Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FLOW Horizon Service

Great........ I really hope that's not the case cause me can't bother with another change over..

I just link ma Flow links... man seh him totally lost to this new Horizon.. seh him can't get no solid internal info as to what it is.. even Flow's website I can't see nothing about it.. kmt.

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    I just link ma Flow links... man seh him totally lost to this new Horizon.. seh him can't get no solid internal info as to what it is.. even Flow's website I can't see nothing about it.. kmt.
    See this link for information on Horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    The Horizon service is referring to the Horizon TV service Liberty developed in 2011-12. It has a whole host of features from HD and 3D PVR to Contextual YouTube searches, an App Store, Twitter Integration, a Stunning UI, Integrated 802.11n router and landline phone line... The list goes on. You can find this service under Liberty's Virgin Media brands in the UK & Ireland, Ziggo in the Netherlands, UPC Cablecomm in Switzerland etc. etc. etc.

It's nothing we in Jamaica (unless we owned smart TVs) had ever seen before. It integrates all of FLOW's offerings (except mobile lol) into one "box". Liberty is currently midway through developing a replacement for the Horizon service that promises even more features than this, its name is Project "EOS". Stay tuned for THAT!
    Thanks for the info. Personally I dont mind a switch over, I always thought the Flow AVS system was not fully mature and lacking in features.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    Thanks for the info. Personally I dont mind a switch over, I always thought the Flow AVS system was not fully mature and lacking in features.
    I'm of opinion that Liberty wanted to rush Horizon to market in Jamaica to stymie Digicel Play's future growth.... Horizon is something Digicel will most likely not be able to match given Liberty's scale and R&D ability.

Horizon also has its own OTT service called Horizon Go. I'm not sure about all of this until I see it in person. It's all guestimation and research at this point given the limited info I have right now.
    Last edited by Brandysull; May 28, 2016 at 09:29 AM.

Hopefully the new service will have better recording and playback. The current one does record, but the playback sucks.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

This really is a rushed to market thing. I'm hearing ads on the radio for Horizon and different ads for regular Flow avs... confusing much.

If the brochure posted is accurate then they will be moving back to large boxes with built-in hard drives. So playback and recording will be a cinch but likely expensive like the original FLOW boxes but with added features like the OTT apps.
    Last edited by psilos; May 28, 2016 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    The Horizon service is referring to the Horizon TV service Liberty developed in 2011-12. It has a whole host of features from HD and 3D PVR to Contextual YouTube searches, an App Store, Twitter Integration, a Stunning UI, Integrated 802.11n router and landline phone line... The list goes on. You can find this service under Liberty's Virgin Media brands in the UK & Ireland, Ziggo in the Netherlands, UPC Cablecomm in Switzerland etc. etc. etc.

It's nothing we in Jamaica (unless we owned smart TVs) had ever seen before. It integrates all of FLOW's offerings (except mobile lol) into one "box". Liberty is currently midway through developing a replacement for the Horizon service that promises even more features than this, its name is Project "EOS". Stay tuned for THAT!
    Thanks for the info, it sounds very promising.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    I agree with you. They are even a few features that the old system did better than AVS imo.
    MSI GE62VR Apache Pro ||| Sn10 OP5T Powered by Digicel & Flow

Well a Manager at Flow told me right now Horizon is just a rebranding of AVS plus a few enhancements.. Said they just trying to get people off the legacy cable and get them to get AVS/Horizon.. said all who on AVS won't be getting any new boxes or anything like that.

So let's see if his word is bond..