Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What is Happening with Sony?

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    What is going on with Sony?

Is Sony even relevant anymore.

Looking back Sony was the king of electronics in every segment. phones (the legendary Walkman phone), Tvs, Stereo Systems etc.

Now I cant think of one reason to buy Sony in any segment.
    What are you talking about. Sony is King in DSLR sensors and their cameras are quite awesome. esp in cinematography applications. TVs sell just the same, headphones as well (i have 3 sony headphones). "Component sets" are pretty much a thing of the past now and they used to dominate there.

Sony phones are crappy now still just the same thing all over again no innovation. They Tried with Vaio but the price/performance ratio was BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Sony failed at everything so they put "all" their "efforts" on the ps4 which is the only thing they have going for them right now
    What the hell are you talking about? Failed at everything? seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Flexx17 View Post
    Failed was supposed to be in quotes too. lol
    And nothin's ever promised tomorrow, today
    And nothin lasts forever, but be honest, babe
    It hurts, but it may be the only way.
    Console Pesant on me PS4

What are you talking about. Sony is King in DSLR sensors
    SAY WHAT NOW?????

Canon and Nikon eat Sony for lunch all day everyday. Canon is King.. Nikon next.. so I guess Sony would get third by default lol

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    SAY WHAT NOW?????

Canon and Nikon eat Sony for lunch all day everyday. Canon is King.. Nikon next.. so I guess Sony would get third by default lol
    In what way, lol all the best sensors in nikon cameras are made by Sony. The sony A7s was the low light king (sony sensor) before the D5 (which also has a sony sensor) and yes Sony is 3rd in the Camera world right now but CanoNikon has a huge market share. Im not quite sure what u mean by eat Sony for lunch though and also what makes Canon King? <--- maybe that will derail this thread still but id like to know your views

What are you talking about. Sony is King in DSLR sensors and their cameras are quite awesome. esp in cinematography applications. TVs sell just the same, headphones as well (i have 3 sony headphones). "Component sets" are pretty much a thing of the past now and they used to dominate there.

Sony phones are crappy now still just the same thing all over again no innovation. They Tried with Vaio but the price/performance ratio was BS.

You are really delusional Flexx. Dwl. Sony makes good sensors but can't make a good camera. And no. .. their TVs don't sell. Samsung and LG dominates that.

I will give you the headphones. No one buys them though. I have Sony headphones still lol.

Sony is only dominating in the sensor field. But they fail at making cameras.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

You are really delusional Flexx. Dwl. Sony makes good sensors but can't make a good camera. And no. .. their TVs don't sell. Samsung and LG dominates that.

I will give you the headphones. No one buys them though. I have Sony headphones still lol.

Sony is only dominating in the sensor field. But they fail at making cameras.
    How do they fail at making cameras? They are the leaders in Mirrorless Cameras
    http://www.diyphotography.net/japan-...ikon-stutters/

Truth be told the ergonomics of flagship cameras is so dumb id never see myself ever buying one for photography. but for video with a Rig they PWN Canon and Nikon

How do they fail at making cameras? They are the leaders in Mirrorless Cameras
    http://www.diyphotography.net/japan-...ikon-stutters/

Truth be told the ergonomics of flagship cameras is so dumb id never see myself ever buying one for photography. but for video with a Rig they PWN Canon and Nikon
    From your source.
    This is a completely different ball game and while Sony has disappeared in the DSLR market, Olympus has been eating Sony’s dust this past year as Sony made its way to the crown.
    So they are failing in what you said they are winning......
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Also LG was never a bad brand. They were constantly competing with Sony and Panasonic as Top 3.
    You are definitely young. LG used to be known as Goldstar and their products in those days were similar to Coby. Enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Sony failed at everything so they put "all" their "efforts" on the ps4 which is the only thing they have going for them right now
    Yeah the PS4 is Sony's bread and butter now so they focusing on that market. Think I heard some years ago that they were losing from other areas of their department, especially the smartphone department.

Not surprised though as they always sell their products quit expensive.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Quote Originally Posted by psilos View Post
    You are definitely young. LG used to be known as Goldstar and their products in those days were similar to Coby. Enough said.
    Yeah and the LG is actually Lucky Goldstar.