -Anonymous.......

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    952
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by topanaris View Post
    Ding ding ding ding ding, my point exactly.
    Yuh win! Tek di pints!

    Differently, the one thing I am excited about is that I may not need to buy a XBOX because I use a PC that is running Windows 10. Yuh know how long mi waan play a Forza game?!
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •