Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Credit card processing for Jamaican business

Question Credit card processing for Jamaican business

As you can see, I now live in the UK. Websites can process credit card payment with a simple API or can be customised to your needs. Many developers from the UK, US etc uses stripe.com for credit card payments and money easily be deposited in their business or personal bank accounts.

Sadly, stripe.com is not yet ready for Jamaica. Has anyone built a webapp that processes credit cards for the Jamaican market thus makes it easily to deposit money directly into their bank account ie: NBC, Scotia etc?

How can you take payments from your website and get the money into your bank account without waiting days?

as far as i know Jamaica is still in the stone ages as it relates to E commerce. its a sad situation really

Scotia and NCB has payment gateways... gonna run you about $25-$30,000 to implement...
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Scotia and NCB has payment gateways... gonna run you about $25-$30,000 to implement...
    For Ecommerce?
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    F'ed up! Why they dont make their api open sourced? Would they supply the docs so we could implement our own api?

Edit:

I've sent an email to NCB requesting their API and asked few questions. I hope their API returns JSON
    Last edited by Daveyon; May 30, 2016 at 10:48 AM.
    Just an average web developer.

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    For Ecommerce?
    Yes........

Quote Originally Posted by Daveyon View Post
    F'ed up! Why they dont make their api open sourced? Would they supply the docs so we could implement our own api?

Edit:

I've sent an email to NCB requesting their API and asked few questions. I hope their API returns JSON
    Far as I see it they are just middle man for an overseas payment gateway.. they just will allow you to receive payments in your local account. they will send you all documentation needed.

I'm gonna be getting the Scotia gateway soon.. using PayPal ATM.

Yea... PayPal is ok but the length of time in which it takes for you to get the actual money into your hands. Still dont know why it takes so long. US, UK takes few hours or minutes. Not going there...

Regarding Scotia, I'll have a look at them.

Another topic: We need to create our own banks for us devs.
    Just an average web developer.

Yea... PayPal is ok but the length of time in which it takes for you to get the actual money into your hands. Still dont know why it takes so long. US, UK takes few hours or minutes. Not going there...

Regarding Scotia, I'll have a look at them.

Another topic: We need to create our own banks for us devs.
    Sadly the real world does not like your line of thinking. The government does not like citizen banks. Sorry you are not getting your open source bank.

God knows how much money/property you would need to have before you can establish a bank. but I did read this the other day; http://www.jnbs.com/jamaica-needs-st...e-de-risking-2

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    Sadly the real world does not like your line of thinking. The government does not like citizen banks. Sorry you are not getting your open source bank.

God knows how much money/property you would need to have before you can establish a bank. but I did read this the other day; http://www.jnbs.com/jamaica-needs-st...e-de-risking-2
    Legalise the weed, make friends and make wire transfer a breeze. I've looked into this more and it's sad, Jamaican will be in the stone age for more years to come. Unless, i hate this word, someone has their millions or billions we can create our own banks that processes credit and debit cards.

I'm sure many of us want to start our own online business but to get the profit into our bank account proves lengthly.

Legalise the weed, make friends and make wire transfer a breeze. I've looked into this more and it's sad, Jamaican will be in the stone age for more years to come. Unless, i hate this word, someone has their millions or billions we can create our own banks that processes credit and debit cards.

I'm sure many of us want to start our own online business but to get the profit into our bank account proves lengthly.
    Was listening to an amateur economist ascribe the black market as much as what you said above. That Jamaica's authorities has crippled our black market, which, in turn, stifles innovation and efficiency. Could someone explain this theory?

Also, what do you think of that movement in the USA of $15 minimum wage? Why are so many of the working class against it?

What if Jamaica joined the basic wage experiment? <(did we have this discussion already?)