Thread: Windows Password Recovery Software

Default Windows Password Recovery Software

So I was contacted by a Chinese software company to review their Windows password recovery software, and to be honest I am really not sure why I had no idea that these programs existed. Am pretty sure that some of you guys know about similar programs, but even after writing the review am still questioning why it was so easy for this program to change my windows password, it's as if the Microsoft login password has no dam use.

Can find my review here - http://www.addictootech.com/how-to-l...lost-password/

So my question to you guys is, what do you really think about these programs? And by the way, I have the latest version of Windows 10 installed and I was able to change my admin password so easy that I don't think I should even use one anymore.

There has been a bunch a them in the hirens suite for ages now

Quote Originally Posted by Smartd View Post
    So I was contacted by a Chinese software company to review their Windows password recovery software, and to be honest I am really not sure why I had no idea that these programs existed. Am pretty sure that some of you guys know about similar programs, but even after writing the review am still questioning why it was so easy for this program to change my windows password, it's as if the Microsoft login password has no dam use.

So my question to you guys is, what do you really think about these programs? And by the way, I have the latest version of Windows 10 installed and I was able to change my admin password so easy that I don't think I should even use one anymore.
    This only works on a local account (not Microsoft or any Online account), with windows 8 and upwards.

I don't see the need for password reset tool as I'm in a domain environment. I'm more interesting in temporarily bypassing the authentication process of Windows such as passwords.

Log in accounts with knowing the password and once windows loads over, the user password remains the same.

Many times persons leave their machine at a friend's computer store without the password and expect you to finish the work before they return without affecting their account contents.
    Last edited by Dre'; Jun 8, 2016 at 08:28 AM.
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartd View Post

Well the password has to be stored on the machine. So if it is stored on the machine then the right tool can get to it.

I used a program back in the day that would show you, the password of the account. Was not easy to use by any means. To me a few hours just to get the password for the account.

Quote Originally Posted by Dre' View Post
    This only works on a local account (not Microsoft or any Online account), with windows 8 and upwards.

I don't see the need for password reset tool as I'm in a domain environment. I'm more interesting in temporarily bypassing the authentication process of Windows such as passwords.

Log in accounts with knowing the password and once windows loads over, the user password remains the same.

Many times persons leave their machine at a friend's computer store without the password and expect you to finish the work before they return without affecting their account contents.
    What about local admin? The password for that has to be stored locally.

Also in windows 8 and 10 the last password you used is always stored on the machine so you can login while offline.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    Well the password has to be stored on the machine. So if it is stored on the machine then the right tool can get to it.

I used a program back in the day that would show you, the password of the account. Was not easy to use by any means. To me a few hours just to get the password for the account.

What about local admin? The password for that has to be stored locally.

Also in windows 8 and 10 the last password you used is always stored on the machine so you can login while offline.
    All Local Accounts will bypass authorization regardless of the Windows.

However for Microsoft accounts or any other Online accounts on Windows 10, you will not be able to change or even bypass the password with these software even though the some account information is stored locally.

Previously with Windows 8 and 8.1 this was possible
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

These tools have been around for quite some time. I had one back in the days when 3 1/2" diskettes were popular. That was over 10 years ago.

This is the reason that security courses emphasize the physical security of important computers such as servers.

^ What he said lol. On the real though even Linux server passwords can be bypassed/reset once you have physical access and its on purpose. Face it, humans forget or misplace passwords or others may maliciously change them so there has to be a safety mechanism to reset them.

Please note this is completely separate from encryption, once something is encrypted correctly the chances of you breaking that encryption in a reasonable amount of time may not be worth the effort.

password? i only use when i'm forced to. online accounts. otherwise, why bother......... lol. i've reset so many for so many of my "lady" friends when they forget them......

except for encryption like psilos said, baaah......

i told someone saturday that the only way two people can be 99.9% sure something is kept between them is to stand naked out in the open face to face n discuss whatever. lol
    Back to square one....., back off the ground now........

A Konboot cd should be able to bypass login without changing the password.
    "To err is human - and to blame it on a computer is even more so."
    Alcatel One Touch PIXI 3 (4.5)
    LG Fortune 2