Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bios update

Quote Originally Posted by Flexx17 View Post
    Don't remember the exact parts, but i used mainly swiftech and xspc parts
    ok zeen me a pree fi go wid ek blocks,alphacool rads and res,d5 pump and soft tubing.
    Car Audio and PC Enthusiast. System Specs:CPU:Intel-Core i7 4790k 4Ghz quad-core processor, COOLER: Corsair H80i V2, MOBO:MSI Z97A Gaming 7, RAM:Kingston Savage 16gb (2x8) 1866mhz, SSD:Samsung 850 evo-series 250gb, HDD:WD black 7200rpm 1tb, GPU:MSI geforce GTX 980ti gaming 6G, CASE:Corsair carbide 230t black, PSU:EVGA 850W G2 80+GOLD.

Quote Originally Posted by cushman View Post
    at one point in time me did a pree fi get the h80i but the performance was the same or a bit worst than the top air coolers so i didn't bother with it
    How big are these coolers?

Are you talking about performing better at idle or at load?

I stopped using big air coolers long time ago.

Myself I don't like custom loops. I have aio on my cpu and gpu. Neither loads over 60c.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

@pezz the things are mammoths! Both load and idle temps are lowered but id much rather an aio setup, much cleaner and alot less stress on the board

I was looking at the Noctua d15 that things is a monstrosity if I ever saw one, it is insanely huge, I already have a buyer for my air Hyper 212. Might look at the h80i. Pezz what CPU are you running with the H80i and what temps are you getting and what overclock are you running
    Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often -Anonymous.......

Quote Originally Posted by Flexx17 View Post
    @pezz the things are mammoths! Both load and idle temps are lowered but id much rather an aio setup, much cleaner and alot less stress on the board
    Yeah I was just showing the appeal of AIO to Topanaris.

I use to use those big air coolers at one point. the idle temp is lower like 32c vs 34c. Idle temps really doesn't matter with such a small difference.

However.... Load over time the Air cooler loses. Like load over 20mins and the Air cooler gets saturated.

Quote Originally Posted by topanaris View Post
    I was looking at the Noctua d15 that things is a monstrosity if I ever saw one, it is insanely huge, I already have a buyer for my air Hyper 212. Might look at the h80i. Pezz what CPU are you running with the H80i and what temps are you getting and what overclock are you running
    I am using a 125w AMD 8320 3.5ghz stock.

initially when I got it I had a h60. But the h60 couldn't handle it at load at all. The radiator was hot to the touch (burning your finger). had the cpu at 4.3ghz at this point.

I got the h100i then realized it couldn't fit in my case. So then I got the H80i... Perfect.

I have the cpu at 4.6ghz for over a year now with no issues. Load temps are in high 40s mid 50s depending. I have 2 fans on it in push/pull/. fans are set to low. I could get higher temp if I turned the fan speed up, but naah.
    Last edited by khat17; Jun 9, 2016 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Multiple posts / replies could have been put in a single post.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    I am using a 125w AMD 8320 3.5ghz stock.

initially when I got it I had a h60. But the h60 couldn't handle it at load at all. The radiator was hot to the touch (burning your finger). had the cpu at 4.3ghz at this point.

I got the h100i then realized it couldn't fit in my case. So then I got the H80i... Perfect.

I have the cpu at 4.6ghz for over a year now with no issues. Load temps are in high 40s mid 50s depending. I have 2 fans on it in push/pull/. fans are set to low. I could get higher temp if I turned the fan speed up, but naah.
    I overclocked my FX6300 to 4.5GHZ with the Evo 212, and it never cracked 55C. AMD cpus generate a lot less heat than Intel based on my experience. So i guess I will stick with the h100i, was considering the h80i for a sec there

I overclocked my FX6300 to 4.5GHZ with the Evo 212, and it never cracked 55C. AMD cpus generate a lot less heat than Intel based on my experience. So i guess I will stick with the h100i, was considering the h80i for a sec there
    The 6300 is 95w. So it isn't generating as much heat as my cpu.

Also I am not sure how intel's CPU and heat is at this point. I know they use less power which typically means they don't generate as much heat. They are also on way smaller node than AMD.

I think the issue is the lid over Intel's CPU isn't soldered, they use thermal paste instead. That will cause heat issues.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

Also I am not sure how intel's CPU and heat is at this point. I know they use less power which typically means they don't generate as much heat. They are also on way smaller node than AMD.

I think the issue is the lid over Intel's CPU isn't soldered, they use thermal paste instead. That will cause heat issues.
    I have seen videos with people de-lidding their Intel CPUs and replacing the thermal compound with some Arctic Silver, I can attest to the fact that my 4690K runs way too hot at stock, which renders the stock cooler effectively useless. When I went the route of the 4690K I never thought about the cooling because I think the Evo 212 would suffice - however I might have been spoiled by AMD by placing a 25% overclock and not going over 52C and I guess I was expecting the same from Intel.

I really did not plan on buying anything else for this computer but oh well.

How big are these coolers?

Are you talking about performing better at idle or at load?

I stopped using big air coolers long time ago.

Myself I don't like custom loops. I have aio on my cpu and gpu. Neither loads over 60c.
    they're freaking huge enu pezz! from the first two ram slots right back to almost cover the heatsink that is close to the mobo io shield,and yes both idle and load.,check out techpower a their website make me make up my mind on most of what i bought.alot of folks don't want water near their hardware even more so for custom loops but i notice that companies are making hardware with the intention that us the consumer is gonna watercool it.

yes it does! them use a crappy paste between the ihs and the die! but linus did delid a 6700k and use a different paste and didn't see much improvement in temps.on the topic of tdp though Some sources state that the peak power for a microprocessor is usually 1.5 times the TDP rating,and me get fi understand that amd and intel use different methods for their tdp ratings.so even though intel have smaller dies and lower tdp ratings doesn't mean that they're gonna run cooler than amd chips that have a bigger die and higher tdp ratings to my understanding anyway! a since me get fi own a intel cpu now me realize say the tdp way dem say a utter bs!me can understand that them nu
    want fi foot the cost of soldering the mainstream i3 and i5 die to the ihs but the i7! jeez and the cost of it come close to the cheapest e-line of cpu's.

I have seen videos with people de-lidding their Intel CPUs and replacing the thermal compound with some Arctic Silver, I can attest to the fact that my 4690K runs way too hot at stock, which renders the stock cooler effectively useless. When I went the route of the 4690K I never thought about the cooling because I think the Evo 212 would suffice - however I might have been spoiled by AMD by placing a 25% overclock and not going over 52C and I guess I was expecting the same from Intel.

I really did not plan on buying anything else for this computer but oh well.
    intel screwed us fam! amd is like a horse can go for miles at 40 to 55mph,intel on the other hand is like a cheetah lol cheater can go for 1500ft at 75mph!

took the side panels of the 230t case and got a delta t 10c drop on cpu the 230t airflow is utter crap
    Last edited by khat17; Jun 9, 2016 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Multiple posts / replies could have been put in a single post.
    Car Audio and PC Enthusiast. System Specs:CPU:Intel-Core i7 4790k 4Ghz quad-core processor, COOLER: Corsair H80i V2, MOBO:MSI Z97A Gaming 7, RAM:Kingston Savage 16gb (2x8) 1866mhz, SSD:Samsung 850 evo-series 250gb, HDD:WD black 7200rpm 1tb, GPU:MSI geforce GTX 980ti gaming 6G, CASE:Corsair carbide 230t black, PSU:EVGA 850W G2 80+GOLD.

Quote Originally Posted by cushman View Post
    took the side panels of the 230t case and got a delta t 10c drop on cpu the 230t airflow is utter crap
    nah the cpu cooler is the crap.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup