Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Digicel 10gbps Internet test

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Once again... third world country ... country that is poor as hell... yet we have all the tech infrastructure comparing to any first world..
    What does poor country have to do with anything?

The ISP is poor? No.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Most of the people buying the services are poor.....
    You have people with $100,000 prepaid phones with 1 day data plans...

All me saying.. be glad we have all these services to buy... AVS Cable.. 4g Mobile the works..
    Last edited by GPRS Internet; May 24, 2016 at 12:26 PM.
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Most of the people buying the services is poor.....
    You have people with $100,000 prepaid phones with 1 day data plans...

All me saying.. be glad we have all these services to buy... AVS Cable.. 4g Mobile the works..
    What does that have to do with anything?

The quality of service is poor and not up there with the best of the best like you said.

I don't know what tandem you gone on now lol. I definitely aint going there lol

4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by topanaris View Post
    Not sure why you say thats funny, they are technically correct. Just that places like Korea and Japan have way cheaper Internet but the speed is about right.
    This. Coming from the same company that is currently advertising HSPA+ as "4G". If this goes live, their past indiscretions leans towards then advertising broadband internet speeds as "Gigabit".

Tricks are for kids.
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by gW33Zy View Post
    This. Coming from the same company that is currently advertising HSPA+ as "4G". If this goes live, their past indiscretions leans towards then advertising broadband internet speeds as "Gigabit".

Tricks are for kids.
    Gigabit has a set value. HSPDA+ and 4G didn't/doesn't, everyone has their own definition of 4G.

So they cant say Gigabit if it is not Gigabit.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

Not going off tangent... responding to when the guy said its funny to compare Jamaica to other countries.. Check most other third world countries and see what they have to offer tech wise..

Most of the techies here want the best of the best of the best, not being grateful for what we have...
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

Not going off tangent... responding to when the guy said its funny to compare Jamaica to other countries.. Check most other third world countries and see what they have to offer tech wise..

Most of the techies here want the best of the best of the best, not being grateful for what we have...

Set your standards a little higher than that.

I think that's why our infrastructure is the way it is, because it can access facebook, bbm and whatsapp so it is fine.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

Personally, I can never be grateful for the utility of having internet access. For 2 reasons: 1. it is not free, I pay for getting access to the internet. 2. the service I am getting is bad, considering that I am paying for it.

I have a post paid "faux-G" modem from Digicel I pay $3,500 a month for, only to recieve 1.5Mbps internet. Please understand that you with your access to gigabit internet and 4K cable are a minority, in Jamaica. Maybe that's why have reason to be so grateful.

The only way I could feel grateful for internet access is access to good quality (at least broadband speed) internet is legislated. Give me a way for legal recourse against Digicel, when my internet disconnect or drops to 0.3 Mbps because the sun is starting to set.
    Last edited by gW33Zy; May 24, 2016 at 02:16 PM.
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

My Digicel OK..
    My Flow OK..

So I guess your experience differs from mine..
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

Quote Originally Posted by gW33Zy View Post
    Personally, I can never be grateful for the utility of having internet access. For 2 reasons: 1. it is not free, I pay for getting access to the internet. 2. the service I am getting is bad, considering that I am paying for it.

I have a post paid "faux-G" modem from Digicel I pay $3,500 a month for, only to recieve 1.5Mbps internet. Please understand that you with your access to gigabit internet and 4K cable are a minority, in Jamaica. Maybe that's why have reason to be so grateful.

The only way I could feel grateful for internet access is access to good quality (at least broadband speed) internet is legislated. Give me a way for legal recourse against Digicel, when my internet disconnect or drops to 0.3 Mbps because the sun is starting to set.
    Please tell him again. Bout grateful.

Then again I think he earns from promoting digicel not sure. He clearly doesn't have Jamaica and the consumers interest at heart.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup