Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Credit card processing for Jamaican business

Happens whenever I try to edit a post from the mobile theme... some glitch in the matrix....
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by psilos View Post
    Today, 04:39 AM
    Daveyon
    This message has been deleted by Daveyon.
    This is exactly what happened:

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Happens whenever I try to edit a post from the mobile theme... some glitch in the matrix....
    I've seen a typo, press edit then it's gone. I was on my mobile.
    Just an average web developer.

Yea it happens.............

For anyone still looking into this I would strongly advise you to go the PayPal route or even register a US business and use Stripe before considering approaching NCB or BNS. The Plug n Pay API that they both use isn't difficult to integrate but their approach/requirements just don't make sense for small businesses. If you still feel up for the task, make sure you have all your business docs including company incorporation and tax documents ready. Also be ready for security audits for your code and some other stupid ****.
    "Fortune Favors the Bold" -Virgil

^ wiser words have never been spoken.

Is it that you guys want to conduct business without paying tax?
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Conduct business without paying tax? That's the only reason why someone would have difficulty providing company incorporation documents, TCC etc? I take it you're not a small business owner or have no idea what it takes to incorporate a company in Jamaica and getting all the necessary documents from TAJ, NHT, NIS that are required for a TCC.

By your logic all the businesses in the first world must not be paying taxes either because none of those countries require those documents when you're signing up for an account on Stripe.

Quote Originally Posted by sumo View Post
    Conduct business without paying tax? That's the only reason why someone would have difficulty providing company incorporation documents, TCC etc? I take it you're not a small business owner or have no idea what it takes to incorporate a company in Jamaica and getting all the necessary documents from TAJ, NHT, NIS that are required for a TCC.

By your logic all the businesses in the first world must not be paying taxes either because none of those countries require those documents when you're signing up for an account on Stripe.

You seem hurt about something

You wrote a book and still haven't answered the question.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Nope have nothing to be hurt about, just don't like when people ask stupid questions in an otherwise productive discussion.

I have no problem paying taxes and I think the sensible thing to do is to use the same approach all the top payment gateways take. That approach is to ask for a Social Security or other tax identifier (TRN for us) and provide data to the tax authorities (TAJ), which have to power to close down your business (and by extension your account) if taxes are not being paid.

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    Is it that you guys want to conduct business without paying tax?
    The idea of not paying taxes has never been expressed or insinuated in any of the posts in this thread. What everyone so far, with the exception of yourself, has been saying is that the technical and bureaucratic difficulties of handling credit card payments in Jamaica are exceptionally difficult.
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.