Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FLOW Horizon Service

it's VOD (Video on Demand) upgrade to FLOW's AVS (Address Verification System) used to verify customer logging on to their platform. Horizon is FLOW's answer to Digicel Play

http://geezam.com/digicel-play-nbcun...-no-advantage/

FLOW's AVS stands for Advanced Video Services. Address Verification System is a system used in the US for credit card authorization. Smh.

To be fair AVS was first and always had similar features to Play, but just was not marketed well outside of its large fanfare launch.

A rebranding is definitely necessary and more road shows. The existing promotion is very cheap and should get a lot of legacy customers to switch to over and probably those who never had any cable.

When you watch the Digicel Play promotional videos they clearly ignore the fact the Flow's AVS system exist, they keep driving home that they are the first. Smh

I have no issues with my AVS all I could ask for is more HD channels and more channels on my Flow to go app.

There is a video on Flow Jamaica facebook page which speaks to Horizon.

https://www.facebook.com/FlowJamaica/videos
    PHONE: XR

Well that's the same AVS HD cable box in the video.

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Well that's the same AVS HD cable box in the video.
    The pause and rewind features they described are only available with the current box if a USB key is inserted.
    PHONE: XR

Maybe the service is supposed to be good, but their customer service has gone completely South.

There was an accident in the area and some lines went down. JPS got their service back up within 6 hours. It's going towards 72 hours now for FLOW to get service back up.

Cable came back up in about 20 hours. Phone and internet still down. Close to 72 hours.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by BountyKilla View Post
    The pause and rewind features they described are only available with the current box if a USB key is inserted.
    You can play from beginning without a USB stick.. once you play from beginning you can pause/rwd/fwd... only issue if you play from beginning with HD content it goes to SD.

So its confirmed that horizon is just a rebranding of the AVS service from FLOW. Right now i am contemplating to switch to digicel play as i am paying for FLOW Absolute and getting non HD for so much money. When i did the math better i take on the add on packages from Digicel play .

There is FLOW Absolute HD as well. I have a box I can sell you. Right money