Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Digicel 10gbps Internet test

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    Please tell him again. Bout grateful.

Then again I think he earns from promoting digicel not sure. He clearly doesn't have Jamaica and the consumers interest at heart.
    Maybe he is just a fanboi.
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by gW33Zy View Post
    I'm coming from days when we had nothing tech wise here in Jamaica.. so maybe that's why I can be grateful for what I have now.. some of you cats born come see all of this tech stuff.. so yau'll wouldn't understand..
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by gW33Zy View Post
    Nah check his post history on these topics. This isnt the first time I said it.

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    I'm coming from days when we had nothing tech wise here in Jamaica.. so maybe that's why I can be grateful for what I have now.. some of you cats born come see all of this tech stuff.. so yau'll wouldn't understand..
    Every country coming from having nothing tech wise.

No cat right here....
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Some places still have nothing brah...
    Even here in Jamaica, go some places and you drop off the grid totally..
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Everyone has a different perspective on their experiences and we should respect that. Some express gratitude for what they have whether it's good or bad - respect that. Some expect the level of service that they're paying for - respect that. In my opinion the telecom products in Jamaica is a mixed bag. In one aspect they're more competitive price and feature-wise when compared with North American products in a similar category. On the other hand the reliability of some providers is not up to par with their NA counter-parts. At the end of the day, Jamaican telecom providers need to provide a better balance between price and quality of service.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

What would be nice is a nation-wide WiFi blanket that is freely accessible and scalable by BYOD or other ad-hoc methods. Nothing expensive there. Only need to make an open infrastructure much like those community and grassroot DIY networks in other countries (Freifunk?). If we had a country-covering WWAN (internet does not need to be with it), lots of our information technology woes would be solved right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Everyone has a different perspective on their experiences and we should respect that. Some express gratitude for what they have whether it's good or bad - respect that. Some expect the level of service that they're paying for - respect that. In my opinion the telecom products in Jamaica is a mixed bag. In one aspect they're more competitive price and feature-wise when compared with North American products in a similar category. On the other hand the reliability of some providers is not up to par with their NA counter-parts. At the end of the day, Jamaican telecom providers need to provide a better balance between price and quality of service.
    That's all I saw in your post lol
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

The problem with Jamaican and even Caribbean providers (except the French West Indies, they've had VDSL since 2013 & Fibre since 2014) telecom providers is their lack of scale. Countries like the USA, UK, Canada get the kind of services they do because they receive service from large corporations. In the grand scheme of things, Digicel and CWC (pre-Liberty aquisition) are not large world players of the likes of Verizon, AT&T, Rogers, Vodafone, Liberty etc. These company create and set the standards for telecoms and the others follow. Now, the Caribbean is about to be exposed to a large multinational conglomerate who's both vertically and horizontally integrated. A company like this can affect how content is procured for the region, how phone manufacturers sell their devices to the region and even more important, the quality of service we receive. While it may be great to hear about 10 Gbit/s being a possibility down the line, with all our content being switched to Spanish, crackdowns from content providers like Netflix and fledgling service from FLOW and Digicel, it's best that we as a region being a dialogue with this provider in regards to easing the quickly degrading quality of service we're facing. A 10 Gbit/s network glamour test won't help us in that regard.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    The problem with Jamaican and even Caribbean providers (except the French West Indies, they've had VDSL since 2013 & Fibre since 2014) telecom providers is their lack of scale. Countries like the USA, UK, Canada get the kind of services they do because they receive service from large corporations. In the grand scheme of things, Digicel and CWC (pre-Liberty aquisition) are not large world players of the likes of Verizon, AT&T, Rogers, Vodafone, Liberty etc. These company create and set the standards for telecoms and the others follow. Now, the Caribbean is about to be exposed to a large multinational conglomerate who's both vertically and horizontally integrated. A company like this can affect how content is procured for the region, how phone manufacturers sell their devices to the region and even more important, the quality of service we receive. While it may be great to hear about 10 Gbit/s being a possibility down the line, with all our content being switched to Spanish, crackdowns from content providers like Netflix and fledgling service from FLOW and Digicel, it's best that we as a region being a dialogue with this provider in regards to easing the quickly degrading quality of service we're facing. A 10 Gbit/s network glamour test won't help us in that regard.
    Someone has sense

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    ...A 10 Gbit/s network glamour test won't help us in that regard.
    Especially because test were probably done in a lab between 2 devices across the room from each other.
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.