Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JCF Criminal records system computerized

Default JCF Criminal records system computerized

KINGSTON, Jamaica (JIS) — The Jamaica Constabulary Force’s (JCF) criminal records system is now computerized at a cost of approximately $98.1 million.

Established through funding from the Government of the United Kingdom (UK) the electronic database replaces the manual format of documentation at the Criminal Records Office on Duke Street in Kingston.

The facility now enables the JCF to streamline the collation and storage of new and existing data, and their retrieval for use in investigations and court hearings, among other proceedings.
    Source: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/lates...m-computerized

Although not much details were given. What are your thoughts on this? Right now im wondering if the other parishes can access said database. Im also hoping that since the UK was involved it was secured properly.

This is great news but I think they will still be recording new cases in that "Moses and the 10 Commandments Slab" they call a notebook. I say so because I think it requires the new system to be gazetted for them to get rid of it. After all computers have been a thing for at least over a decade and yet every time I go to the Station to file a report out comes the slab.

^ i know what u mean. Unless its enforced by higher ups that they MUST keep the database current i feel there will be inconsistencies between what's on paper and what is electronic

About time. Do they have the mobile hardware to access the info while on the road?
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Pezz, the people just computerize the records, you really think they have mobile access

Currently they can look up your car documents via a Blackberry app. Yes I said Blackberry. Enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by psilos View Post
    Pezz, the people just computerize the records, you really think they have mobile access

Currently they can look up your car documents via a Blackberry app. Yes I said Blackberry. Enough said.
    lol I was wondering and hoping they had mobile access.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

ill be happy when you dont have to visit a specific Tax Office because a record is at the specific location

Quote Originally Posted by Flexx17 View Post
    ill be happy when you dont have to visit a specific Tax Office because a record is at the specific location
    ..... That is still happening?
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    ..... That is still happening?
    Lol yes bruh... Well as far as i know it is. But i havent been to a JA tax office in about 9 months now. Would be a pleasant surprise if its different now

My last visit there was during some system downtime. It was terrible.
    "To err is human - and to blame it on a computer is even more so."
    Alcatel One Touch PIXI 3 (4.5)
    LG Fortune 2